TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is fine on my end :happydance:Therapist believes in bone smart "Mantra"
I am getting so :eeeuw: from pain meds. Please everyone go & reassure poor Puffin, she has
had a :thud: :yikes: experience. :console2:
 
Just catching up with some threads despite having mush for brains at the moment:spin: :rolleyes:

So glad that you have made it over to the other side and they seem to be controlling your pain well :thumb: - hope that the Muscle Warriors are fluffing up your pillows and bringing you ice :martini:
 
Hello Everyone,
I don't post often because when I move my head I get sick from pain-meds :sick: I am doing really
well & the only pain I have is the tightness from my stitches :groan:Nurses are wonderful & PT, agrees
with our "Mantra" :yes!:I am sleeping well :sleep: I ave 2 scars, because the doc. had to take out my
hardware from Osteotomy to fit my re-placement in :yikes: I think staples are coming out Wednesday :SUNsmile:
I was right all along.......Life is good !!!!!!! :yahoo:
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
We all understand! Glad to see you're doing well. :friends:
 
Good to hear your progress report Diana. Have you gotton out of bed yet? Hope the nausea goes away soon.
 
Diana, ask for something for the nausea. It helps to be able to move your head.
Glad though that things are going well, otherwise.
 
Can you move your head yet? Hope they have managed to get you stabilized on the anti-nausea meds as it is horrible to feel sick :sick:

You get you staples out on Wednesday? Wow I have to wait until the 24th and until I can get them out I have to leave the bubble wrap dressing on
 
Hello Everyone,

Up-date, day 6....I am really amazed at how much pain I don't have :happydance:My replacement is not even hurting, My removal hardware incision is more painful :tantrum:but nothing I can't handle.
Last night I didn't fall asleep until 3:30am. I was watching "Celebrity Ghost Stories" & scared myself :scary:
I can't handle ghost children & talking dolls :heehee:
I've just washed my hair & in honor of my good friend Izzie :friends:will be painting my nails a neon orange :egypdance:
I plan on sitting out on the deck today, to get some :SUNsmile: 80's.
I am getting 85 bent in my knee & will be happy when I don't need anyone to help me out of bed.
I have no desire for "Muscular Warriors" at the moment :rotfl: I'm sure My Way & Titianlady are happy
about that :rofsign:
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile: LIFE IS GOOD :dancy:
 
[Bonesmart.org] I Made It To the Promised Land
and small improvements make it better. Sitting in the sun and soaking up healing rays is good for the body and the soul.


When you feel up to it, would you please put your surgery date in your signature, as well as what surgery you had (i.e., LTKR, RTHR) like the rest of us do? You can find the instructions here: How to create a signature. ​
​
But please also remember that our membership is international and for clarity use the International Date system being Jan. 10, 2013 or 10 Jan. 2013 rather than 1/10/13 or 10/1/13. Thanks so much for your cooperation. This really helps when responding to questions and concerns.​
​
​
 
Hey Diana, I'm so happy that you have so little pain! I hope to be as fortunate. It's raining and cold here today thanks to tropical storm Andrea, so it's an enforced day of relaxation for me. No beach combing :sigh: i don't think I'm quite up to the lusty lads myself but a nice little cabana boy to massage my poor aching knees might be a plan:heehee:
Enjoy your restful, sunny , pain free day! don't forget to put a little sun block on the incision.:SUNsmile:
 
You sound good Diana. Enjoy those rays!
The bend sounds good and it's ok to have washed the warriors out of your hair for a while. Joe will handle them I'm sure! :)
 
1ELISEA, anyone who wants it only has to ask---then I'll size it to fit for them. I'm perfectly willing to fix up an avatar for anyone who wants one. With some members I can figure out what to select and offer it to them--but with others I frequently don't have a clue what would fit them.
 
Hi sweet Diana! Day six for me as well. I have no idea how I will wash my hair? Standing up bent over the tub with hubby's help I would guess. It will be interesting! I read you had a difficult hospital stay? I am so sorry. I do not sleep well either...up and down, tv on, on my iPad....very restless. Take care my friend :SUNsmile:
 
Glad that things are going quite well at the moment :thumb:

How did you manage to wash you hair? I have had a bed bath but not managed to shower as I am stuck upstairs and the bathroom with the shower chair is downstairs :scratch:

I think we have similar sleeping issues :thud: - I feel rather bad waking my husband to lift my leg out in the middle of the nights. Hoping to get some control back soon :gaah:

Take care of yourself :friends:
 
puffin gazelle7777 Here's a trick to wash:SUNsmile: your hair. Put something like a plastic baby tub or a large pail on the floor by your bed to catch water. While lying on the bed with your head over the side have someone wash and rinse your hair using water in jugs. You may need a few extra towels on the floor.
 
My way
Yes I was thinking of dowing something similar but sitting on a chair in the upstairs bathroom - it is a wetroom so getting the floor wet is not a problem

The bed bath was really nice as my skin got terribly irritated and dry in the hospital - quite a lot has split and is peeling off - so my husband helped my have a sponge bath in warm water with special oil treatment wash (Oilatum)
 
Hello Bottomshallow,
I have tried to start my signature & it say"s I have insufficient privilege"s
I will try back later :ok:
sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom