TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Me naaaaah just been about.that's all we all help ourselves in the end. Sorry susanne for chatting outwith your thread.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@nanamoon. Thanks for the translation. I'm kind of getting hang if some of these words
@Legin you can crash into my thread anytime. My thread is your thread!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@susanne you silly person giving me open invite gufffaw chortle cough.
Ok.right that chair is better over there and out with the.pink.stuff

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm done. Not going out until it's spring. It's so cold her with windchill factor -20. Mostly every school in this deep freeze is either having delayed openings or closed. But not the board of educationOPEN!!! Who would put preschools on a freezing cold bus. Well I guess I have to brave this horrible weather. I will be taking an oil can with me so my body parts won't freeze up. With love. The tin lady :(. :(.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well,heard from neuro yesterday. He said there showsb just a slight difference from the MRI I had 3 years ago more arthritis and some disc issues , again offering meds and PT . PT is out bc can't afford it, plus can do electric tens and the stretches at home and meds well not sure if I will get them refilled. Just a crutch knowing they are there if I need them. More interested in getting meds for sleep. I've been using my scarf as a temporarily sling at work, can't imagine what director would say if he saw my new get up, but I think it's helping a bit by not letting it hang so much. So to make a long story short has to be replaced!
Just don't know when or how I will manage financially. Story of my life 3 steps forward 2 steps back. My ltkr is actually feeling quite good. It's the other one that's starting to hurt. I've been using my cane walking thru parking lot as it's pretty icy, don't want repeat of last year. So I've been using elec tens and taping my knee and shoulder up. I'm ready for the games to begin linebacker anyone !
Every one else doing real good. Since we are such a superstitious family we want to make my mom and brother an upside down party next month. He will be 66 next day mom will be 99
Yes, not much of a guest list but can fill tables up with out friends plus daughter wants to come too.
Off to work in this bitter cold, would much rather stay tucked away in bed til the spring. It's just so freaking cold out. Yesterday with windchill -5!! My poor child, chicago was -20 with the wind chill factor. All schools closed!!!! She's interviewing at schools and some sound really good hoping something pans out for her. Her job with the family (GM of the chicago) will be over he got fired. He's now scouting for a new position,
Catch you all latter getting late for work as usual.
Be well everybody. Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know the 3 step 2 step all to well tiz the dance of life good for you girl being as ever possitive shining star you are. Heres hoping weather improves keep smiling
 
Hi @susanne, goodness it sounds cold there. It's fairly bright and sunny here, and still a very mild 10 C, but it will be very grey, cloudy and rainy later, so I've just been out for a walk. I'm now settled into my recliner with my leg elevated and ice applied to my knee.

Take care in that cold weather, try to keep warm, Lyn xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Susanne

Oh I'm so sorry about your shoulder. That was a wise move taping it up and putting it in a sling xx I was also sorry about the increase of your arthritis and disc issues. You must be in constant pain!

It's lovely to hear from you. Daughter took me to docs yesterday, he prescribed relaxant. Unbelievable the difference this has made. Even my pain levels are going down, TKR movement feels nearly normal. I pray now this is a way forward to normality. Brother in laws funeral on Jan 20th, I'm dreading it.

I love the idea of an upside down party 66 and 99, what a good idea xxx I hope you all have a great time x x x

I hope your daughter gets a job soon, she's a good girl xxx
 
Well first the good news my tkr knee feels really good. Maybe the cold weather is good. Who knows? My other knee not so great I just ordered on amazon some new arthritis vitamins and creams, had some real good and promising reviews but then again the old saying comes into mind if it's too good to be true it probably won't work or something like that. Now to work on shoulder, I've been doing some exercises, taping, elec tens, icy hot ice packs you name it. Nothing working, so I'm walking around holding my arm close to body...hope not too obvious at work. Esp when putting on coat can't get arms thru need a few hands to help. Going to see to internist tomorrow since the dr I loved moved about 1 hr away. So time to find new one, neuro prescribed new meds since the tramadol and cymbalta do nothing . I hate wasting money in scripts but I'll keep trying some until he gets it right, just looking forward to my pain management dr in February. That should be the winner. Hopefully he will be able to figure out all these pains from back to neck.
Hope everyone is feeling good seems from reading posts lots of people doing better
Love and sleep well......I'm sure I'll be up around 3 am USA time and of course have work tomorrow ...ugh!!!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello my comrades in arms, hips and knees. It's been a year today that I have had my knee replaced. Which also marks about the same time I found bone smart,
All in all this recovery has been the most awful one I ever experienced. I would rather have given birth to 20 babies, Even though they ( whoever they are) say time heals all wounds I don't think it has anything to do with body parts. I'm not saying it wasn't easy I have pictures and memories of all the surgeries I went thru over the past 7 years and believe me it was not good. When I look back over these years sometimes I forget that I had my hips done twice and even with my shoulder. Then all if a sudden, This week I woke up and my knee felt great ( knock wood) I couldn't believe it. Nothing. Didn't even think twice about walking up and down stairs, at work or home. Still can't believe it,
now if only my shoulder and back felt the same. I purchased some new homeopathic creams for arthritis relief. Will keep you posted if it works or not.
So all you newbies, with knees and hips replaced. It eventually does get better!!!
Thank you my bs friends for all you have don't for me, whether it be advice about pain, meds or just letting me vent about my life. You are all a godsend.
P.s. I'm not going anywhere. Will still be on site checking in on all of you...Maybe we can get a shoulder replacement forum on this site too...
Love and so appreciate everyone's kindness.
Susanne....
Ps still buying lottery tickets. You never know!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
16??? Ugh. I meant it more in terms if having that many at one time. Babies vs knee weigh it out


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Chortles @susanne we were only joking with.you. I know.what you meant. Well I.don't having never had a baby strangely enough. I did have a.cold. oh and stubbed my toe. Sorry susanne I'm in a silly mood. Good though the knee.finally feels ok I do feel ffor you and your shoulder. I have trouble with mine I fell down a big drop which I knew was there but wasn't watching.where I was going. Tad like Wiley old Cyotte suspended in mid air then whoooosh. Anyway I digress hope you are ok and rant anytime you like lass.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Happy aknneeversary @susanne, I'm glad it's behaving itself, even if nothing else is.
Good news about your daughters job, that's one less thing to worry about. Xxxx. Lyn
 
Read post. Wow;) Hope all is well.

Ky sucks lol. Wv is better.

That's a great feild you work in.

My foster sis is a teacher.

Good luck.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom