TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
icep707
Yes mate found a nice gym got to meet up on Tuesday with a woman to talk about how much ££££ I get off,
Appetite sweet as a nut, first thing in the morning I make a strawberry/ blueberry/ ice/ milk and banana smoothie. Then at lunch fresh veg steamed or fruit and cereal , then for dinner fish or chicken with a Thai salad.
I love cooking which is handy because my wife can't boil an egg!!! A friend of mine told me to get a slow cooker, I said " don't need one, I married one!!". Couldn't sleep tonight, I dozed off about 6 then woke up at 10:30 and it's 4:25 now I've been awake all night watching Law and Order SVU, I love it. Weather here is changing suns been out and about and rain has gone thank god!!! But I live in the country side and the rain does keep the place very green which I love. Going to make a chicken curry tonight for me and Fiona. Don't no why I told you that just babbling on mate take care ICE god bless you and yours. Lord Fox of Essex. X:happydance:
 
Foxy , that was funny as heck ! You and me both . My GF really doesnt cook that good either .But she does cook everything real fast . Like a 5 course meal in less than 20 minutes. Of course everything is undercooked. Like the rice is runny , the pasta hard and meat undercooked. Everytime too. And her cleaning is worse ! What am I to do . And she pressures me to marry :hissy: i better hurry and get my knee fixed so that i can RUN !:bicycle1:. She said i could leave over her dead body. :no-fin: i guess its me and her tell the wheels fall off. Oh well , whats a man to do . Got to tell you , my knee is sore from OPT yesterday. I overdid it . I got to slow down. Because my mobility and strengh is good , i have a tendancy to do too much, making my flexion terriable, however my extension is great . Its late , got to go . I hope i didnt offend anyone .
 
*Sigh* another woman here who doesn't cook. And if I do....eeek you wouldn't want to eat it!
 
Hey, kids @Karryingtyn and @icep707
--I think the reason Mr Jeano keeps me around is because I love to cook and bake. His specialty is breakfast and he discovered he has a talent for biscuits and scones. @Foxmyster1967 a biscuit to you is a cookie to us, and what we call a biscuit is more or less a scone that's not sweet and is slightly less rich--made with butter and milk but no eggs/cream. Mr. Jeano also bakes cookies (biscuits to you.) I certainly hope I have confused everyone. While we are at it I will whine (that would be whinge to Foxy) about the weather--in sunny GA USA it is 35 degrees and raining, and the far NE corner of the state could get an inch or two of SNOW. What's hilarious is it will probably be sunny and 70s in a day or two.

Iceman--although I think it is a fundamental human skill to be able to prepare a tasty meal, yr GF can LEARN to do that, while other women will never learn how to be a tall gorgeous blonde Teutonic amazon that kicks your butt when you need it--hang on to that wench.
 
Jeano
That was great and funny I'll find your thread later and write some " Cockney rhyming slang " that will get you in a twist or two...? Foxy?:happydance:
 
Ice bruv
Don't beat yourself up as you said to me a while ago we are Alfa males!!! And we want to out do this knee thing, I'm the same as you, well over do things yesterday I was like a man possessed walking, stairs up & down shopping cleaning PT cooking the hole 9 yards I was buzzing, didn't sleep a wink last night watched tv all Poxy night.
Today I've been like a 100 year old knee aching slept all day moaning icing....!!! I'm thinking of going back to work as the ££££ have gone brother GONE!!! I'm banking on going back in 3 or 4 weeks??? I'm off my conkers I no but needs must, take a chill pill feet up and think of England hoo rah!!.your old mate Foxy.:happydance::dancy::spin::yay:.
Ps I liked the picture of Karringtyn made me think we should all post pictures of our selfs so we now who's who??
 
Foxy. I tried to upload pics of my scars and thought I did it right but than it said pic too big !! What the heck . What do I need to do ? Im not the most computer savy guy. How to I make pic smaller. a little help please . Ill rest for 2 days than on day 3 I go buck wild . Setting myself back . I feel sad you are facing a financial crisis. Thats not fair . I hope theres another way but reality stinks . Can you file for some financial assistance , maybe a loan . id hate to see you go too early . Its a tough situation . Take care mate !
 
Jeano
That was great and funny I'll find your thread later and write some " Cockney rhyming slang " that will get you in a twist or two...? Foxy?:happydance:

Bring it on! And while you are closing your eyes and thinking of England dont forget you mustnt do it in the street and frighten the 'orses. Maybe that's where the" 'ammer, ammer, ammer on the 'igh. 'ard road" comes from....
 
Your doing it right that happens to me some times try a little later and it may work, going back to ££££ I'm so poor I can't even pay attention!!! My credit card needs a credit card!. I'm all good Fiona works but it's a big strain on her to cover all the bills mate, I feel good and in a few weeks time I'll see what's what's with the knee and make a decision ?. I'm gonna be up all night as I slept most of the day so I'll be chatting to you mate speak soon. Have a look at my thread I've put a picture of me and the misses on there.x Foxy.:happydance:
 
It's 04:05 in blighty and I'm still wide awake!!! Fiona has just woke up and made me a cup of tea. That's one of the things of going back to work I've got to be very strong as on a Friday night all the boys go to my local pub and drink until we can't talk!!!. You no what I mean, this is the 3rd time I've givin up the beer, I drink once a week on a Friday but once I start I can't stop. Most Saturday mornings I'm £100 lighter and can't remember half the night before. The first 2 times I gave up, one was for 2 years and the second eas just under a year by a few days. I love the clean time feel alive again. But I'm pretty cool about it so I should be all good. With me once I start things I go for it, when I gave up the beer a week before my op I gave up ciggies too, I'm puffing on a ecig vapour??
Well I'll be having a lazy Saturday today sleeping icing and eating. God bless Ice me old mate.
 
Just to update on whats been going on . Ive actually have be getting more sleep . Last night went to bed at 10:30 pm. Thats a first , woke up 4:30 am, just in time for my tramadol and tylenol. Knee tight . Than went back to bed for another 4 hours . Got up , had orange juice , bagel and captain crunch. More meds and a light workout, bending knee on the stairs. Ive really made a conscientious decision to do less. I saw my OS yesterday , he REALLY liked his incision, said the glue ROCKS . Ask how I was doing and asked if I had questions and surprisingly I said NO. I picked up that he was in a rush. I told him my daily activities and he shook his head and said DONT DO THAT , SLOW IT DOWN . Hes right and I have decided to chill alot more and not to clean, mop, vacuum etc. As the GF not only does not like to cook but despises cleaning with a passion . I believe this is Karma!.I have been cursed! Well im committed to slowing it down . You guys Dont have to be concerned , im officially retiring from the ODIC club. My flexion seems to be better already . I turned down offers to go out today. Im gonna be a homebody till week 6 .

@Karringtyn that was a beautiful post , straight from the heart. My writting abilities are limited as I dropped out of school in 8th grade. I probably tried to drop out of life by the age of 25. Thats when the Lord picked me up , dusted me off and gave me a 2nd life. He apparently thought my life was worth saving and im glad he did. So my faith Is all I have , I can only do so much . Someone greater than myself has helped me over the last 20 years. I hope EVERY ONE is recovering well . And that you all are safe and warm !!
 
Friend. I was an English teacher a long time ago. I also am a writer. I have now completed three novels, but never had them published. Till this year. This surgery and more so the recovery has showed me just how much I believe in myself. I believe in you too friend. Slow down, listen to that body. It's not a race, it's more of a journey!!
 
Ive really made a conscientious decision to do less. I saw my OS yesterday , he REALLY liked his incision, said the glue ROCKS .
Good for you doing less!!! I hope I get glue too!!!

I told him my daily activities and he shook his head and said DONT DO THAT , SLOW IT DOWN
:thumb:Glad you are going to listen to him

I believe this is Karma!.I have been cursed!
:heehee:

Ice see ya over here soon!! Until then hold down the fort!!!
 
MORNING KNEE STIFFNESS !!! I KNOW THIS VARIES FROM INDIVIDUALS BUT WHEN WILL THE MORNING STIFFNESS START TO SUBSIDE ???? I KNOW IM EARLY, NEARING WEEK NUMBER 4. ANY IMPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS !
 
Oh Ice, I wish I could tell you that it will go away very soon, but it won't. It WILL get better though, that I promise you. My worst weeks were 4 & 5 and you're just starting those, but around week 6 I started to notice improvements. Little ones, but still ..... I know it's frustrating (believe me, I KNOW), but try to stay your positive self and know that it, and everything else, will get better!
 
@DogLoverx3 Thank you Ellen, I appreciate your answer. I totally understand . I just woke up this morning , started massaging my knee and I thought to myself, when will this end ! Between that and lack of sleep . 2 major bummers. I really did go into this procedure , very well informed, read countless threads and actually did anticipate a whole lot worse. So im happy !! Ill take the much talked about morning tightness and lack of sleep . I slowed down big time , I wasnt happy with my flexion . Last time I check it was 75 with almost 0 extension . I know why my flexion is low . Im too active . I was amazed by my therapist and OS reaction to my flexion . They both said its early and to do less. Unlike some of these crazy therapist and OS that are threatening MUA. So that made me think , maybe I am doing too much . Well Ellen, I really hope this is your year, a new house , a healthy strong knee and a prince charming . However take care of yourself this year , maybe next year a prince charming . Best wishes Iceman
 
When I first get out of bed it's like my TKR leg is 3 inches shorter than the other but it quickly straightens out . Once I'm up and about I can walk almost limp free . The same goes for when I first get up after sitting . Those first few steps are worst then each step thereafter is better .

Rick
 
What's going on ICE,
You had a good weekend mate? I'm laying on top of my bed watching " a bridge to far" blinding war film. The old knees been good the weekend. I've got a busy week coming up. Mon; getting the Landrover sorted out . Tues; meeting with the gym, take monty back to the vets, then hydro pool!. Wed; having a new window screen put in me van. Thursday ; going to see my OS in London . Fri; having a rest and icing?? What you got planed . Foxy.
 
Mr Fox, me and you both, ive been laying around doing nothing , watching television while iced and elevated. Actually waiting on my son to come over . I havent seen him in months . But im beginning to think he wont show . Hes late . Oh well ,got to stay strong and be selfish ,at this point . I cant let his behavior , get me down. Theres actually pretty good movies on tv today. I go to PT tomorrow, thats all , tuesday I wanna visit my co workers at Costco . Wednesday nothing planned , Thursday PT. im on strike from the ODIC . Im tired of the internal swelling and low flexion . So im recommitted to laying low . Hope all is well with you . How far is London from your house ? Im sure its a beautiful city. Im 50 miles from San Francisco. I personally cant stand the city. Its too crowded, traffic is horrendous and people are crazy , plus to much concrete. No grass or trees. Ok @ Foxmyster1967 best wishes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom