TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that things are going well for you and that you are hitting milestones

I'm so happy that life is good for you :SUNsmile:
 
Hello gazelle,
I saw that you tube video :) I think he put a paper bag under the wrap. Something about the wood
In the bag helping the knee. Did you try it ? I hope you find a way to get some :sleep: it certainly helps
I slept with my ice cuff on last night. I still wake up at night, seems my leg get's cramps if it is in one
Place to long :gaah:
But, I go right back to sleep :happydance:
I always said if I was an insomniac, I couldn't take it :tantrum: it really is the worst.
Thinking of you,
Have a great :SUNsmile:
Diana :friends:
 
Hello everyone,
Update:2 months exactly to the day........
Today I was invited to a cook-out, I wasn't going to go...but had to practice being vertical :rotfl:
( after being in bed, doing pain meds :sigh: )I went & had the best time :spin: my knee behaved
Perfectly....sitting, standing,stairs,....I did it all & still feel great. I noticed everything the wind in my
Hair, the food, the company......it was wonderful :happydance:
I will not be a member of the o.d.i.c......exercises & ice for tonight & Red Sox game
Life is good....it get's so much better :SUNsmile:
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile: getting on with life....
 
Well done Diana :happydance:and well done to your new knee for behaving perfectly :angel:

Sounds like you have had a great day and really enjoyed being out. Make sure you ice and elevate now so you don't suffer tomorrow.

So pleased for you, leader of the June Sunbeams :SUNsmile:
 
Yea Diana! Improvements everyday! Life is going to get better and better! :egypdance:
 
Good morning everyone,
After yesterday's cook-out, I am proud to say....no o.d.i.c for me :egypdance:
Today is a day for cooking...I made chicken, broccoli & ziti, tonight bread pudding with raisins.
I better get back to the gym soon :rotfl: the Red Sox are on at 1:30, we are in first place :yay:
The games have been very exciting ( come from behind wins, home runs in the 9th) do I dare say
" World Series"... :beg:
I am off to do my exercises & ice....I don't take these good days, for granted.
Have a wonderful sunday :SUNsmile:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hello everyone,
I had an app. With my primary doctor this morning. I have lost 8 lbs. since surgery :yahoo: but I gained 15
Because I couldn't go to the gym because of my knee :yikes: I have to get moving again, because my appetite
Is back full force.
My cholesterol dropped 33 points....I want to lose 15 lbs...I might go back to weight watchers on-line.
After my wonderfully quick app.....the doc set up my, pap, colonoscopy & mammmogram :shocked:
I thought I was home free :beg:
Diana. June sunbeam :SUNsmile: having way to many tests.
 
Hi Diana, what a wonderful recovery you have had, and it couldn't happen to a nicer lady! You have been so attentive to those of us floundering a bit, and always there with a kind and uplifting note, so I am sorry I have not been around much these past few weeks, it's been stressful waiting for that baby, but oh so worth it!!

I wish you continued joy and happiness, it seems to be who you are, joyful and happy, and thank you again for sharing it and spreading it around!

Best wishes to you and your family ~ :friends:
 
Hi Diana. Yes, definitely way too many tests - especially after all you've been through with your knee. I hope they are all routine though and nothing to worry about :)
You are doing so well with your recovery - and I agree with Barb, you always have a kind and motivational note for everyone, particularly those who are struggling :friends:
Best of luck with your continued recovery - and well done for dropping your cholesterol level

Alison :SUNsmile:
 
Good morning everyone,
Up-date......8 wks...3 days,
Well, I just took my first walk out side 15 min. Down to the school behind my yard. I walked on grass,
Uneven side walks, up hills & downhills. I brought my cane for stability & did not use it once :dancy: :happydance:
I am icing now...I don't want to be in the o.d.i.c :no-fin:
I also cut my toenails :yahoo:
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: happy about the little things in life.....
 
Sounds like a delightful way to start a morning, and yes, itn't it amazing how we appreciate the little things after TKR. I am excited right now because I'm able to feel good past 7 p.m. and have been able to enjoy getting together with friends and just being confortable. I cut my toebails the other day, and thought gee this is easy. I couldn't do it before my TKR.

Dorothy
 
Hi new knee in June,

Just stopping by to say Hi! :SUNsmile: It sounds like you had a lovely time today. What a wonderful walk you must have had. I bet you felt great getting out and accomplishing a walk of this nature. Keep up the great work!

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Well done Diana :yay: Sounds like you had a good walk - uphill, downhill and uneven too! You are doing just great :dancy:
 
:happydance: Great news that you are able to take walks outside without even using the cane - you must be so happy :yay:
 
Good morning everyone,
Up date: tomorrow will be week 10 for me....I can't believe how the time has gone by :) I am off
All pain meds :egypdance: I have 2 more o.p therapy app.( tomorrow & Wednesday ). I continue to do my
Exercises 2x's a day, ice & elevate while I rest. Rom 122-0 I now sleep through the night & no naps during
The day.
I can go down stairs, but not up (I pull myself up with both arms) it is quite the sight :heehee:
I still walk slowly, but everyday for 15 min.
I have not limped since day 1 of surgery :yay: I limped for 4 years....so great improvement since surgery.
My next app. With os is sept.5 that's in 3weeks.
Tomorrow at therapy I will ask for an earlier app. To get my note to go back to work :egypdance:
I only work 7-11p.m...(Sunday-Thursday)I sure would like to start getting a paycheck again....no pay for
Part timers :shrug:
For everyone early in their recoveries, it does get better :yes: slowly, but surely
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Diana..June sunbeams :SUNsmile:.......one step at a time
 
Good morning new knee in June,

Sounds like things are going well for you. I know the numbers are not supposed to be a big deal, but they look wonderful! You being able to sleep through the night is BIG! :yay: I hope your OS will see you early to give you the return to work note if you feel ready. :happydance:

Have an awesome Sunday! :flwrysmile:
 
Diana-- so good to hear you are doing so well! I am working on going down the stairs... going up I am fine, but to go down I have to really think to bend my right troubled knee and step down. Yesterday when I was downstairs on my bike and stepper I noticed how much stronger my legs were than just a week ago.. you are right that progress is steady and daily... you have to look for the little things! Blessings to you and have a wonderful Sunday!:angel:
 
:happydance: your recovery really has been amazing - I cannot imagine going back to work. Hope you have had a great weekend
 
Good morning everyone,
Guess who's going back to work August 19 ? I am.... :happydance: :egypdance: :dancy:
Just left op therapy rom 127-0. I am so happy, something to look forward to.
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....gainfully employed....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom