TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dear bonesmartie friends :friends:,
At my 3 month point & as many of you know....I am doing very well :yahoo: I will be taking a bit of time
Off from the forum. I feel like I only have good news to report & there are still people having a very hard time.
It is very hard for me to hear about others who are not doing as well. It takes a toll on my heart.
I will still be around to give support to my "June sunbeams" :SUNsmile: I love you all..
I will probably post once a week, we'll see how that works :ok:
Prayers to all of you for a wonderful recovery,
Proud leader of the " June sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you for all your support! I am glad that you are doing well. I'm sorry to be such a downer. I seem to be doing something wrong. Take care of yourself. I will miss you and your upbeat messages.
 
So another one is ready to fly!:SUNsmile: before you go just a note to let you know I did get to my beloved beach today!!! (couldn't let you get away with yesterday) :snork: I decided to give it a go.All be it a shortened version but I did it. No ill effects so far. Lets see what tomorrow brings.
keep on movin' on Diana
Wanda
 
My dear bonesmartie friends :friends:,
At my 3 month point & as many of you know....I am doing very well :yahoo: I will be taking a bit of time
Off from the forum. I feel like I only have good news to report & there are still people having a very hard time.
It is very hard for me to hear about others who are not doing as well. It takes a toll on my heart.
I will still be around to give support to my "June sunbeams" :SUNsmile: I love you all..
I will probably post once a week, we'll see how that works :ok:
Prayers to all of you for a wonderful recovery,
Proud leader of the " June sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
Diana :flwrysmile:


Sending love your way Sweet Diana! You have been a blessing to me during my journey with all your positive input..... enjoy your time You are truely a great leader for us the June 2013 Sunbeams... Hey, when we get back can we have another Cabanna Party??? :angel: Joan
 
You have been an inspiration to me Diana and I enjoy hearing about your great progress :) You are a brilliant leader of the June Sunbeams and I am looking forward to you holding your next party :yay: What fun we had that night, I remember laughing so much!
I will look forward to your weekly posts :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Diana!

Congratulations of achieving so much in the 3 months since the operation. You have done what most of us dream about in terms of recovery, getting back to work and getting on with your new "post-knee" life :happydance: :yay:

You have been a wonderful inspiration as head sunbeam :SUNsmile: and I hope that you have a fantatsic time getting on and doing all of those things that you have not been able to do before :dancy: :spin:

Take good care :friends: and have a great time :bicycle1:
 
Good morning my :friends:
Update....3 months....2 days,
Appointment with os this morning, he doesn't want to see me until next june :yahoo: I am released from
Everything knee related..... :yes!: geez what will I talk about :whistle:
I have a funny story....yesterday I went for a walk on my street. I was going down a hill & my legs wouldn't
Stop :beg: I leaned back, because I was going to fast :yikes: my legs had a mind of their own :)
I am going to post to all your forums....I hear some of us are riding horses :shocked:
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: riding horses ?
 
Wonderful news that you are discharged until your 1 year anniversary :yay: :egypdance: :happydance:

So how did you stop in the end? or are you still running ?:heehee: :spin:
 
Great to hear from you Diana and so pleased that you have been discharged until June 2014 :SUNsmile:

Riding horses .... well you could hardly call it riding, more like a scramble on while grimacing with knee pain, a lovely little walk around and a few circles, then a slither off :yay: But the main thing is I did it :happydance:

How are your legs now ... so funny that they had a mind of their own :spin:
 
Good evening :friends:,
Update 3 months, 1 week......work is going great :yahoo: I don't need my husband to help me with anything at work.
I am struggling with the dreaded " energy drain" :mcoffee: any time I do an activity ( gym, walk, work) I need a :zzz:
After, if I take to long of a nap, it messes with my sleep. It is a tricky balance.
My complain this week :heehee: is that my thighs are so tight. It doesn't hurt, but the feeling is :umm:
I only ice every other day now ( I tried to put the machine away ) but it came back out, right next to my bed :shrug:
I tried to put my elevation wedge away, it also decided to make an appearance :shrug:
So goes this " roller coaster" we call recovery :rotfl:
Have a wonderful evening,
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....can I get off this ride, yet... :bow:
 
Hi There new knee in June I'm glad to hear work is going well. I went for an afternoon shopping trip and I can tell you I was beat after a couple of hours. The knees held up fine. The rest of the legs don't like getting back to normal activity! Lazy things! Maybe it's just as well as it keeps me from over doing things.
No,You can't get off this ride quite yet. We're on for a while longer I fear.
Wanda
 
Hi Diana new knee in June! :SUNsmile: Thank you for the update. I see the roller coaster isn't dead. :groan: I am happy to hear that you can do all the work yourself now. :happydance: Sorry your thigh isn't cooperating and you are having the energy drain. As Bionic woman2 would say Ice, Ice Baby! You are doing great! :yay: Keep up the good work.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
My way, funny thing this body. I walked to the mailbox w/a very stiff knee ( what else is new) but that wasn't my only problem. Seems my feet have forgotten how to walk. Lol Wow, what am I 2 yrs old??

New knees, glad you didn't give your knee equipment away to Goodwill. :loll: Yesterday, I called myself cutting back ice and adding a little heat. That's probably why I'm so stiff today! :hissy: Oh well, live and learn. :headbang:
 
Bionic woman2 My feet do the same thing on times. I guess we are like babies just learning what we have legs for. Really though our muscles and ligaments are being put to the test.
Stumbling along together
Wanda
 
Thanks Wanda, my feet need to get it together so I'll be set to dance the night away on our Island adventure. :egypdance: You didn't forget The Grape Man did you? Lol daughter stalker, Knee pain , who else was there the night we planned our get away. :martini:
 
Good morning my :friends:,
Great news......the " roller coaster" broke down last night :dancy: I seized the moment & jumped off :yes!:
They tried to catch me & put me back on, but I was having none of that :no-fin: I put my burly warriors on &
They had the best time. I snuck out past the fence while everyone was watching my warriors...go round & round.
Muscles glistening in the afternoon sun, fig leaves flapping in the wind, oh, my I've excited myself once more :yahoo:
Time to go find my husband :whistle:
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: Jim, where are you :rotfl:
 
Good Morning Diana! Sounds like you are leaping and jumping ahead into your new future with those bionic knees of yours! I hope Jim can keep up with you!@:rotfl: . Best wishes my friend! Joan
 
:snork: :snork: :snork: Diana you sound very excited! So pleased you are having fun and have jumped off the roller coaster :yay:
You sound like you're almost ready to host another party, don't forget to invite me :happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom