Guest viewing is limited

TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshawn Lynch absolute beast..Never been a Harbaugh fan because I went to ND and he is a Michigan guy. Pete Carroll obviously getting it done this time around in the NFL. I am a Bears fan..Jay Cutler??? Uggghhh
Regarding Tylenol: 3 grams/day max. Most of the major liver damage from Tylenol comes with big dosages and not as much cumulative over time. The other issue is many people consume alcohol while taking Tylenol. That and other liver toxic meds cause issues synergistically. Stay below 3grams/day and you will be ok
 
Thank you @braindoc. I appreciate your input. My GFs cousin started up at ND. last year. Hes a geeky redneck from Cazadero , out in the sticks but the kid is brilliant 4.25 political and engineering aspirations. He took the train to Indiana. 4H and all that stuff. @RickSt, hey my friend, hope all is well. I feel real good today. I took the SUV out for a ride to Safeway, my local supermarket. Got some much needed supplies. Mainly food. Its hard to eat healthy when my shelves are low. And I did stock up before the surgery. Last inhome PT as well. Oh, OS refilled my Tramodol. It was getting scary low. It really works for me 50 mg. 1 every 5 hours. Give the pooch a belly rub for me. BTW never did lay a brick, only the pudding. Those stool softeners really helped . @ Foxmyster1967. I couldnt wait , had to make a jailbreak to get food and to feel normal. My PT said my strength is unbelievable but my bend is abit dissapointing 75. Extension real good. I told her that I wasnt disappointed at all and that my knee is still mending and early on. We are still early on but very happy overall. Sleep still sucks, I watch tv till 3 am every night and wake up early for meds. @mcirish hey my friend . I know you got to be doing well . I took a shower this morning , got dressed , put shoes on and headed for Safeway only to be hit with the strongest rain ive seen in 2 years. So I went back inside , took off clothes and took a nap . Hours later made my break. Had a cup of coffee and apple fritter at Starbucks. Felt like a normal person for the first time since surgery. Wishing everyone a healthy and safe recovery.
 
@Karringtyn. Getting into the jeep Cherokee was the hardest part. 36 inch inseam not condusive especially with a tkr. Foot reflex and strength excellent. Only thing it was raining ! Plus the market Is less than 2 miles away. I got big feet so the peddles are no challange. Ive been doing tip toe exercises and pt cleared me and said I can drive . However knee very tight . Kind of like a old school ceramic doll feeling to it . Like my sisters old dolls back in the 70s. you know the kind. Are you drinking theraflu ?Be patient kid ! You got this !!
 
@Karringtyn. Getting into the jeep Cherokee was the hardest part. 36 inch inseam not condusive especially with a tkr. Foot reflex and strength excellent. Only thing it was raining ! Plus the market Is less than 2 miles away. I got big feet so the peddles are no challange. Ive been doing tip toe exercises and pt cleared me and said I can drive . However knee very tight . Kind of like a old school ceramic doll feeling to it . Like my sisters old dolls back in the 70s. you know the kind. Are you drinking theraflu ?Be patient kid ! You got this !!

What size shoes do you wear ? I'll bet I've got you beat there . I only wear a 32 inseam . My height is from my waist up . I've been riding in the back seat up until a couple of days ago . We have a 2011 Ford Flex Limited which is a huge car . My PT can't clear me to drive . She said that has to come from my OS and he usually allows it at 6 weeks . I see him the day after my 6 week anniversary .

Rick
 
@RickSt , yeah Rick you got me beat im only size 13 not a 16 like you and my inseam is probably technically a 35. if I buy a 34 inch inseam, after a few washings , they end up flooding. My legs are chicken legs . Genetics I guess. Helped with track and soccer and other sports. Not much going on today. Im not used to being home on weekends as im a butcher for over 20 years. Im beginning to feel alot this dependant on GF . My next mission is to go to the bank and to post office . Thats it . Ok Rick .hope your doing good .
 
Dougie Baldwin, I would love to hear it. I actually hope he leaves. He's on my FF team and his talent is wasting away in SEA.
@icep707

OK, time for the football update on your thread, Iceman. :heehee:

I agree with you on Baldwin @mcirish. Seahawks have so much depth there already, Baldwin is better off with another team.

And I called it on Sidney Rice being cut for Tate.:yes:
 
knee very tight . Kind of like a old school ceramic doll feeling
Interesting description; I knew exactly what you meant.

Glad to hear you are out and about! Driving does provide new found freedom.

Thanks for your updates. It helps alot of people to hear how you are doing and to compare that their recovery is similar and normal. Good job! :thumb:
 
@Elisea . Percy Harvin is a special player when healthy. I believe he played with Tebow in college. Sidney Rice is another often injured yet,over payed player. So kudos to you on the prediction of his departure. And Tate is very talented youngster. Interested in how much of a pay cut he will take. Now that one guy is gonna sue the NFL because os his suspensions over PEDs. Saint Wilson the QB is the reincarnation of Christ. I seen him on tv doing some interviews. Too bad his dad past away. His dad and mom raised him excellently. What a breath of freash air. Hopefully Sherman doesnt open his Stanford educated mouth too much this off season . I could go on @ on . Thanks for dropping by . Hope you are doing well . I couldnt be happier considering im going into week 3. Sleep almost non existent. Its not painful just uncomfortable. . Bye
 
3 weeks ago today , It about this time, I woke up in the recovery room . Time sure does fly when you are having fun . :happydance:im happy I can recover with fellow bonesmarties so i really appreciate all of you , progressing very well. Start OPT tomorrow. Energy drain is all that,!!!! just as advertised. lack of sleep!!!! just as advertised. I wanna share a milestone for me, the stairs, one of my bigger fears when i got home, now one foot per step . Alot of right hip but its a milestone. Stairs no problem . Well sunshine gone for the last 2 days .not cool. Makes me sad:boohoo: ok , hope everyone Is doing well and safe.
 
@icep707 wow, stairs already? That's pretty remarkable! My surgery was a bit different, but it took me a couple weeks longer to get to that point from what I remember. 9 weeks out since last Friday....I was at the gym over the weekend....30 mins on the recumbent L3, leg presses with 10 lbs. 3 set of 20.....one thing I would recommend is hitting the bike everyday when you get the green light, even for 10-15 mins per day. It's so good for helping with moving the fluid and swelling out of your joint and keeping the quads pumped a little, even when you are sore and don't feel like PT is beneficial. Good job Ice. Keep it up!
 
Glad you are done and on the mend.... It is an interesting ride!!!! We talked back in Dec. when I was about where you are now. Stairs are the tough one but great therapy too. Keep on keeping on!
 
Wow ice can't believe you are driving. Good to hear you are doing so well. I have kind of abandoned my thread cause they want dates and stuff I can't figure out. I am still on crutches for longer walks but independent in my house. Riding in the car was the most painful thing of this whole ordeal for me until I found the back seat. Lol. Went on a cruise last week so hubby would not have to cook and clean. We didn't do much but a lot of walking.
 
Thanks mcirish and .creeker. While my bend is not the best, my strengh is very good. When inhome therapy was here, they laughed at my strengh and wanted to focus on the bend. I have a stinky suspicion thats gonna happen tomorrow at my first OPT. I have a great exercise when coming down the stairs. I pause at each step and stretch the knee out and bend it back and forth . each step I do 10 reps. Im also on the CPM right now. Well all is really boring nowadays , nothing really to report. Just hope eveyone is doing well !! Hey Rick, hope you are doing well and not getting to bored. I can go out if I wont but dont feel like doing anything. Just want to elevate and watch tv. While lying down. No sleep ! Mcirish i am looking forward to the bicycle. That will help my bend . Got to get more lucky charms ! Creeker . I need to read your thread as lost contact . Hope all is well , best of luck
 
We went to Perkins tonight for dinner and I drove . It felt natural but I'm stiff getting out of the car . I'm not using my cane a lot in the house but it's always close by . I haven't taken any Tylenol since I went to bed last night . I do PT tomorrow . This week and next then I'm done .

Rick
 
Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way? is my thread although I am not there often as I am busy catching up things before I go back to work the middle of this month.... 4 months out!
I am doing great.... I did not think the second knee would go as well as the first but things have gone better and I have healed faster than after the first. I still have the off day if I do too much but it now takes little time to feel better.
Keep up the good work!
 
Icep707, Sherman spouting off today about the N word...he is a bright kid. Needs to reign it in a. It. The media will twist what they say. Golden Tate was a great receiver at Notre Dame. I am glad to see him succeed.
You are doing well. I can't wait to drive. I am going to drive around the neighborhood tomorrow and see how it goes. I hate being reliant on my wife to get to PT. She has enough to do without having to cart me around
 
Iceman.....fighter of the night man....! Funny thing about tramadol, it keeps me awake, like wide awake. I can't take it after 12p or I'll toss and turn. I take it tramadol is a non-issue for your zzzzz's?

You're doin great man, keep on keepin on!
 
@Josephine . Can Tramadol contribute to sleeplessness ? Ive read the mantra on lack of sleep and why, but dont recall if a certain medication can be a factor. ? ANYONE Im terriable at tagging people ! Can someone tag Josephine for me if my tag doesnt tag her. Thanks in advance :thankyou:
 
Just getting ready to go to my first PT, I'm driving myself there,I'm all good and calm had a wicked nights sleep hot bath I've got a nicotine patch on and a E-cig vapour I'm puffing on.....!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom