TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're doing really well Diana :happydance:You will be well enough to host another Sunbeams party soon :dancy:

Good luck at PT tomorrow - let us know how it goes :SUNsmile:
 
Today's out patient therapy was only measuring & doing gentle exercises :happydance:
I'm sure it will get harder as the weeks go bye. Only 7 more visit's & I'm done...time to think about going
Back to work soon :dancy: ...I can't wait.....my therapist also was amazed at how strong my legs were....
Comes from going to the gym.....maybe I can get back to that soon too :egypdance:
June sunbeams :SUNsmile: forging ahead !!!!!!!!
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
new knee in June So glad you had a good session :) I had my worst nightmare! Typical push through the pain type. She was pleased with my progress so far and that I am ahead of most but then turns around and says "You have to work harder!":scratch: Gripes I'm still a day shy of three weeks. I was very nice and told her I want to try this on my own for a while and I don't have to go back for a week.
Bless her heart
Wanda
 
:thumb: Glad to hear that your PT session went well and that you are making great progress.

Sounds like you are leading the success of the June sunbeams :SUNsmile:

Take care and keep going
:friends:
 
Diana, I am so happy to hear you are doing so well! It has been a journey! My left knee is raring to go....my right knee has it's own addenda! Have a bit more work to do on muscle strength, gait, and overall wellness. Once this right knee gets on track I will be kicking some you know what! YOU GO GIRL! :egypdance:
 
Hello everyone,
This post is for everything I am grateful for during my 7 week recovery:
1. The love of a wonderful husband...who has been by my side, sat through all my crying...asked if I needed a hug
Has picked up over time...because I don't get paid while I'm out :yahoo: I made the right decision 25 yrs. ago
& for that I thank him.
2. My wonderful surgeon & his staff...never once did I have to :beg: for pain meds. His staff calls me right back if
I call them. They truly make me know they care about me :egypdance:
3. My marvelous p.t staff... In home & o.p...thanks to them I will be walking without a limp, & back to work with-in a few
Weeks. They push me to the best of my ability.....without torturing me....they are also very knowledgable if
I have any questions or concerns :spin:
4. And last but not least.....my friends at bonesmart....I have cried with you :boohoo: & laughter so hard :rotfl:
I peed my pants. The helpfulness of this forum is unbelievable....I love you all...I absolutely feel like I know each &
Everyone :yes: your kindness has made my recovery :ok:
I have been so very lucky with everyone involved with my recovery & for that I say a little :angel:
Thank you for listening,
Diana :kittykiss:
 
Hi Diana!! Oh, you are blessed my friend. A wonderful husband and great care. It sure makes a difference with this surgery and recovery, doesn't it? And you have been here giving lots of love and care to the rest of us. For that, we :thankyou: too dearheart!!
 
Diana, I have stiffness too, gets better as I walk through it. I agree with Josephine, as far as stiffness being considered a form of pain. It feels like such a long long road....and I feel like we get to a point where we think all should be better by now. At 6 weeks, I think its only half way through the worst of it, so I think elevating, ice and meds for a few more weeks is the way to go. Patience is so hard...this is truly the largest test of my patience EVER! I still feel the need to shed a coupe of tears here and there when it starts to hurt suddenly. But then I find a Golden Girls show and I feel better (or at least distracted) :) Once it gets cooler, I suspect we will be able to go out for walks more and get the endurance up alittle and the stiffness gone.
 
Good morning everyone,
Update.....6wks.2days.....I called for my pain med. refill & was told to start cutting back with this script.
That's fine by me :)
My main concerns are....I wake up every night with cramps in my leg. Not really bad, but enough to wake
Me :gaah:
More than my replacement, my other incision ( where they took out plates & screws)from osteotomy, hurts more :hissy:
Both doctors said they had a hard time pulling it out :yikes: but, it was in my knee for 10 yrs.
I have 7 more p.t classes &plan on working on my gait & balance, I am a bit of balance :rolleyes:
If I get the go-ahead I want to go back to work August 19....if not i have as much time as I need.
I only work 20 hrs a week, at night 7-11, so I can ice & elevate during the day :happydance:
I can't wait to go back to work :dancy:
I hope everyone has a great recovery,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Well someone is chipper this morning! :) Isn't it good when we start to look forward rather than focus on where we are with this recovery. I woke up feeling good this morning and that let me know better times are getting closer.
We're moving along
Wanda
 
Sounds like things are going well my sunbeam friend :SUNsmile: It is great that you are feeling up to going back to work in the next few weeks. I cannot imagine going back yet as I am not even walking yet.

Can I ask which pain meds you are currently taking? My morphine tablets run out on Sunday and I was hoping not to get another prescription but I think I have to owing to the pain and swelling although I have cut down from 6 to 4 tablets

Take care :kittykiss:
 
Hello puffin,
Right now I take half Percocet in the morning & half at night. I just called for another script ( to be picked up today)
They said to start weaning off after this script. :) I shouldn't have a problem,I just wanted them for p.t
Puffin, you get whatever script you need...don't just run out. You may have more :gaah: & that is definately
Not good. If you run out Sunday, I would get on the phone today & get that script refilled.
Thinking of you always,
Diana :friends:
 
Yes I am going to sort it out today - well rather my husband is as he has my authorization as I cannot drive or get to the Chemist myself
 
Good girl...your surgeon's office with tell you when to start weaning off the meds. :)
They give you a heads up also, they won't just let you go abruptly without meds. :ok:
Have a wonderfully, relaxing day :SUNsmile:
Better days are coming our way !!!!!
Diana :friends:
 
My 2nd o.p therapy:
My therapists are awesome :dancy: stop at the point of pain...gentle stretching with added exercises.
Come to find out my left hip is weak (probably from limping for 2 yrs). You are never going to guess what my
Hardest exercise is ? :shrug: standing still with one leg in front of the other....for balance.
My legs were shaking.
I :bicycle1: 1 st. Time for 5 min. Smooth & all the way around :yahoo:
I don't want to jinx myself by getting to excited.....we'll see how I feel tomorrow :)
June sunbeams :SUNsmile: on the road to recovery
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning. I hope you are feeling good after your success on the bike! :yes!: Now my dear new knee in June I know you are a very kind and generous person however, I really am overcome with your gift of the hot, humid weather. I simply can't accept it! It's too much! :snork:
Wanda
 
Hello everyone,
I am feeling a bit down today :sorry: I seem to be doing quite well physically with my knee :)
But, the tears are back :boohoo: I think it's a lack of sleep, but I am feeling frustrated & like this
Will never end...I should be happy 2weeks before surgery I couldn't even walk, 2 years before I had
A horrible limp....now, no limp & I can walk just fine.
I must say my :cry: felt really good...
The roller coaster continues....... :whistle:
Take care ,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom