TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you are doing so well to be getting back to work next week my sunbeam :SUNsmile: You have really got your life back almost completely now. I hope it goes really well for you but be careful not to end up in the ODIC in the early weeks

I cannot imagine getting back to work at the moment - I just feel exhausted after 3 years of pain/not sleeoing, not to mention being unable to walk without pain and swelling - also my experience at the buffet yesterday has made me realise that even "desk" work is not possible at the moment as standing up from a chair is hard for me
 
Diana ..... leading the way for the June Sunbeams :SUNsmile: Cannot believe you feel well enough to go back to work - well done! You sound so excited about going back, that is great :yay:

Unfortunately I cannot imagine going back yet, even if it wasn't for the MUA. I am permanently tired and feel exhausted without doing anything and still swell if I am upright. Fortunately I work for myself and run my own company so there is zero pressure - other than the fact that not working means no pay :sad:

Keep posting all your successes - I love to hear how you are doing :)
 
:heehee: Hello my fellow bonesmartie's,
I feel I may be a member of the o.d.i.c :hissy: I did great at p.t Monday ( I might of been showing off ) :doh:
Oh, when will I learn :) today I had a strange new pain in my knee. Like a burning, Velcro feeling. :shocked:
I learned a long time ago from Toni,not to be surprised by strange pains. Iced & elevated & feel better.
I will ask my therapist about it tomorrow.
Tomorrow is another day....&i will go slowly at p.t.
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile: .....one day forward, one day backwards.. :heehee:
 
Dear Diana
I hope that your knee is feeling better today
I am also in the ODIC today
:friends:
 
Well everyone I just got my note to go back to work August 19 :dancy: :egypdance: :happydance:
I am one happy bonesmartie :yahoo:
I added in 2 more p.t, for stairs....I can go down but not up :doh: I also still get a bit tight in my knee.
Have a wonderful night....time to ice &elevate...
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: finally getting a paycheck after 10 weeks !!!!!
 
Good morning to everyone,
Update 11 weeks on Monday.....my, where did the time go...as you all know I am back to work August 19 :happydance:
Another milestone reached....
I have 2 o.p therapies to go to then finished :egypdance: another milestone reached......a word about p.t...
After I go I feel great, but the next day I get a very tight feeling on the outside of my knee. The next day I am a
Member of the o.d.i.c & spend the whole day icing & elevating :headbang: I have come to the conclusion, I will
Get better with my every day activities, such as walking & my gentle exercises 2 times a day :dancy:
I want to wish everyone a wonderful, relaxing weekend,
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile: .....moving on
 
Diana- I am the same way with PT. I also have two sessions left only... one each week for the next two weeks. I am always tight that night and the next day... sounds like you and I are on a simular journey to wellness.... Have a wonderful weekend Diane! :friends: Joan
 
Hi Diana
Wishing you the best of luck for getting back to work - and be careful not to do too much and baby that knee - one of the things that I find hard is getting up and down from a chair which of course makes even desk work problematic - so make sure that you take things easy at first

While you are going back to work I am spending Monday going back to see the OS

Hope that you are out of the ODIC and hope you have a great weekend

Take care :friends:
 
Diana, well done on reaching all those milestones! Your recovery has gone really well and I will be thinking of you on Monday when you go back to work. Be sure to let us all know how you get on!

Have a relaxing weekend :SUNsmile:
 
Hi, isn't it great to get back to a normal or some what normal life. :) Back to work on Monday for you. It's funny how it seemed we never feel we are ever going to get there early in our recoveries. This evening I went to the camp ground with my son and Himself. It was the first day I felt alive enough in the evening to go out for a couple of hours after dinner. It felt good! At least your job is calming. I'm still not ready to face 30 third graders yet! :yikes: School starts on the 4 of September but I think I'm not going back till October. Let someone else settle the little darlings in. :rotfl: I'm only responsible for two of them that have special needs but, when you are in the regular classroom they all need a little bit of attention from you as well as the teacher.
Have a great weekend
Wanda
 
new knee in June

Hi Diana, I am glad that you have cleared many milestones. You are doing great! Just take it easy and please don't follow in my footsteps. Take it one day at a time. Ice and elevate when you need to.

I am planning on getting rid of my platinum Presidential ODIC membership card. (I keep telling myself that over and over again.) Maybe I can make myself believe what I am saying.

Have an absolutely awesome weekend! I can't wait to hear how your first day goes! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Diana, Just a note to wish you well on your first night back to work. :bicycle1:
Wanda
 
Thinking of you my friend :) Hope today goes well for you and looking forward to hearing how you got on :yes!:
 
Hi Diana
Wishing you all the best for your first night back at work :thumb:
I am sure that you will be fine but make sure that you do not overdo things and cause swelling and pain - can you ice at work?
:yahoo:
 
Good morning everyone,
Up-date.....11 weeks & 1 day......
I went back to work last night 7-11, I forgot how much walking I do & as a result daughter stalker has lent me her
Presidential platinum o.d.i.c card :headbang: the first hour & a half was fine. Then my leg decided it didn't want to bend :doh:
By the time my husband picked me up, I was a sniffling mess :boohoo: every muscle hurt except my knee.
Ankle, calf, even my butt cheek hurt :gaah:
I went home iced & had the best sleep yet :happydance: woke up this morning & had therapy & ready to ice again :egypdance:
I give kudos to anyone going back full-time, I can't imagine.
Also we have decided to have a heat wave in Boston ( you all know how I feel about the heat) :yikes:
P.t is trying to keep me going to therapy....my last one is tomorrow :yahoo: I have completed 5 weeks & os said 4-6 weeks.
My rom is 130-0 &i feel with my home exercises & walking &working, I will be just fine :yes!:
Last night I felt hopeless, today I see things in a better light.....I have had a wonderful recovery & for that I am thankful :)
I will get stronger every day & so won't you.
Have a great day my :friends:
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: feeling better every day.....
 
Aww Diana - I hope that your knee is doing better today :friends: But you have done really well to even consider going back at 11 weeks :yay:

That is one of the issues with working even with desk jobs - few people "just" sit at their desk all day - it is the getting up from chairs, doing the stairs/steps and walking to other rooms and locations that is the killer and makes it really tough :rolleyes: Hopefully it will get easier as your knee gets used to the new movements and demands

Take good care of yourself my sunbeam friend :SUNsmile:
 
Ah new knee in June I'm sorry to see you were a mass of aches and pains after last night. I think this will get better as the week goes on. We go off to a new activity and we aren't quite prepared for the extra work on the muscles we forget we have. They do have a way of reminding us that they are still there however. :yikes:
I am walking a little more each day, pushing my legs to go just that bit longer and I now sit here with old fashioned, hold your nose A535 rub on both legs from ankle to hip. :snork: I've decided that I really don't have a lot of pain in my knees and the discomfort in my legs is muscular. They liked being idle so I have to take them in hand!
You know what to expect now and I'm guessing you won't feel as weepy and down tonight. Time and patience, time and patience......
Wanda
 
Just catching up with your thread Diana and I was sorry to read that your knee wasn't too keen on working all those hours :) I agree with the others, it is easy to forget just how much you do at work and unfortunately your knee decided to remind you of that! I admire you for going back and I really hope that tonight goes better for you.

I hope you have been a good girl and spent the day icing and elevating :SUNsmile:

Please don't get down. I think you have had a fantastic recovery and are doing great :yay: Every day you are getting stronger and your knee will slowly and surely start to deal with the new demands.
 
new knee in June I don't want that ODIC membership card back!!! You can shred it if you like! You can't make me take it back! :rotfl: I have had enough overdoing for quite some time. :heehee: I am sorry to hear that you had such a hard time last night. :sad: My way (Wanda) said it well. Listen to her. It gets better. I've been back for 2 weeks and 2 days now. It does get better if you don't overdo it when you are at home. Rest, ice and elevate!!! :SUNsmile:
I hope tonight is much better!

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom