TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

I don't know if an epidural will help with leg & ankle cramps. For me, I think the regular strengthening exercises from PT have helped more than anything. Unusual, prolonged activity seems to set mine off, usually waking me in the middle of the night! I hope you find relief, chronic pain is exhausting to deal with.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm sorry your having so much problems. I am thinking and praying for ya. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @susanne

Your post on my thread about your bf losing 70lbs and no more oxygen made me feel so happy for you. What lovely news. Fantastic in fact. Have a lovely week with your daughter. That's such good medicine.

I do hope that whatever route you decide to go down for your back relief works for you and you will keep me updated please.

Good luck with the hip check this afternoon, I hope you'll find time to post and let us know how you get on. So lovely to hear from you

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi all. Well went to surgeon for 5 yr hip check and everything fine. He said my pains in leg and ankle are most likely coming from lower back, today saw pain management dr who was not very satisfied with the imaging report. Besides severe spinal stenosis a lot of bulging disks. He said def osteo arthritis but not convinced yet about what kind of treatment to do. He will give me injections but not sure what kinda he's waiting to speak to neurologist. He said neck and having no feelings in my right hand prob due to carpel tunnel. But said he will work on one thing at a time. Mainly back. Also said I have brisk leg reflexes something else to deal with
Well, it's great getting old!!! At least things can get fixed
Daughter in saw last night. She'll be in for a week. So happy to be with her
Feel good everybody
❤️❤️❤️susanne
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Me and Emily, her dog Sadie happy to see me!!!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 
What beautiful photos @susanne -- pleased about your hip. I hope you can get further clarification regards the other issues. I can so relate chronic to back issues. With my other hip replacement on hold for at least a year to 18 months (not giving me significant pain just yet, but bone on bone) it is my lower back, neck, shoulders and arms that give me curry each and every day.

Yes, it is great getting old, just wish my body would listen to my mind, lol....

Enjoy your together time with Emily :)
 
Hi @susanne

I'm sorry to hear about the further health issues you've got going on. However, the pain management person you're seeing seems to be trying his best and being honest with you. I'm glad he is liaising directly with the Neurologist too.

I so love your pics. You and your daughter are so lovely and happy together. Yes, I agree the dog is very happy to see you too x is she a Staffie? (Staffordshire bull terrier). She looks like my daughters dog xxx

Love Nana moon 27 x.
 
Chortle love the pics. Hey pal as Dr said one problem a a time. The old ying and yang thing. Hmmmmm I'm sure I remember posts of a certain person flying about all over the place so nae wonder the joints and back are complaining. One thing at a time and bet you are grinning widely at your megga family time.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Susan sorry to hear about further health issues. Prayers they can get them fix. Good pics. Nice to be happy. Just go take mind off things. Xxxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@nanamoon. Ann Emily's dog is a rescue. She got her at 6 months. She's now 7. She's a blue nose pit
Petrified of everything has to wear a pressure vest when Emily's packing bc she gets so nervous. She's so attached she sleeps with her paws around Emily's waist
Thanks for all your well wishes
Will keep you all posted. It is what it is. Just do glad I won't be at work all summer. It's just too disturbing there
Kind of like preschool prison
❤️❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Oh @susanne

I'm glad you won't be working in that pre school prison. It sounds dreadful. I think the rest from the environment will do your back and everything good x sorry reply is short meds have kicked in and I'm sooooo tired xxxx

Love Ann xxx
 
@susanne, we could be twins! Like you, I also have so many bulging discs it's not funny! Had carpal tunnel surgery and two trigger finger releases on my left hand over winter break from school in December. Need the other hand done, but don't want to spend all of my school breaks having surgery! Hope this new doc can provide you with some relief. So good that you're getting to enjoy your visit with your daughter and granddog!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Lovestoread. We must have been connected in past lives. Did I mention carpal tunnel in both wrists and numbness in 3 fingers on each hand
Does it ever end ??? Think I'm too old for these physical jobs. Sos sec disability looking better every day. Just worried about health insurance
Also read any good books lately?
@nanamoon. Ann short and sweet perfect. Feel good enjoy your sleep
❤️❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
So I was just wondering, at 1 1/2 yrs out of tkr why is my knee still throbbing at times? When I saw surgeon he said everything' looks good could it be this horrible muggy damp hot weather? I've been putting ice packs on at work and just want to lay with my legs straight out instead of sitting or crossing my legs a lot . But now my right hip replacement side is hurting. I think I've been so used to going down with hip side and for year and a half have been going down on my left side I feel like my rt leg has gotten so weak Do you think riding stationary bike might help or should I annoy my neighbors and go up and down the staircase Not to comfortable doing squats can't get down low enough Any ideas what to do? Suggestions so welcomed
Last day of work Friday. Than Drs appts for shoulder replacement july22
Hopefully that should be the last time!!
Thanks for the venting session and again any ideas on what to do would be greatly appreciated
Hope everyone's recovery is going well
❤️❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Suzanne, why don't you have your GP sign you up for a round of therapy to see if you can strengthen the muscles that seem weakened to you? That could help.
 
The bike could be good as you dictate the resistance you can cope with. Do you have a pool near walking in water is brilliant for muscles. Very relaxing too just lie on back.and shut the world out...

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin a pool within walking distance. So not doable I might be able to walk to city or drive to beach. Have to find a friend who has a pool !!
Now that it's been raining for 3 straight days an ark would be a more suitable means of travel
Plus every joint is hurting so bad
Waiting for pain dr to do something for my back and legs
Knee feeling weird like pins sticking in it. Maybe the nerves are waking up
Anyway hope ur doing ok. Will have to go read your threads to make sure you're not doing anything you shouldn't be doing. Or is that an oxymoron ??
❤️❤️❤️from the big apple


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Chortles @susanne now would I ever misbehave, tut. Really sorry pain hasn't been brought to check, it so wearing. I have started Thai chi from you tube of nothing else its a time to shut the world out. Keep smiling big apple

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Administrative Note: Susanne's thread has been split to move her posts regarding her shoulder replacement over to BoneSmart's new forum for Other Joint Replacements. You can find her at this location:

Five Replacements and Going Strong

Please go there to talk with her about her shoulder surgery. Discussions in this thread should relate to her knee replacement. Thanks!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom