Guest viewing is limited

TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Diana -
Just found your post. I am three weeks in and can totally relate to the crying jags - I've had a couple and they are fairly intense. I agree that not getting enough sleep seems to impact that quite a bit and I also discovered that I tend to feel more teary when I have been a bit more isolated or stuck in the house. Getting out in the world has helped me. Hope you ride this wave and come out swimming on the other side. Hang in there!
 
new knee in June Sorry to hear you feel down but at least it made you feel better.:console2:Ah isn't this ride wonderful! Ha Ha, I seem to be following your moods during your recovery I haven't had the cry yet but I did lash out at Himself. Here I am in the bathroom it's supper hot and humid, dog runs in ahead of me and jumps in the tub. He knocked the raised toilet seat to the floor as I pick it up and place it on the toilet that i need to use he jumps out of the tub and lays in front of the toilet! He was quite happy there and wagged his tail when I tried to get him out of the room. I'd had enough at this point and called for Himself (who is very relaxed in front of the TV) to come get the dog out. Himself made the fatal mistake of heaving a big sigh as he gets off the couch. First mistake! He then says to the beast," come on out." the 70 pound lump of fur got up as nice as you please looked back at me and went down the hall.:gaah:Himself said, "see that's all you had to do." Final mistake! then came the :hissy: !!!!
Himself really is good and does more than his share. I think it was the sigh That tipped me over the edge but it felt good! :snork:
Wanda
 
Dear my way,
Was that story suppose to make me feel better ? :yikes: all I can picture is your dog knocking you over.
The heat will make me say anything ( I once told hubby if he kept talking, I would kill him ) :heehee:
My :cry: actually makes me feel better, so I will add it to the mantra :ok: thank you for the words of encouragement :yes:
You are the best :friends:
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Hi new knee in June It was meant to make you feel better. I was not in danger of the dog knocking me down as he's very old (16) and none too lively. Himself hasn't sighed again.:snork: He even asked if I needed help to wash and massage feet! :)
This heat is gross! There isn't a hint of a breeze. It's just like a hot, sticky jungle.
please feel better tomorrow
Wanda
 
Diana, I still have momenys of tears as well. I need to thank hubby for getting me through those moments. He reminds me just how far ive come. You do sound like youre doing fabulously tho! Keep up the great work!! Next week I get evaluated for aqua therapy...cant wait to start!
 
Good morning ladies,
Well, I have good news....drum roll please, I slept from 11:30-5:30 :happydance: I didn't wake up
Once. I only had 1 cramp all night. This is what I did...had a wonderful :cry: in the afternoon.
I can disconnect my cyro-cuff so it is just wrapped around my knee, I laid on my back with my leg straight out,
Or with my knee bent & a pillow between my knees. Tonight I am going to try an ace bandage :egypdance:
My new knee seems to like being wrapped up......like a new baby :heehee:
My way, enjoy your foot massage...himself must be mending his evil ways :rotfl: I hope the heat goes away
It truly is horrid :shocked:
Luisa, let me know how aqua therapy goes....it sounds wonderful.
Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me,
Diana :friends:
 
Great t
Good morning ladies,
Well, I have good news....drum roll please, I slept from 11:30-5:30 :happydance: I didn't wake up
Once. I only had 1 cramp all night. This is what I did...had a wonderful :cry: in the afternoon.
I can disconnect my cyro-cuff so it is just wrapped around my knee, I laid on my back with my leg straight out,
Or with my knee bent & a pillow between my knees. Tonight I am going to try an ace bandage :egypdance:
My new knee seems to like being wrapped up......like a new baby :heehee:
My way, enjoy your foot massage...himself must be mending his evil ways :rotfl: I hope the heat goes away
It truly is horrid :shocked:
Luisa, let me know how aqua therapy goes....it sounds wonderful.
Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me,
Diana :
Great to hear you had a great sleep, I'm busting for this. I feel I am turning into a grumpy old lady... LOL
 
Diana, So pleased you had a great nights sleep and are feeling lots better. It makes all the difference :happydance:If your knee feels better being wrapped up then wrap it up and pamper it - it deserves it :angel: because it is doing so well for you. I use a pillow between my legs and it does mean I can roll onto my side without pain and back again without upsetting the knee. I think we are all realising now that the knee is in charge and we have to keep it happy :)
As for the crying, I do still have moments like this and I agree, it is the little things that set you off (like the sighing from a dear hubby!!). Glad you felt better after though, letting it all out does help!

Thinking of you and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. You need some horses to cuddle you - I'll get my two to send you some virtual kisses :puppysmooze:
 
I'm so glad you are feeling better today! :happydance: Now I'm a happy bee! By the way that dog story was fer real. When it's hot he goes in the bathroom for some strange reason. I don't understand it as his bed is downstairs in the cool. I guess at his age his knees are finding the stairs hard to deal with as well.
Wanda
 
Glad to hear you're feeling better. They don't call this aa roller coaster ride for nothing. Stay cool, and I hope you continue to feel better.

Dorothy
 
So glad to hear that you are feeling better - it is amazing what a decent night's sleep can do for making you feel better. Thus surgery really is a rollercoaster ride requiring both physical and emotional healing

Hope you are having a better day again today
:friends:
 
Hello everyone,
I am starting week 8: I am off all narcotics & feeling much better :) I have :sleep: through the night
The last 2 nights. It's like heaven on earth :angel: I have woken up with no pain & am out & about.
Therapy is great gentle & mantra rom is 122-0.
I wanted to tell you how I get to sleep: I wrap my knee in an ace bandage ( like a little baby ) & take 2
Tylenol p.m. Maybe this can help someone else. My knee doesn't like sheets or comforters on it :gaah:
So the ace helps with that.
I don't intend to sound like I am bragging, just to let everyone know it does get better :dancy:
I wish all of you my best during your recoveries,
Diana....June sunbeams forever :SUNsmile:
 
Hi new knee in June Sounds like another one is getting ready to leave the nest. :cry:Really though I'm so happy for you! Both you and Puffin are sounding so much better! :happydance: Now if we could get Toni on the mend all would be fine.
Wanda
 
No you're not bragging, it is great to hear about your progress :SUNsmile: You are the leader of the June Sunbeams and motivating us all. I think you're doing fab, I am so pleased for you :happydance:
 
Dear my way,
I put in the part about the bragging & read that someone on another thread didn't like to read
When folks were doing well, it upset them :tantrum: I can understand, but I only want to encourage
Bonesmartie s that it does get better :spin:
Now, as you know it takes 1year to re cooperate from surgery. So you are stuck with me for 10 more months :rotfl:
I work night & can check the forums all day.
Next stop work August 19, I can't wait.... :martini:
June sunbeams :SUNsmile: making progress....
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
I am still very confused how to talk to people here, or how to join in. It's a good challenge, distracts me from thinking about my knee. 6 weeks tomorrow my TKR..... Had my 6 week check up with surgeon yesterday, he was very happy....Lol. I said I am really pleased your happy, but that's not how I am feeling.... Ok I hadn't been managing my pain, had no sleeps for weeks. And had turned into an emotional mess. The best thing that has happened is finding this site, every day I have a great read. Just wished I could get my head around how it all works, the worse of being a senior with no computer skills. I have learned that I am very normal with this TKR, that 6 weeks I am not meant to be back to normal. The pain I am getting is really normal, the meds to keep the pain at bay are so normal. The tears and frustrations are also very normal. I'm not sure how to get use to sitting around so much, I'm not sure how to rid the frustrations of moving around, knee swells pain begins... I'm not sure how I can keep asking for help, I go on such a guilt trip every time I ask for something. How do I learn to sit and watch, the house deteriorating. Really Lol it's not that bad, It's just I have always prided my self in keeping a spotless house. Today
I will try and think of lovely places I have visited, and think about we're would be a good place to visit when I am running on my new knee. I would liked to wish you all a good positive happy day today. Xo
 
Update: 7 wks. 3 days.....
Good morning everyone,
I hope everyone is recovering nicely :) I now sleep through the night :happydance: ( 2 Tylenol p.m )
I am no longer on narcotics :egypdance: I no longer :cry: once a day ( possibly the Percocet ? )
I can go up & down stairs ( sometimes I cheat) going up is hard, I use my arms to pull me up.
This morning I woke up with......drum roll, please....no :gaah: I just did my exercises & am ready to ice.
I dug out an old skateboard & use it while I sit on the patio having my coffee. Only on my knee back & forth :rotfl:
The weather is gorgeous, :SUNsmile: no humidity, the birds are singing, my 2 :kittykiss: , are checking out the birds.
Life is good...I can finally see the light....my knee is still stiff sometimes, but that is from healing.
I wish everyone else daily milestones :ok:
June sunbeams :SUNsmile: seeing the light...
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Diana, What a great update. It sounds like you are ready to roll. And the heat is even gone. I'm in Houston, so i's something we just have to live with in the summer. Only 101 yesterday, but at least the humidity hasn't been too bad.

Have a great day and keep on with the good progress.

Dorothy
 
Diana,
Want to say how much your encouragement on my thread as meant to me these past 8weeks. You are such a sweetheart!

I like you are off the meds....just Tylenol . I will try that PM kind! hey, just a heads up. I was watching u tube video that some had made after knee replacement... He said using plastic wrap on his knees at night was a life saver....I am going to try it tonight! It would warm up with your body heat... Maybe put some pain relieving cream on before I wrap. It would be simular to using a ace bandage.

Talk to you soon! :kittykiss:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom