TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

I've tried that but can't understand it. So computer savvy. I'll just keep doing it this way until I have the energy to try again


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Still can't do it. I give up!!!
Daughter just left after spending the week. Heart is heavy. It was quite an expensive week, since all we did was shop for clothes, I actually went into the city for a happy hour with her friends. Some of which she had since nursery school...she had me going every day. Did so much driving paying for it now. Knee is still burning hot at night. Anyone else have that problem?? Going to surgeon next week for my 3 month ck up with my list. Which seems to be getting longer each day.
Since the family accident tues. Mom is fine of course women are soo strong. My brother broke his arm in 2 places and just missed fracturing his cheek. Oh boy. I feel worse for my sister in law who has to run up and down steps every time he bellows. My brother is a writer, one if the leading authorities on Abraham Lincoln in country and all he's worried about is his next speaking gig ( don't think that's happening unless he's in a boxing rink). And busy editing his 38th book
Hope everyone has a great holiday. And all my girls are feeling good ,, :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Hi @susanne - glad you have had a great time with your daughter - but sad for you that she has returned home now - you feel as if a bit of you is missing when they leave, don't you? Still it sounds as if you had a great time even if it blew the budget and your knee! Must have been nice though to forget about aches and pains and just enjoy being with her.
Glad your Mum has not suffered too badly from her little accident, even if your brother has come off less well.

Well it has been a rather lazy and sleepy Good Friday for us. Daughter and current BF came round for coffee and rather too many Hot x Buns! She bought us a lovely wooden serving platter with a glass dome, and filled it with iced cakes she had made with purple fluffy chicks on top. I'm surprised she had time as she has had a dire week at work. Nothing much planned for the Easter weekend as the weather has turned chilly and rain is scheduled. Off to visit my old Mum tomorrow and then either Sunday or Monday I am going to take my car for a quick spin to see if I am safe to be allowed back on the roads! OS said he was happy to approve me to drive at 6 weeks, but that was before this setback. PT said not to drive while I was uncomfortable sitting in the car, but now I can sit OK and as I have an Automatic and a LTKR, I should be fine. A bit of freedom at last.

My knee is certainly is warmer at night, but only in certain places - not all over. Weird! In fact in this whole 2nd recovery of bend, my knee has felt and behaved completely differently to the first time round. Oh well que sera sera.

Have a great weekend, and hope your knee doesn't complain too much from overuse - but in any case, I expect it was worth it.

Take care
X
 
@dogwheels. The guilt my mother has. Thinks it was all her fault. She's so worried about #1 son. Not so much me or my sister. Got up at 5 am to drive my daughter to airport. Sobbing on way home. Guess I'll be going to chicago soon....can't believe once I get used to her here off she goes. Best part she slept in my bed every night like she did when she was younger. Love that special bonding time. So I've been thinking. Can I cross my legs?? I'm so used to crossing when I sit, but because of my right hip replacements could never cross right leg over left. Now that my left knee has been replaced can I cross it over. Knee acting up a little. Weird pains on outer side of knee going up my thigh. Normal??? My list is getting longer for my surgeons 3 month check up next week.. Still wondering when I should return to work. Really enjoy being home too much!!! I guess I'll wait to see what dr has to say
Hope everyone has a good night. Happy holiday weekend to everybody too


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Hi Susanne - do you have an Italian mother. Sure sounds like one (mine) or my grandmother who was even worse! The son's could do no wrong and were always protected. I have three years left of work but would retire in a heartbeat if I could. I enjoy all my home time and never find it boring. I do have to say if my job was physical I don't believe I could do it. Standing bending and moving a lot would he very difficult for me. That's not counting the fatigue. So stay out as long as you are able!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
@ Jozilla. Nothing worse than a Jewish mother and her son.... I'm still on Workmans comp because I fell in the parking lot at wk 3 yrs ago which resulted in the new knee. I teach sp ed preschoolers and see a child privately. Don't know what I'm going to do!! Just know I love not working. Is that so very terrible???


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
So. What's the verdict my friends to cross or not to cross that's what my knee is asking...?.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
I don't know if there are any restrictions with your hip but I have been crossing my legs since I was about four months out. I was told not to and could not have the first few months. I also bend and sit on my unoperated knee. It's the way I have always sat and do it without thinking.

BTW if I were on workman comp I would just stay out - then retire. Especially if i was not 100 prercent. It is a physical job too! But again I would enjoy being home.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ jozilla. I like the way you think!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
I just don't get it. Thought walking was supposed to be so good. Well, walked a lot today at park. Such a beautiful day. Now my log leg is back stiff and hot to touch..icing and elevating. Thought I would be done with this by now. Drs appt Thursday but taking pictures best medicine.
Have a good night everybody

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray


[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Well it's 4 am ny time. Why am I up you ask? Can't stop scratching. Could it be from the oxi??
Comments anybody!



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
@nanamoon. Where have you been. Don't see any post lately. I hope everything is ok with you
X susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Good morning @susanne - lovely photos! I still haven't sent my camera away to be fixed and am beginning to suffer withdrawal symptoms. I just cant get the hang of taking good pics on my iphone which is all I am left with at present.

Nana moon is in Wales in her caravan with no wifi signal, she has to trudge about to try and pick up 3G which is why her posts are few and far between. I think she said she will be back on 25th April.
I always crossed my legs when sitting, but have been positively angelic :angel:since the TKR and have not done it once. I was told not to and I have done as I was told, probably due to thinking something will go wrong again if I do.

I have no idea why you are itchy my friend ...... the only itchy thing I have had was the pesky scar. Once the PT attacked it, it was much better. Oh, and I had a little bout of the numb bit to the side of the scar itching, which of course I couldn't scratch because I couldn't feel it. Stupid TKR!!! Perhaps it is your meds? Another question for your doctor ....

Sorry your walking caused a swollen flare up - goodness knows what will happen when I start walking about for a reasonable length of time. PT wont let me overdo at the moment in the 'strengthening and walking' department and it is SO boring. Daughter will take me to the proper shops (ie department stores/clothes shops etc) for a short while on Saturday or Sunday, if and only if the PT allows it. I really hope she does. Later today I am going to attempt an escape and take my car out for a brief drive for the first time. I had just got the OS's OK to do this at 6 weeks post op, then everything went wrong and I could hardly sit in the car, let alone drive it. If all goes well I will take myself to PT tomorrow. Independence beckons .......

Enjoy your day whatever you end up doing and hope the knee behaves.
X
 
@susanne - pictures are beautiful. Your walk sounded great. Beautiful sunny day. I cannot walk very long. My tkr knee will hurt a little but my other knee kills me. Just not brave enough to operate again so soon - but will in September.

@dogwheels Hope you have fun driving! Yes it does feel good having that independence. You sound like you are making good progress now! Good for you!!

Everyone have a great day - miss you too @nanamoon27. Hope you are having fun - it's the best medicine.

Xoxo JoAnne


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Hi everyone. Sorry still can't log into my thread, so I'm jumping into everyone else's to say hi
Hope everyone is doing well and their knees are behaving themselves


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
@Josephine by going thru someone else's. I can't log in. Keeps coming up as error and when I try and send message about it again I get the oops error mesage over and over again


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Hi everyone. Saw surgeon today for my 3 month check up. He was extremely happy with my range of motion.. On,y problem is still the extreme tightness like band around knee and pain from outside upper thigh to knee. Which the PA said was all normal. Unfortunately still cannot return to work yet. Having trouble getting up and gown from seated position which is not good when running (I wish) after kids especially in playground. He suggested another 3 months off till next visit. Can u see my sad facer the one of happiness.... Also will have an extension on my PT to strengthen quad muscles which are still weak.. Still using cane as at times I feel my knee buckling which is a little scary without my cane. So now I will bejewel it so it will look pretty in the summer. Next check up 3 months. A little nervous telling my job this news but....if they salted parking lot this never would have happened. So getting just a little stir crazy I bought this cool cotton wool to make a scarf. And I just finished a 775 page book called Goldfinch very good,but very emotionally disturbing only took me 2 months to read. Anybody have any suggestions for a book. Maybe we can start a bone smart book club?? Any takers? The only problem I have is even though I love to read I can never remember what I read. Not so good for a book club :(
Hope everyone is doing and feeling well. Have a great night everybody
It's 6 pm here. Still bright and sunny. Love spring!!
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Some pictures I took while getting lost on Long Island
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Hi @susanne, what lovely pictures! I also love spring, we've finished the 'yellow' period in the garden with the daffodils and forsythia, and are now in the 'blue' period, with the lilac and the bluebells, it is all so pretty. There is blossom everywhere, it just gives hope after a cold, wet winter.
I love the idea of a Bonesmart book club, I think I checked out the social area a while back, and there was a book club post, but it wasn't very visited. I have recently read 'Life after Life' by Kate Atkinson, and I really enjoyed it. Another recent read, whilst I've been recovering, is 'Cloud Atlas' by David Mitchell, very long, very strange, but an excellent read.
Bad news about not returning to work (not) :dancy:. You must be so upset :sad:. To be given another three months is incredible, make the most of it and relax - how wonderful!
 
Hi everyone. Sorry still can't log into my thread, so I'm jumping into everyone else's to say hi
Hope everyone is doing well and their knees are behaving themselves


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart

Hi @susanne
I don't understand why you keep saying that you can't log in to your thread. Once you are logged in to BoneSmart (which you obviously are, or you wouldn't be able to post at all) you don't have to log in again in order to be able to post in your thread. You have been posting in your thread all this time.

One more thing, I see that you have tried to tag a few people, but it hasn't been successful. that's because you are leaving a space between the @ sign and their user name - like this @ susanne - but if you don't leave a space, they will be tagged - like this @susanne .

I hope this helps.

By the way, your photos are lovely! :flwrysmile:

Have you tried the books in the Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon? They're a good read and there are 7 in the series, if you get hooked on them.
 
Back
Top Bottom