TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Hi @susanne, I usually glimpse you in Nana moon 27's thread and happened upon your for the same reason. I too woke up for the same reason. Knee aching... I think I did too much walking yesterday evening. Had to get up and ice knee and take a pain medication. Hope you're feeling better soon.
 
I vote for stay on WC forever. Lol. Too bad about your school. Just another job unfortunately not treating Teachers the way they should be.

Your brother is too funny. I laugh whenever you write about him.

Hope your knee feels better - and you too @chestnc!

Xoxo
 
@jozilia. I like the way you think. I wonder how long I can take July will be 6 months when I see surgeon
Today a miserable rainy windy day
Here's the flower of the day
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Good focal point to stare out when in pain!!
Hope everyone is doing good


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you. Just wish I could bend down lower to get a better angle


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I love gardening for Mother's day, my boys bought me a planter and a certificate to provide free gardening for me all summer :flwrysmile:
 
@71Beetle. When my daughter and I moved here 22 yrs ago each spring we got on our knees and planted flowers after awhile which I thought was beautiful flowers growing all over my neighbor complained that it was too overgrown and an eye sore. I told him if I had body parts that worked id make it better. He called maintenance and they ripped out my beautiful flowers all those memories and put down grass,,,needless to say never said 2 words to him after that, and thankfully they sold their unit and are gone! So now I stick planters in the area bc I don't have my planting buddy I just stick in a planter and buy flowers. It brightens up the place a bit.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
my neighbor complained that it was too overgrown and an eye sore.
Sounds like some of my neighbors - they want everything so manicured and squared off and perfect that it looks like the "Stepford" neighborhood. I like plants to look natural and lush so I'm sure I'd have loved your flowers. Well, planters are easier.
 
Thank you. Thought of it as a lovely English wild garden. But guess it doesn't work here in the states.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Never mind, at least planters are portable and you can take your flowers with you, if you move!
 
Hi Susanne,

I had my RTKR the same day as you but didn't find this great site until last Friday!
I would be happy to compare notes on our progress - I will be posting my own recovery diary over the next few days, if I can find the time.

Mike
 
Hi @susanne - how's it going?
Thanks for the dryer tip - will bear that in mind, but once my clothes steamer is delivered next week and up and running there will be no holding me ..... pristine and pressed. Yay!
Loved the pic of the doggy on Nana Moons site - so cute.
We have had decent weather here in London for the last few days but I am unable to use the lounger beds as I will be unable to get up again, dare not use the hammocks (potential comedy moment there) and husband has placed the 'sensible seating' under the trees in the shade ..... no comment. So although we have had lovely weather I cannot say I have really appreciated it to the full. It will rain again tomorrow ..... good weather over for a while.
At long last I have news on my camera, it was a manufacturing error (I've had the thing 6 years) and they no longer make the part nor the same model. They have offered another camera foc. I've said yes as there is no alternative, but it remains to be seen if I like it as much. If I don't, that can be a spare and I will invest in a new one.
I was disgusted at your neighbours actions with the flowers you and your daughter planted. There are some really awful people out there. If you get bored, have a look on my thread and see the pics of what my daughters neighbours did to her garden (it is on a fairly recent page) - unbelievable!

Hope your weekend is going well and your knee is behaving

ChrisXX
 
@IrishMike. Looking forward to hearing about your knee. I guess I'm not too busy at all


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi all my koffee klutche friends beautiful weather today. So while you all are galavanting to the south of France, Wales, caravaning etc I ventured 4 towns over to the duck pond. Yes a duck pond. Haven't been there since the 1970s when we were allowed to bring dogs to parks. There is a beautiful gazebo where you would see many brides posing for their wedding pictures....until the day we went there, my friend and I on a somewhat muddy duck poo but sunny day. Well, since our dogs were so overly friendly and of course wanted to see bride, yup you guessed it a dog paw wedding gown. Thankfully the bride was a dog lover and just washed the muddy prints off. Needless to say we didn't go back for awhile...years...now no dogs allowed anywhere!
So the point of the story is the gazebo still there, the ducks still there but fences everywhere.
I sat and read my book, took some photos and when the ducks came too close I knew it was time to go home.
Knee getting better but still having sharp pains at night. Spoke to the PA at surgeons offing who said normal.
Hope everyone has or had a great pain free day with no accidents @ nanamoon that's for you!
Enjoy the pics
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi everybody, went to school yesterday to fill out forms. They changed insurance companies and we now have to pay into plan. Guess we were all so lucky not having to pay anything the last 23 years. Of course the first thing I look up is my surgeon, then remembered it doesn't matter Workmans comp for both hip and knee. Whether here has been on and off rainy, cloudy and my body parts are not too happy. Everything hurts....went to visit mom today brought her pizza her aide a salad and me a fattening mocha frappachino from Starbucks. Guess who drank most if the coffee. Mom was a happy camper enjoyed all her treats. The prince ( my brother ) finally got a good report from surgeon about his shoulder.. Infection clearing up and he won't have to have any more surgeries. I guess that means he's able to walk ( inside joke) again.
Have gotten medical clearance to return 2 days 2 hrs with my homecare girl. Extra money but some deductions from the comp board...think I need to do more things than just taking pictures
My new mission if u can bend is to paint 2 antique dressers either a greenish or blueish color. Saw on Pinterest and got my head spinning, I know it's a no no to paint old furniture but i feel everything is so dreary in the room. Need to brighten it up a bit. If your on the Pinterest web page ( who isn't) it has a whole section on painting furniture. If you see it let me know what you all think. Need some ideas and incentives
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
 
Hi @susanne - how's it going? Glad your Mum enjoyed her treats and that your brother is fast on the way to recovery (he only has a brief window of opportunity for sympathy now!)
Not sure if you read on one of my many flippant posts yesterday that not only has the steamer arrived but also my replacement camera. I don't like it as much as my old one but at least it was free. Battery has charged overnight and I am going to have a play with it today ..... as well as set up my clothes steamer. It was very busy with deliveries yesterday!
Hmmmm ...... painting furniture. My limited experience would offer the following advice:
1. Don't paint anything that you really treasure just in case you mess up.
2. Do tons of prep and then do some more
3. It will take far more paint than you imagine, so get plenty. Furniture is full of nooks and crannies, and hidden bits that will still need painting.
4. Don't be tempted to splash it on - build up layers. It takes time ...
5. Be prepared for a smelly painty room where you are working.

Back in the day I painted 2 wardrobes. I have painted kitchen chairs, and just recently painted a nest of tables for my daughter (pre TKR). I wanted a bright red shiny finish and thought I would take a short cut and use spray paint. This was not a good move. After the first coat I gave up, painted it in gloss paint and used the spray as the final top coat. Thankfully they turned out beautifully - and I inset a vintage collage under the glass tops.

I regularly play with furniture by covering it in decoupage (you may have seen the pics on NM27s page a while back). I buy the furniture cheap on eBay etc - often it will be old and abused furniture - but I have bought several pieces cheaply that have been where people have tried to do an upcycle paint job and it has gone horribly wrong.

Hope this helps

XX
 
@dogwheels. Yes thanks for advice. They say to use chalk paint. Never heard of it. Since I'm not attached to the furniture as someone gave it to me. The worse thing that can happen is I toss it out and leave my clothes in a box on the floor. Ever time I look at the painted furniture I get more determined I might even leave the top as is and paint just the drawers etc....
I think I just need a new project. What kind of canon did you get. That's what I use or my little tiny Pentax Enjoy picture taking. Can't wait to see what you see.
Feel good


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne - ah yes the infamous Annie Sloan Chalk Paint! Goes on everything without prep, low smell ...... Rust-oleum also do a Chalky Finish Furniture Paint - same thing, goes on thick no prep, low smell.
Depending on what sort of look you want, you could always get a bit of glass cut for the top and put a piece of beautiful wall paper, fabric or a poster or a collage of something under it?? How exciting!
I spend half my life dreaming on Pinterest ..... I have followed some ideas from there and they have been amazingly good.

I'm no photography expert and hate toting a huge thing complete with lenses around with me. I like the point and shoot IXUS - its small and simple just like me! This will be my 4th and they have served me very well over the years. My previous ones have produced some really good pics even though they are nothing clever. I'll just have to see how this one goes. The fact that it just pops in my handbag means that I usually have it with me at all times, so we will see what gives once I give it a whirl.

Take care
X
 
@dogwheels, love that idea with the glass and wallpaper. New project !!! I'm on a new mission
Thanks


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi coffee gals. Tomorrow I see my Workmans comp dr. These visits usually last a total of 3 mins and hopefully will agree with my surgeon not ready for work yet....yes this is what I want to hear. Speaking of hear today my mom is finally agreeing to get a hearing test because a) it's free and b) told her I would do it too. Conversations go like this. Me: mom I'm going to the pool. Mom: you're going for some food....ok at 98 she is so stubborn has all her faculties and of course refuses to pay for an expensive hearing aide...so i guess our conversations will continue to be one of many "what's " It's 82 degrees here and weathermen expecting bad weather this afternoon
Off to moms. Will chat more tomorrow after I see dr...hope everyone has a good day
Xo
Flower of the day
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Enjoy


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom