Guest viewing is limited

TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,I am on a stupid ipad and it is hard to post. I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing therapy and bend is ninety.
Staples are out, my doc and husband were talking about the bruins while I screamed my brains out. I cry everyday, but its all good
I think it,s because at the moment I am disabled and unemployed and pretty well bored.
My pt came last week and I cried the whole hour she was there. She,s great gentle but makes sure i work to my ability.
My best to all on this journey
Diana
 
Oh Diana I'm sorry you are feeling so down.:sorry: I think of you everyday and only wish it could help you feel better. Maybe you could try switching pain meds and see if that would help the blues go away? Cheer up, it will get better in time, or so I've read. :thumb:
 
Hi there bored lady! It's hello from another bored lady. I've had a good week with my friend staying but it will be back to boredom now - especially as husband is working away this week.
Oh to be past this stage.
But...a ninety bend is pretty good, crying is normal for lots of us and you say all is good! Well that sounds not too bad to me.
Well done Diana I say! Hugs.
 
NewKnee, before The Lads were nicked/released/stolen I did overhear them discussing you and making arrangements for a visit, so watch out. They have learnt a new minuet-type dance, looks quite good, not unlike RiverDance in parts...Joe
 
Dear Diana - whats a bruin?
:)
Hells teeth Joe - a minuet? I can't wait! :egypdance:
 
Hopper A Bruin is a hockey player. The Boston Bruins. The boys were more concerned with hockey than Diana. Typical male.:gaah: new knee in June I hope the blues are lifting.:SUNsmile: I guess I'm soon gonna know bored. I saw my GP today cause I can't seem to shake this bug completely. He assured me I will be over it before my Replacement but, he also told me it would be a good idea to avoid malls, church, or anywhere there were crowds for the next 2 weeks. He has a point as there are a few different illnesses around. :sigh: School is out in 2 more days so I guess if I'm brave enough to give hubby the shopping list I'll behave. Men in a supermarket .....:yikes:
 
Hello everyone,
Two week update pt is going fine ninety five bend o extension i was told to use i crutch, but my ankle swelled up.
I wake up once a night from knee cramps.
Now. I don,t mind saying i,m a bit concerned about Toni and puffin. I will say a little prayer for them tonight.
My way and joe.....where are my muscular warriors.
My husband is taking tomorrow off work to be with me.......he, the best
Talk soon,
Diana
 
Hi Diana,
Just checking in! I'm sorry to see you are struggling so...I definitely understand the boredom and depression! I think the fact that you have 90 degrees of flex already is wonderful! I have been working like a very sore dog and can only get to 70! My OS told me today that we are shooting for a final outcome of 90 for this leg of mine...as my knee was so badly injured and the repair was so very long ago! So...I celebrate your 90 degrees! Good Girl!
:dancy:
 
I don't have them. Methinks Sonja might have an idea where they are. :rotfl: Toni posted earlier that her swelling is going down and she has no pain at this point. :happydance:I am worried about Puffin as well and I will join you in that prayer tonight.
Sounds like you are doing well!! Way to go. It's good to get a PT that works with you. As for the swelling and the cramps alas, I guess they are all bumps in the road. I'm sure there is smoother going ahead. :bicycle2:
 
How's it going, Diana? Hope you are doing better. I hear you about the iPad--I was fat-fingering everything and every post took 3x as long as it should have. Getting my little laptop in here today made a world of difference. Also have my instruments, but don't quite feel like playing them yet. No hard feelings about what your Bruins did to my Blackhawks Saturday night.
 
:friends: Hope you are feeling OK today Diana

90 degrees sounds fabulous. I have no idea what my bend is as it has not been measured sice I left the hospital :yes: It seems to be going OK but I think that it will go even better once I get my staples out as they are really constraining me and I am scared of pushing the bend too far when I feel them digging in. I'm very jealous that yours are out already - I am stuck with mine until next Monday:groan:

Take good care of yourself and try to rest and remember the mantra
 
Hello everyone,
I am on a little ipad and it is very hard to type. I hope everyone is getting better day by day.
Two weeks three days....last night i finally slept through the night and on my side wonderful.
I am attached to my cpm machine five to six hours a day two hours on three hours off. Exercises three x a day, I
Ice constantly on cpm and over night. I am on one crutch and remember how to do stairs from my last surgery.
I honestly never had any swelling and only have brushing around my ankle. I tried to go to the bank today, I had a bit
Of an episode and started crying uncontrollably, hyperventilating the whole nine yards. My wonderful husband had to put me to bed
Medicated......god bless him...I wasn't, in any pain at all......go figure...I sometimes wonder if the mental aspect of this
Surgery is better than being in physical pain. I think for me i would rather be in mental discomfort.
My dearest puffin and Toni,
I have been thinking and praying for both of you, big hugs coming your way........diana
 
Newknee, there's nothing strange about fits of crying when going into a bank. I do it all the time. I've threatened to take my overdraft elsewhere and I might as well be talking to the wall. Be of good cheer! Joe
 
Joe,
You dear sweet man. No one can make me smile like you can. Not even the warriors...
Thank you so much.......diana
 
Awwwwwww Shucks!!! (grins sheepishly while twisting handkerchief)
 
Hey Diana - you are onwards and upwards I can tell! :)
Side sleeping, out to the bank, pootling on your crutches, smiling at Joe. Oh my goodness - it will be the warriors next!
 
Wow - sounds that your recovery is going fast forward at the moment on one crutch, doing stairs and going to the bank - I cannot do stairs by myself yet

Sounds like the emotions are still a little all over the place - but this is probably the medication

Take care - you are doing so well :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom