TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Diana. You are doing fantastically well :angel:
You would think I have had enough of hospitals and medical procedures, but actually my guilty pleasure is watching things like House and Greys Anatomy. In the UK we also have Casualty and Holby City which are good medical soaps too :)
My kids watch a US programme called Man Vs Food which makes me feel sick to watch - but is rather addictive!

Thanks for the cabana boys, they have arrived safely and I have put them straight to work although they are not allowed to do scar tissue massage :groan:
 
Hello all my June sunbeams :SUNsmile:
I am in week 5 post-op......this is going to be a really good post.....so here we go :)
Last night I dropped the Percocet & am only on Tylenol ( extra strength) & icing & elevating :happydance:
I don't get dizzy :rolleyes: or :sick: & feel like I'm going to :thud: & am able to know go out into the real world :yahoo:
No more cpm machine, last in home therapy tomorrow. Rom 128-0. My therapist today said " do you realize how well you are doing"
I am so :egypdance: :happydance: :spin:
Best wishes to all,
It does get better.......diana
 
[Bonesmart.org] I Made It To the Promised Land
 
:egypdance: :happydance: :yay:

So glad that your recovery is going so well - your ROM is excellent. It must be a relief to get off the strong pain meds
 
Diana you are doing so well :angel: and setting a great example for us Sunbeams who are lagging behind ..... like ME :) And you're off the strong pain meds, thats fantastic and will certainly make you feel much better in yourself. Looking forward to hearing about all your trips to the real world :yay:
 
So happy you are doing so well and off the strong pain killers! It must be such a relief to see the world clearly now. I cant wait for that day myself!!
 
Hello everyone,
No one is lagging behind me..we all recover at our own pace :) I will say I have had to take 1 Percocet a day.
I am not in pain...just tight & uncomfortable. My main problem with recovery has been this weather :tantrum:
90's & muggy, thunderstorms every day. Now don't laugh I have heat anxiety, it's a real thing to me.
I could be in an a.c room & if I see the 5 day forecast & see 90's I could :boohoo: this has been going on for 3 weeks :hissy:
Enough is enough.......give me a blizzard in January & I am so :happydance:
A mailman just died hear last week :yikes:
Very dangerous stuff....
Thanks for listening to my weather report :rotfl:
Thinking of you all,
Diana :martini:
 
Wow impressive Diana! No more pain pills and a wonderful ROM! Great news and you should be very happy! What state are you in that it is so hot?
 
Well even Sweden is in the 80sF today so it is pretty hot here - the farmer next door is rushing around watering although thunderstorms predicted tonight

Hope you are having a great weekend :flwrysmile:
 
How are you doing Diana? Enjoyed your weather report - any changes or is it still hot and muggy in Boston? :)
Nooooo, we don't want blizzards - we will all be falling over :umm:
Understand how you feel though - this warm weather does seem to increase swelling and tightness.
But I am loving it - for the last few years the UK has not had a "summer" and this year we are at last enjoying a heatwave :happydance:
Off to see my horses this afternoon for some cuddles :puppysmooze: Down to one crutch now which leaves my arm free for cuddling lol
 
Hello everyone,
I have come back from the post op forums, because we can only have 1 thread over there.
I ice an awful lot...sometimes over night. Could this be why I am so stiff in the morning ?
Any help is appreciated.....I use ice for pain not for swelling
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
I have come back from the post op forums, because we can only have 1 thread over there.
new knee in June There is a reason for that which you can read here One thread for your recovery please? As you can see, I have moved your post into your recovery thread.
I ice an awful lot...sometimes over night. Could this be why I am so stiff in the morning ?
It's not the ice, it's pain. Did you forget the recovery article The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart? Stiffness is a form of pain and requires medicating.

so tell me:
1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine)
2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?
3. how high are you elevating your leg, how often and for how long?
4. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and
5. what kind of PT are you doing? How much and how often?


I'll be back when you've answered! :wink:
 
Hello Josephine,
Pain level now 4 just had therapy
Pain meds...oxycodone acetaminophen 5-325 once every 6 hrs.
Elevating & icing 4x day toes above nose
Activity level...light housekeeping, p.t don't go out shopping yet, just to doctors app's
I don't even go out in the yard it has been 100 degrees here, having a heat wave
I just was released from home p.t today....leg lifts heel slides, doing stairs, rubber band shuffles,
I am in my 6week of recovery rom 128-0
Thank you,
Diana
 
I also find the knee very stiff and painful in the morning - is is the same regardless of whether I use the ice overnight or not. The first morning trip to the bathroom is extremely painful - especially pushing up from the bed

However your ROM is fantastic so I expect it is healing pain
 
I hope you haven't melted! I hate hot and we've had our share here too. Today was pleasant 22 and sunny but back to 30s and humid on Sunday. :groan:How are you feeling today? Things sure seem to be moving forward for you. You must be so happy with your ROM. You're on your way girl!:egypdance:
Wanda
 
Good Morning new knee in June Your last few posts have sounded upbeat! I noticed you haven't been shopping yet. Don't!!!! I had an increase in pain last night and I blame it on the 15 minute trip to the supermarket. Ankles and thighs are still sore today. I guess it's because I put more strain on them trying to protect the knees. Not doing anything today but sit in the sun, put the legs up and relax.:)
Have a good day and I hope it's not too hot.
Wanda
 
Sounds like you are doing well. Glad to hear. I am a few weeks behind so it's nice to see the light coming on
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom