TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Thanks everyone the problem is I can't log in! I give up. I can write and answer from here, but if I go on the last page of my thread there is no place to write and can't get logged in.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart

Are you sure about this? It sounds like you already are logged in and that's why you get an error message when you try to log in again.

I think you are taking the lack of a text box at the bottom of the screen to mean that you aren't logged in. I don't think that is necessarily the case. On one of my mobile devices, when I read the forum with an app, I don't get a text box either. I'm still logged in, there's just no text box.

I have to click on a previous comment to get a little menu. One of the options in that menu is "reply". I click on that to get a text box to type my comment in.

This sounds similar to what you are seeing. If so, it's not a problem; it's just how the app works. You aren't being logged out, so there's no need to try to log in again. You aren't "going through" someone else's comment and you are not directly interacting with the person whose comment you've tapped on to get to the text box. You're just posting via the app.

If you don't like the app or are uncomfortable with how it works, there's always the option of reading the forum through the browser on your mobile device. Then it will look more like what you're used to seeing.
 
Thanks again everyone for your help I am using iPad. I tried again thru google to get the app but got right back to where I started. As I said can get in my first page of thread but where it says log in. I log in and it keeps coming back with the error message. It's all good I'm fine with it.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
You don't have to use an app. You can open the browser on your device. Go to https://bonesmart.org/forum. That will take you to the forum and it will look similar to how it looks on a PC. Have you tried that? Does this same problem occur then?
 
Yes and yes. It's really ok everybody. I fine with it like this :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Really? It doesn't appear that you've posted via the website in the last month. Your recent comments seem to be coming from the app. Maybe it would be worth giving the website another try.
 
@alexthecat. I deleted bones app from my iPad and re did it from google. Still same issue. Im still not able to write on my LAST page. I have no idea where I'm writing now. The mystery continues.......thanks susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @susanne - I posted this a while ago, but feel the need to post it again on your thread ......... XX

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
 
@alexthecat. I deleted bones app from my iPad and re did it from google. Still same issue. Im still not able to write on my LAST page. I have no idea where I'm writing now. The mystery continues.......thanks susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
The last page is exactly where this post ended up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@alexthecat. I deleted bones app from my iPad and re did it from google.

That's not what I'm asking. My question is have you tried using the website instead of the app, so let's forget about the app for a minute.

You have an internet browser (such as Safari or Chrome) that you would use to look at websites, right? What happens if you open that browser and go to https://bonesmart.org/forum ? That's the website for the forum. You log in just like you do from a personal computer. Are you able to post normally then?
 
@alexthecat I think her confusion comes from the fact that using the browser when you reply you can see the all of the previous posts. It is easy to see that you are at the end of the thread. In the app when you reply you lose sight of all of the previous posts and all you have is essentially a blank page to type on. Being the latest post it will always end up at the bottom of the thread.
 
Yes, I agree. That is why I (along with Jamie and Celle) have been trying to steer her toward using her browser. We think that would be a less confusing interface for her.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's not what I'm asking. My question is have you tried using the website instead of the app, so let's forget about the app for a minute.

You have an internet browser (such as Safari or Chrome) that you would use to look at websites, right? What happens if you open that browser and go to https://bonesmart.org/forum ? That's the website for the forum. You log in just like you do from a personal computer. Are you able to post normally then?



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@alexthecat yes I redid using google like I said I can't log in. Keeps coming up as error
I'm fine with it really


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're still talking about the app. I really think you would do better with the browser. Do you know how to open Safari and type in an address? That's all I'm suggesting. I also gave you a link that you could tap on or copy to get there automatically.
 
Why do you keep using google? People (including me) have given you the link to the web site. Do you have a browser? Open the browser.
Do you know how to click on a link to the web site? If so, click on this:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/knee-replacement-recovery-area.9/
That will take you direct to the site for knee replacement recovery. Scroll down the page (lots of threads are listed) until you get to your thread. There's no need to sign in.

Alternatively, just click on this link:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/susanne-is-3-months-out.23929/page-20
It will take you direct to the last page of your own thread.
Go down to the bottom of the page, where you will find an empty box. You type in there.
 
There is No empty box!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's because you are STILL using the app. The box you are looking for does not exist in the app.

This is all a lot less complicated than it seems. Do you know someone, perhaps a child or grandchild, with more computer experience who can show you how to use the Bonesmart app and/or your browser to access the forum?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
I use Mozilla Firefox and have the Bonesmart Website bookmarked---it take me right to that---can you use Firefox? Can you bookmark the website/forum?
 
@alexthecat. Your comment made me really laugh. A child in the house!! If I was at wk my special ed pre schoolers could probably do it for me. So no. No kids around but it is a great idea.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom