Guest viewing is limited

TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JackiFL , what is this hurricane you speaketh of ? Lightning strikes and thunderstorms. Sounds like a foreign language. Gotta love Northern California. Except for a occasional earthquake here and there. Hope all is well , keep up the great work.

@Karringtyn , I know that feeling, ive always been my GF crippled old man from day 1. Being that she 15 years my junior and our 2nd date consisted of a HIKE!!!. Whats up with younger women and HIKES ! by the end of our hike , she had to piggyback me down ! Not to cool . I tried to be slick by wrapping my knee up too. Didnt help.
 
2 weeks in today. Went pretty fast ,I must say. Im pleasently surprised with my recovery and slightly dissapointed with my ROM. I know I know!!! Its only 2 weeks ...... Patience !! Im working on it with the cpm daily. Tramadol and tylenol doing their job, plus one celebrex daily . SLEEP! What Sleep... very tough to come by and than getting up HURTS ! Alot. So I massage my leg , MILK it and basically hope that it helps. Get up slowly. Appetite pretty good, thing are moving(if u know what I mean !) Probably can drink more water for sure. Well thats the deal 2 weeks in the books.
 
Iceman, I am also 2weeks today. Like you, the sleep just blows. Then, first thing in the morning, it is back to ground zero. I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day! I love Northern Cali. My son looked at Santa Clara for college. Beautiful place. I'm not sure he would get any studying done (I wouldn't) keep working it!
 
Iceman, I am also 2weeks today. Like you, the sleep just blows. Then, first thing in the morning, it is back to ground zero. I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day! I love Northern Cali. My son looked at Santa Clara for college. Beautiful place. I'm not sure he would get any studying done (I wouldn't) keep working it!

Don't feel lonesome . I'm at 4 weeks and sleep is still a chore . I just can't get comfortable .

Rick
 
You should never exceed 4,000mg per 24hrs. Ever. Doing so even for a few days can put you at risk. Hoeever, so long as you stay within the limit you'll be perfectly safe as the liver can easily handle that much.
Hi - having recently met with my OS I asked about the Maximum does of Tylonol which I have have been told for years was 4 grms or 4000 mg a day due to possibility of Liver damage. He told the that recent advice has lowered that recommendation to 3 grams or 3000 MG of the med a day. Just passing on this information as told to me.
 
You should never exceed 4,000mg per 24hrs. Ever. Doing so even for a few days can put you at risk. Hoeever, so long as you stay within the limit you'll be perfectly safe as the liver can easily handle that much.
Here is a link to the article on the reduced dosage of Tylenol
broken link removed: https://r.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0SO8yUD.AxTUR4AIdxXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzY2tqOWNiBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM3MF8x/SIG=1279gstfs/EXP=1393387651/**http%3a//www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/231915.php
www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/231915
 
@ fiftydollarbill. I appreciate the imput. I hope you are progressing fine. How is everything going with you? For me, this early on ive have been watching too much tv while elevating And iceing. Coincidentally I rent a room out to a intensive care unit nurse and I asked her the other day, and she said 3000 grams a day as well. So needless to say I have cut back without much difference with discomfort. So basically I take tramadol every 5 hours with 1 celebrex daily and now a occasional Tylenol 500mg.


I have been watching the NFL combines, getting excited about this upcoming draft. The NFC will be a beast again this year. Cardinals and Rams making a move towards the top. Rams getting 2nd pick overall. My team ,49ers have a ton of picks this year. Well Fifty ,I am glad were I am at 15 days post and I owe at least 80 percent to bonesmarts wealth of informative. Any suggestions for me moving forward ,would be greatly appreciated . Thanks
 
Iceman, I am also 2 weeks today. Like you, the sleep just blows. Then, first thing in the morning, it is back to ground zero. I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day! I love Northern Cali. My son looked at Santa Clara for college. Beautiful place. I'm not sure he would get any studying done (I wouldn't) keep working it!
Love the GHD reference. Also, moment of silence for Harold Ramis who passed just a few short days ago...and who directed Ground Hog Day...and Caddy Shack....and National Lampoon's Vacation. Wrote and directed a bunch of other stuff too. RIP.

@braindoc @icep707 I don't think I got a full nights sleep until the 4-5 week mark. Until then, it was just like you said, like GHD! Didn't really need an alarm clock as my knee would wake me up every morning around 5:00 asking for more ice and pain pills.

Tylenol. Maybe you can confirm this braindoc, but from what I have read, even if you manage to overdose on the tylenol and cause some liver damage, the liver will recover and heal itself....as long as the damage is not severe and the liver given a few months to heal. So even if one of you overdoes the tylenol, not a huge deal as long as the overdosing is not long term.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ fiftydollarbill. I appreciate the imput. I hope you are progressing fine. How is everything going with you? For me, this early on ive have been watching too much tv while elevating And iceing. Coincidentally I rent a room out to a intensive care unit nurse and I asked her the other day, and she said 3000 grams a day as well. So needless to say I have cut back without much difference with discomfort. So basically I take tramadol every 5 hours with 1 celebrex daily and now a occasional Tylenol 500mg.


I have been watching the NFL combines, getting excited about this upcoming draft. The NFC will be a beast again this year. Cardinals and Rams making a move towards the top. Rams getting 2nd pick overall. My team ,49ers have a ton of picks this year. Well Fifty ,I am glad were I am at 15 days post and I owe at least 80 percent to bonesmarts wealth of informative. Any suggestions for me moving forward ,would be greatly appreciated . Thanks
You heard that Harbs is on the outs right?
 
@mcirish I m not a fan of Harburgh either. Too arrogant and pompous. Also that director stared in Ghostbusters. I did cut my tylenol intake as pain is not what I feared pre op. I really think my tolerance to pain is pretty high. But the pre op hype about lack of sleep sure has lived up to the biliing. And the energy drain !! Ive been walking up and down stairs and around the house . @Referee Gone !!!! Is the bone on bone and arthritic pain , instantly just like Referee had quoted. And it feels very stable. @mcirish did you use a CPM ? How you been ? Hows baby torpedo ? My granddaughter turn 4 in september . Thats a great age. Better get a shotgun !!! Lol.

@Karringtyn. My boss called me today to check up on me and wish me well and a co worker will swing by tomorrow. They are hard working , great guys but TRUST ME . I aint going back till me knee is ready , at least 12 weeks. Got my disability credit card in mail . Bye now !


@braindoc , using that CPM.???? I Got it cranked to 85 today but worked slowly to that point. Keep on keeping on !!
 
I have been watching the NFL combines, getting excited about this upcoming draft. The NFC will be a beast again this year. Cardinals and Rams making a move towards the top. Rams getting 2nd pick overall. My team ,49ers have a ton of picks this year.

:loll:
@icep707 @mcirish
What!! Talking football and no mention of the SUPER BOWL WINNERS!!!! The NFC beast is Marshawn Lynch, beast mode baby. (Pass me the Skittles please.)


Must say though, it's something to compare the styles of Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh; such opposites in how they approach coaching. Haven't paid too much attention to the Rams; but it should be interesting to see what the 49ers do with all of those picks this year. And salary caps add such an interesting bent to it all. My guess is Seahawks will cut Sidney Rice; and re-sign Tate who offered to consider less $$ for the chance to stay with the team; one of the benes of winning the SB.
 
@Elisea ,I didnt mention THAT TEAM on purpose . Marshawn is from around my area ,OAKLAND. And went to college in Berkeley. So im a fan. I like skittles too. And gummy bears , hot tamales, sour patches. :happydance:Im soo immature !! Its gonna be a tough year, rams get the 2nd overall pick and theres a few monsters in the draft. Should be another great year. Hope you are well and you need to be commended on your great uplifting and advice you share on bonesmart !! Bye . I started reading your thread. Sooo long:hairpulling: !
 
@icep707 ....energy drain is fierce!!! Not even the ODIC can lift yew up ha ha!!! jk, yea the fatigue hits hard and fast. I think you remember my experience. I am almost at nine weeks and, although my energy level has risen, I am still fighting through all the effects of being a couch potato. My entire body has withered and I am just starting to get back in the gym. It will take a few more months to get things right.....at least a couple more months....no cpm. I just didn't see the point, for me at least. Hard for me to sit there with that thing on my leg.... finally going to get some hard rain!Yeah!!! You are probably already getting it up there Ice. Man we need it bad.

@1ELISEA if you have any insight on Dougie Baldwin, I would love to hear it. I actually hope he leaves. He's on my FF team and his talent is wasting away in SEA.....and don't sleep on AZ. That team is rising fast. That defense is probably equal to SEA. I believe they actually put it to SEA at least once last season.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It sure is quiet around here today . Not a clunking knee to be heard .

Rick
 
@RickSt , thats great news ,Tiny. All that noise just gone , in a flash. Hey your little pooch is pretty cute . She had that same look on her face as your picture . They do say that people's dogs eventually start looking like their master. Sleep still hard to come by. Im still sleeping downstairs though. Its more convenient. Everthing is within 6 ft. Maybe time to move upstairs. I start OPT next week. 12 visits. 1 more in home Friday. Are you tempted to drive ??? Im getting that itch . Well Rick , all couldnt be better . Take care.
 
No big itch to drive yet . Maybe in 2 weeks at my next OS's appointment .

Rick
 
Day 16. Still iceing and elevating pretty much most of the day. I must be half human , half beast!! Pain relatively low. Using CPM twice daily for 2 hours a pop with no discomfort at all. I took to this couch potato thing pretty easy. Everything progressing just fine. Finally getting some rain here in northern California. Let nature water the plants for a change. Hope everyone is doing fine. !!!! Start OPT next week. Wanna start that peddeling thing. Looking forward to massages and electric stimulation. Also would like some input regarding" how soon to drive. " Strongest med im taking is tramadol and I believe its a non narcotic. I can tip toe easily on repaired leg and quad doesnt seem affected at all. Quad Very strong. My therapist was surprised but I owe that to my condition before surgery. Weight lifting and cardio training over decades. @RickSt. I see everthing is going good. Congratulations. That trip sounds like fun. Maybe I take one going the other direction , as I love the sun. Would you believe I have never seen snow before !! Im 50 miles north of San Francisco and it never snows here. Thats gonna be on my bucket list. TAHOE later this year . Bye for now @braindoc hows it going ? Hope all is well. Keep up the great work .how much longer you have that CPM ? Knee will be swollen for awhile. @mcirish , ironically I moved here in 1990 as well. Remember the daily planet, magnolias and the cantina. Whew the good old wild days . @Karringtyn. Hope each day get better and better for you !! LUCY LUUUUUUU !!!!!
 
I drove my golf cart today using my repaired leg and being my size that puts my knee in a tight space with no problem . I don't think I'll have a problem when it comes to driving because with my size 16 feet all I have to do is pivot my heel from brake to the accelerator pedals .

Rick
 
I agree rick, plus your not taking narcotics. Im in no big rush either so ill set my voyage early next week. Plus I start OPT next week. My GF works so dont want to bum a ride.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom