TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Glad you are going to ask for an ankle x ray, with all the arthritis you have, it should be ruled out.
 
Just be careful. Authour knows how to Agervate us. And we he meats itious she is annoying. Her and author combined drives me crazy. And know there getting married it's a long journey of us being irritated... And when there kids join them they pick a part of our body to make hurt. So nothing we can do just grow old with them. And beg them to be good. Lol sorry for the crazy thread.


Hope u can get a X-ray and get some relief. Wishing you some relief!!!


Just a little inside joke. My 81 year old mom said. I know I did not spell it right lol.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Susanne, has the neurologist you've been seeing mentioned anything about Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome ( #CRPS )? You might ask about that. It can sometimes cause a severe burning sensation. One of the first treatments for it would be Lyrica or gababentin. Are you on either of those?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Jamie. Took lyrica and gabapentin had very bad reactions to it. Felt like I was going crazy. Still trying to figure it out #crps
Thanks. Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's horrible feeling had to wean off for 4 days. Even lyrica had that effect on me. Not sure what next step will be. Just taking lots of vitamins and tonic water sans the vodka


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
So sorry for you. My pain consultant chappie recomended vit c says deff says it helps with.pain relief.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mine recommended magnesium vit B6


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 
Hi @susanne

I haven't abandoned you. I had no alerts again whatsoever. Not even for Legin, Angel and Dogwheels who had posted on here. Anyway, I've just been reading through your thread. I'm sorry your ankle has Osteoarthritis. Ouch.
Btw love the tattoos xxx Kitty's down dog is perfect.

Anyway, what treatment are they suggesting for the ankle arthritis and the bunions? Or is it wait and see?

Ps one week and counting to next knee....

Love Ann xxx
 
If you do have #CRPS, icing is not recommended and can aggravate it further. Hope you find some relief soon.
 
@Wrangler thanks for the info. Getting MRI on back Wednesday. Neuro thinks pain might be coming from there. Will wait and see when test results come back
Seeing surgeon for ck up on hip. Can't believe it's been 5 years!
Be well everybody
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
MRI results showed severe spinal stenosis bulging disk thinks that's what's causing pain down my legs. Me not so sure why I would get leg and ankle cramps bc if this
He recommended epidurals. Onward for more pain management opinions
❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
We can be pain management twins. Seriously tho please just slow down.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I am sorry your having so much trouble. My aunt went to a spinal canter some where. She has that. And her scar is smaller than my daughter scholiouisous scar. But she is pain free. Best regards to you. But slow down. Take a breath. You do a lot. Take time to heal. Xxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It's sounds as though it's treatable with the epidurals.

I hope you still have your special chair while you're working. Nothing worse than those child size seats to do your back in.

Big hugs Susanne xxx
 
I've had similar pain and have spinal stenosis and two cervical bulging discs and two lumbar bulges. Over the last several years I have had a total of four epidural steroid injections that have helped immensely. My former rheumatologist told me to avoid them because they were painful, but I eventually ended up at a pain clinic and the doctor there said they weren't bad. I had a choice of being put out or being awake. Each time I had them, I was the only person there opting for no anesthesia. Honestly, the whole thing takes a few minutes and feels more like pressure, not pain. Really no big deal at all. Maybe those of us who have gone through joint replacements can handle the pain better? I say go for it! They have made a huge difference for me and weren't that big of a deal!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I also have severe stenosis at L4 as well as other spine issues. I had an epidural last November that did provide relief for quite awhile. The actual procedure, like LovesToRead said, was no big deal - discomfort for less than a minute! I'm scheduled for another one next month. actually looking forward to it for the relief from pain that it provides me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks for your info. I've had epidurals for sciatica before which really helped. Hardly any pain just a little stung. I made an appt with s new pain management dr. For my back issue is I believe it will help ... But I still get these painful leg and ankle cramps. Is the epi going to relieve my horrible crampy legs?
Have an appt next Friday. The neuro said other option is surgery. That's definitely not happening
Will keep you posted. Seeing surgeon Mon. Maybe he'll have another reason
Does it ever end
Now I realize how weak my once strong quads were. Once I sit down so hard to get up. Maybe I can travel in a portable bed!!!
❤️❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom