Guest viewing is limited

TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah ,scary huh ! 6ft 3in and 250 lbs to boot. What time does the race start tomorrow? Are you going be rooting someone on ? Or you just love the purity of the sport . I love football , basketball and baseball and have been following the mixed martial arts UFC from the very first fight some 18 years ago.


When I started my recovery I wanted to post the good , the bad and the ugly. As my recovery started ,I was startled, the the drugs numbed most of the pain. So that was the good , the bad ! oxy made me sick as a dog and got into a huge agruement over it ,to the point , she left me alone for 2 days , to venture upstairs all alone 14 stairs with no one home . To feed , **** and sponge bath myself literally at the end of week 1. To worry about my son , running the streets in a gang , finding out his 19 year old gang member buddy got assassinated , shot in the head, and to have no communication with my son at all for months. I worry so much. and Now ,everytime I get after resting .the pain wants to drop me to my knees. But I wont let it. Way too strong , I trained 25 years for this, always staying fit, Clean and sober 25 & 15 respectfully. And always having a gym membership . Im prepared for anything. The good ,the bad and the ugly. p.s. remember Rick , we are clowns , smiling on the outside but crying in the inside !! Tears of a clown
 
Been enjoying reading, thought I would share...had TLKR Feb 12, 2014, which was the first day of a 22 in snowfall (that much snow at once is fairly uncommon in my part of Virginia). I had the same nurses for 3 days, because they had to stay at the hospital. Didn't get as much PT as I was told I would in the hospital...probably because they were short-staffed. Was not sure I would get home on the 14th as the 4WD truck even got stuck in the driveway (we are on a pretty ragged private road) but hubby got the truck out and road plowed down...and it was a long bumpy ride home. Retired to my 'woman cave' with TV, recliner and laptop. On Coumadin, oxy 10 ER, oxy 5 every 4 hrs, had to switch to Norco/lortab as the oxy was making me want to jump out of my skin. PT comes to the house 3x week, been going good..my PT has only required 5 reps of 3 exercises 3x day so far. Haven't been able to sleep in bed yet, well I tried, but ended up bending my knee all the way which was hideously painful. Sleeping in recliner. Have had 'issues' all week with constipation...finally (after even hitting the mag citrate) getting some relief with prunes and Miralax. More exhausted than I thought I would be, pain fairly well controlled and getting up in the a.m. is torture. Best to all.
 
Welcome to bonesmart and congratulations on being on the otherside. Feel free to open your own thread so others can meet you and assist you if you need it. I see you are new to BS. We welcome you with open arms. Theres crucial information on this forum ,I hope you can find it.

Is see you just had your tkr. Pain management is crucial and I see you switched the oxy too.. It made us all constipated. Be sure to pay your brick layer union due to @ Rick St. You dont want him to chase you down with his cohorts from the senior community (heavens waiting room). 22 inches of snow. My God, you are lucky to have made it home safe. and into your girl cave. It aint easy and its gonna take along time. Every recovery is different. I rarely get sleep fortunately last night was my first night of good sleep. Best of luck and open a thread so the mantras can be delivered to you.
@Elisea. How are you ? Thanks for checking in on me I really appreciate it . You bring a smile to my face ! Thanks. I dont have the best support team here at home, and I knew I wouldnt but its all good. I still havent read your thread yet but Ill get there

@suzzee2000 , I will have you in my prayers for sure. Your day is coming in 2 weeks . Hope your hospital stay is as pleasant as mine. My nurses were so caring but of course I had my GF bring a basket of fruit and SEES candy to my room with a note saying thank you. You always get more with sugar than salt. They took great care of me and would of gladly stayed another day.

@RickSt , how much do we have collected from all the dues ?
 
to pay your brick layer union due to @ Rick St. You dont want him to chase you down

@RickSt , how much do we have collected from all the dues ?

All dues pending but it looks like my Alaskan vacation is taken care of .

In NASCAR I am a Tony Stewart fan in particular and a Stewart Haas Racing fan in general . I want all his teams to do well and that is one helluva stable . I'm actually from Indiana , about 50 miles east of Tony's home in Columbus Indiana . I moved to Arkansas about 9 years ago and to Florida 1 year ago this month . They'll take me out of this house in a body bag . We ain't movin no more .

I had my wife get me some cheap Dollar General sleeping pills . They helped me get better sleep and I finally started getting comfortable on my left side .

Rick
 
Holy cow !!!!! Your a giant . And I thought I would have to be gentle post op on my knee because of my size. For my age and size. Im still very much I kid at heart. I hope this time next year I can do fun things . I really have been hampered since age 40, knee wouldnt allow me to have the kind of fun that I enjoy. Being a kid at heart and having had a knee of a 80 year , dont mix. I was left in the sidelines. Too watch the world go by.


Well Rick , enjoy the races . They should be fun to watch. Ive been watching so much tv lately. I watch till 3 am and wake up at 6 am. And take an occasion nap for a hour or two throughout the day. Yeah , im sure I lost about 15 pound already. I was like 255 a day or two before the surgery. So 240 is a good weight for me ,for my height. As I matter of fact , my appetite is pretty good since knocking off the oxy. Yesterday i ate close to 2 lbs of spaghetti with garlic bread ,about a quart of milk and even ate strawberry shortcake for desert. Knee pretty stiff as I ice and elevate ,more than exercise the last two days. And I feel that I should be doing more but I want the internal sweeling to go down. So its a catch 22. Still early though !!
 
I know what you mean . I wanted my appetite to back off a bit and I hope I can keep it this way . 265 is my goal but 295 seems to be a road block . My knee is always swollen most in the morning so I ice once then that's about it . I took my 2 Tylenol last night and so far don't need it today .

Rick
 
I've got you both beat, amateurs!

I *was* 317 and 5'1" tall!!! After my lap band surgery (2 years ago) I'm now still only 5'1" tall but weighed 229 on day of surgery. I've lost weight since then but don't own a scale so not sure what I'm currently at. Guessing maybe 215; haven't seen that weight since 1985!

Jacki
 
I've got you both beat, amateurs!

I *was* 317 and 5'1" tall!!! After my lap band surgery (2 years ago) I'm now still only 5'1" tall but weighed 229 on day of surgery. I've lost weight since then but don't own a scale so not sure what I'm currently at. Guessing maybe 215; haven't seen that weight since 1985!

Jacki

Congrats on your weight loss . I am big boned . If I get down to 265 I will look skinny . I wear a size 16 shoe .

Rick
 
Thank you - I doubt that I'll get much smaller.... I'd like to be more fit and in better shape but I don't really have a skinny girl face... or butt... or attitude lol!

And NOW that I will be able to walk without pain, fitness is a possibility!
 
Thank you - I doubt that I'll get much smaller.... I'd like to be more fit and in better shape but I don't really have a skinny girl face... or butt... or attitude lol!

And NOW that I will be able to walk without pain, fitness is a possibility!

It's raining at our house in Leesburg . Is it where you live ?

Rick
 
@Josephine , I was sent home from hospital with oxycodone, oxycontin, tramadol, celebrex and Zarelto for a blood thinner. I stopped the oxys as it made me sick. So I substitute oxys with 500 mg extra strengh tylenol tablets sometimes 2 at a time or3. It works for me however im concern about damage to my liver. I take meds every 5 hours on the hour without a miss. At that pace it will be easy to go over the 4000 mg per day . How are my chances for damaging liver.???? Long term -short term. Dont think ill be taking tylenol for 6 more months. However tylenol has been my pain reliever in the past. Never even close to 2500 mgs back than per day. A little concerned. !! @RickSt can you let me know who won the race. Thanks Tiny
 
Rain delay . There have been tornado warnings also .

Rick
 
Be careful, Rick! You guys have some horrible weather up there.

We need the rain bad . All of our retention ponds are drying up . There are only couple with gators in them . Now the sun is coming back out .

Rick
 
So I substitute oxys with 500 mg extra strength Tylenol tablets sometimes 2 at a time or3. It works for me however I'm concern about damage to my liver. I take meds every 5 hours on the hour without a miss. At that pace it will be easy to go over the 4000 mg per day . How are my chances for damaging liver
You should never exceed 4,000mg per 24hrs. Ever. Doing so even for a few days can put you at risk. Hoeever, so long as you stay within the limit you'll be perfectly safe as the liver can easily handle that much.
 
@suzzee2000 , I will have you in my prayers for sure. Your day is coming in 2 weeks . Hope your hospital stay is as pleasant as mine.
Thank You for your prayers! I appreciate it!!! Count down...T-15 days....almost here! I hope my hospital stay is too!!!
 
Oh yes, we had tornado warnings but just got rain and dark clouds. Not complaining! :-)
 
6 foot woman here. I stand a lot straighter these days! It's funny because my hubs only knows me "broken"....So needless to say....he will eventually see that we stand "eye to eye" :spin:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom