TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Ps. I always used it this way that is until I updated my iPad lost everything


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

This is the signature for the app. It has only appeared on your posts for about the last month... Around the time you started complaining about accessing the forum. Before that, you did not have that signature because you were using the browser. If you want the forum to look the way it did before, you need to go back to the browser.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@alexthecat. Yes I just noticed that it no longer uses my name but email. Don't know how that happened. I tried going in thru safari but it takes me back to the page where it says you need to log in. Again it's just a vicious cycle


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@susanne
Since you still seem to be able to post, no matter how you are doing it, keep doing it as you are.

How is your knee anyway?
 
@Celle. I will. How's my knee doing. Finally a question not about my thread
Well, knee doing. Still at almost 4 months out feels like a tight band around it and feels like it's going down front of my leg... Could be from stress?? Riding my stationary bike 15 mins a day since Wkmans comp cut off my PT sessions. Also walking a lot. Problem I have getting up from sitting position. ( also had same hip replaced 2x and shoulder replaced) quads still weak, and when walking too much or too far knee hurts. Not back at work yet. I'm a special ed pre school teacher 3-5 yr olds. I now do coverage which means I'm in all 8 classes 60 kids total. Can't imagine going to playground everyday for 2-3 1/2 hr periods, sitting, standing and making sure no one gets hurts. Knowing my luck I'll get rammed with a tricycle which wouldn't be the first time. Have to see Wkmans comp dr end if may. And my surgeon end if July to get any kind of medical clearance. Retirement or soc sec disability looking good .....
A little nervous going back Thanks for asking


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne :flwrysmile:
That tight band feeling does take a long time to go. Josephine says tightness is one way you feel pain. Knee replacement is such a huge operation that it seems reasonable to me that we still feel some discomfort for months afterwards.

The tight rubber band feeling does go away, but very gradually. It's over 2 years since I had my knee replaced, and I still get that feeling first thing in the morning, or if I have been sitting in one position for too long. It soon goes once I start moving around. Nowadays, I just ignore it, because I know the knee itself is doing fine.
 
Thanks for the advice. Something to look forward to. :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello @susanne - I'm not going to say anything about logging in either, as I am totally and absolutely computer illiterate.

You are about 2 weeks ahead of me date wise in recovery, but having to re-do the first 6 weeks to reinstate my bend after the problem I had, comparisons are probably a bit futile.
However, what I wanted to say was that for my first 6 weeks post op, I had no problems starting up from stationary, from either chair or bed. But I was doing all sorts of exercises then, for both bend and strength. This time round - because they wouldn't let me do any strengthening exercises for 6/7 weeks for fear of loading a delicate knee - now that it is bending reasonably I have trouble getting going when I have been sitting or laying down. I'm convinced that it is a strength issue and hoping that now I am allowed to do the strengthening type stuff (normal stair climbing / practising controlled sitting and standing whilst putting more weight through the operated leg/ balancing on operated leg) this will improve. So perhaps its the same for you?

I think you are right in avoiding school and playground duty, those tricycles hurtling around sound lethal. Today, I found myself protecting my leg with the large bag of rubbish I was taking outside when my neighbours huge and boisterous dog wanted to come and play!

Anyway, hope you have a good weekend - and mind those rugs!
XX
 
@ dogwheels, well surprised the girls and3 guys at work today. Popped in at the right time...teacher appreciation week. Boss had my favorite carrot cake and this huge chocolate cake with large pieces of shaved chocolate on the sides. Need I say more?? My boss who after 22 years is also friend kept telling me that I'm not ready to come back. Not safe. You'd think she's trying to tell me something?? Found out from Workmans comp that I can resume a few hrs a week with my private case load. 1 9 year old autistic child since I won't be going up stairs, and not working with 60 kids. So now I can get out of house for 2 hrs 2x day and make a little extra chump change.
Just got home from mani pedi and dinner with the girls
Hope you're feeling good
Sleep tight. Now if I can just get up after writing this message I'll be happy
X susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy Mother's Day to all you HIP and knee moms, aunts grandmas fathers and uncles. We wouldn't be who we are today if it wasn't for your love and encouragement each and every day
ENJOY


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Saw this off the road and had to stop to shoot some pictures.
 
Wow! @susanne - what beautiful pictures. That blossom is just amazing.
Every time I see lovely photos on here I keep hoping that Canon will manage to fix my camera, they have had it a while now :sad:. If not I will have to start investigating a new one as they do not make the same model anymore. Its nothing clever but I really like it and the pics it takes.
Happy Mothers Day to you - us Mums in the UK have already had our Mothers Day. Ours is in March.
Glad you enjoyed your cake at school. I am trying to shed some lbs caused by sitting on my **** and doing very little for weeks. I am trying to put all thoughts of cake at the back of my mind ........
Take care and talk again soon
ChrisX
 
Thank you. @dogwheels. Thought you already brought your camera in for fixing. I just keep buying new ones.... Well Mother's Day came and went. My sister and I took my mom(98) for picnic and then schlepped her shopping in her wheelchair cause it's easier for her, for 2 hrs. She actually bought 2 outfits and shoes....just hoping she won't return them bc if she does I hid receipt. She refuses to wear anything but my sisters hand me downs..
My daughters road trip back to chicago ended In her safe return. She drive 3 days with her friend and her pit bull. Hopefully will be flying to SE her end of June.
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend....I'm sure you all are tucked in and sleeping by now
Sleep tight sweet dreams
Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
So I'm 14 months out. Got the ok from Workmans comp that I can resume my private practice case on a part time basis 2 days a week . That's 4 hrs not too bad. Reason is I can do this is that there are no stairs, elevator building and sitting at dining room table with 1. 9 year old as opposed to 60 3-5 yr old emotionally disturbed kids. At least will have a little more money coming in, so not wanting to go back. One of the only reasons is health insurance. When I went to visit last fri everyone was so miserable not a happy soul in the whole lot. Very depressing to go back to a job with that kind of environment, so I'm seriously thinking of just doing private work and try and pick up around 5 more hrs a day. My friend is insisting I have nothing to lose as she will split some of her cases with me. Tough decision. Do I leave job safety of 22 years and be miserable with nothing when I can retire ( my school is private) or put caution to the wind and move on. Just feel like maybe I'm too old??? Anyway if it's one thing I'm bad at is making a decision. I even have trouble ordering in restaurants.
Anyway knee doing ok. Still burning hot to touch at night and at times tingly and some stabbing pains every now and then.....
Sleep tight everyone hope you all had a good day
Xo


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Susanne - that is an awfully hard decision to make. Let your heart lead you to your decision. Happiness is important at this stage in our lives. Xoxoxo
 
@ jozillia just found out from go worker that the school is changing insurance companies and are now having us pay into plan. Plus no cost of living raise again. Funny they have money to buy smart tables, ( $30,000 which no one knows how to use) iPads for
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
every classroom, garden for the school with underground sprinkler system but have no thought of how hard we work with these children. It's just a money game.....leaning more towards leaving. Spoke with the agency I work for and requested more hrs for sept. I still have until July to go back to work. With all my body parts replaced not sure if I can do it anymore. Maybe I can just stay in Workmans comp forever????
Brothers leaving hospital with port for antibiotics. His highness is requesting a visit from my mom. Don't understand why he can't come to her,,,,he had 2 good legs!! Men!
Anyway knee hurting bad today. So stiff and tight with some stabbing pain for good measure. Guess it's back to ice and elevate for me
Hope everyone has a good and somewhat pain free night
X
The flower picture of the day. Enjoy


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's 2:30 am why am I still up? Because my knee is on fire ! Hot to touch. Keep icing but I'm so hot in my apt melting too fast....guess I'll just finish reading my book


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom