TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

@Josephine. Yes. That's the spot. Feels like a cattle prod


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Okay, I finally got something I can work with! What fun we've had getting there!

That looks to me like it could be a hamstring and/or quads muscle spasm which a chiropractor should be able to deal with. No idea what it is at the ankle though.
 
Thanks Josephine. Think I'll try the electric tens on calf. Not sure what chiropractor can do but I will give her a call. Just a little worried about the stabbing ankle pain
Will keep you posted
Again thanks for your help
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@joseohine. Just wanted your thoughts on this. Here in NY when I go to DDS have to take antibiotics. Going with my daughter to get matching mother daughter tattoos. Do you think I need antibiotics beforehand?
Thanks. Susanbe


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 
I'm retagging Jo for you as your tag didn't work..... @Josephine. These days with dental work, antibiotics are not required by most dentists. Some still adhere to the old studies where you need them for two years following surgery, but it is rare to find someone who feels it's necessary for life.

I'm assuming this same principle would apply to tatoos, but let's see what Jo says. The biggest issue would be to ensure the salon uses only sterile equipment and the environment is clean and sterile. This is something anyone getting a tatoo should insist on.
 
Jamie is correct. Just make sure your tattooist uses sterile needles and is clean. This has nothing to do with your knee replacement though, just plain commonsense!
 
Thank you ladies. Appreciate your help❤️


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 
Hi @susanne.
Had no alerts for about a month now.
Time marches on and most people who post now are right 'in the thick of it'. Our Class of 2014 have long since dismissed ourselves! I browse now and again partly for old times sake and partly from habit, but I saw your post today .....
Sorry to hear that you have such a nasty pain - and hope you can get relief soon.
Despite not posting, you have been in my thoughts over the last few weeks.

At risk of going 'off topic' I am currently sitting with Louie on my lap. Daughter and BF are in Amalfi. Poor little Louie has been very poorly with a UTI just after his neutering, so I am playing kitten nurse. He was in hospital for 3 nights, and needs building up and lots of cuddles. He seems on the mend. Daughter was frantic and wanted to cancel the holiday and so Mum to the rescue! Daughter says the worry has been such that she is scared to have children. I told her it is 1000 times worse! I have to Facetime Louie and give twice daily updates.

Hope you and the rest of the family are doing OK
Lots of love XXXX
 
Hope you have a great time with your daughter for Mothers Day. Will check back now and again for a picture of that tattoo (as long as it is inked in a place suitable for public viewing!) Perhaps you could have a series of tattoos on all your replaced bits eg, knee shoulder etc etc :rotfl:
Kitty looks lovely and content.
Louie is much better and beginning to get up to his old tricks. Daughter returns later today. I am fine. Knee is really good - and my hot tub is wonderful ....... even in UK weather. I do a few cursory hydro moves when hubby is looking, just to show willing and pretend that was the real reason I told him I so needed it. Snigger.

Must be difficult without your Mum - my Dad died 15 years ago this week and that ache never really goes away. Still, lots of memories and happy times to reminisce upon.

XXXX

PS - Still buying the Lottery tickets too!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming this same principle would apply to tatoos, but let's see what Jo says. The biggest issue would be to ensure the salon uses only sterile equipment and the environment is clean and sterile. This is something anyone getting a tatoo should insist on.
I would say the same thing about tattoos---we have a parlor down the road from us and they take great pains to ensure the fertility of the procedure---as long as your parlor does that, I would say that you are good to go.
 
Hi all. Everything went smooth as can be. My surgeon did recommend antibiotics beforehand
Mine on ankle Emily's on forearm. We designed this ourselves. It's a mother-daughter symbol made out of roses (my moms name) so she'll always be with me. Finished product. 4hrs later. Mine took forever because I kept moving and stretching. Had it done on hip side so couldn't get comfy. Glad I did it This is right after

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray



❤️❤️thanks for your support
 
So glad you have something not that it reminds you as you dont need help for that but its like she is with you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Lovely idea @susanne and a really pretty design. You are so brave, I have heard that inking where there is not much flesh (like your ankle) is more painful.
Take care and lots of love

XXXXX
 
Looks Great! I have long considered a tattoo, but can't decide on the design. It will probably be a single California poppy.
 
Definitely do it. Wasn't half as bad as I thought. Knee replacement much worse. If we can tolerate that we can tolerate anything. Now I have my mom and daughter with me always!
❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
So the burning pain across my right ankle continues ( hip replacement side). Tried icing, walking, heat, travels up to back of calf. No doctor has answer neuro keeps prescribing meds nothing works. Don't know who also to go to. Have been drinking quinine water, tried magnesium, potassium, and vitamin b6 At my wits end. Suggestions anyone. It's not a cramp it's more of a hot seething rod like poker feeling across top of ankle!! Help!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 
So pretty. Xxxx. Hope your doing well.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
What does the x ray of your ankle look like?
Sorry you are having these symptoms, hope you find something to help.
 
@Pumpkln. Never thought of an X-ray. Will look into it!
Thanks for suggestion


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom