Guest viewing is limited

TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
:iagree:

Must be soon time again for a post op party with the warriors :cheers: :martini: :beer: :cheers2:
 
Good morning :friends:,
I hope everyone is feeling well today :) it seems a few of us would like to see my " muscular warriors "
Make a come back :happydance: me included :yes:. At work last night I was trying to think of new adventures.
I really will have a hard time beating my other thread. Nothing can be as great as that :martini: but, we will
Give it the old " bonesmart" try.
Today it will be 97 degrees in mass. :thud: I will be taking the warriors to the beach, there is a roller coaster there
But I will not be getting on it :no-fin: after my house for a sultry back rub, followed by walnut crushing :yahoo:
Then off to the pool for strawberry daiquiris :martini: :happydance: :happydance:
Come on in the waters fine....
On a somber note...prayers to all who lost their lives on 9/11 :angel:
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile:....crushing walnuts by the pool :whistle:
 
97 degrees in Massachusetts? Holy Cow! :shocked: It isn't that warm down here in Florida. I think we are only getting to 90 to 92 with a heat index of 96F. I have to add the F for my overseas friends. Good to know that you won't be riding the roller coaster today. Stay away from the coaster, stay away from the coaster! :snork: Have a great time at the beach! I will get into my pool today with Crown in my hand to celebrate...Oh no..I remember you said I can't do that on antibiotics. :skep:

Have a wonderful day, Diana...June sunbeams leader and walnut crusher! :happydance:
 
Good afternoon my :friends:,
Update 3 months 2 weeks......
I am waiting for my daughter To go to the gym :egypdance: I can't bring my I-pod as I am a rock in' roll
Girl & my music would cause me to be in o.d.i.c :beg: so, no music for awhile.
I need to lose 15 lbs that has settled in my stomach area :sigh:
Do to the terrible, horrible freakin weather ( hot & muggy ) I have been living on salads &
Yogurt. :dancy: so that's a start.
Knee is doing awesome, the rest of my muscles are tight, but it doesn't hurt.
I have been thinking of getting a part-time job during the day, I am a bit bored just working
Nights :umm: I am dreaming of snow storms & shoveling the driveway.
I am so much happier when it is cold out :yahoo: bring on the 20 degree weather :rotfl:
Have a wonderful weekend,
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile:
 
Well if you are all fed up of the heat maybe you should come over here to the UK. Cold and rainy - nearly fell over in the mud in the field today trying to feed my horses! Winter is on it's way. I am very envious - would love to be in Massachusetts or Orlando - by the pool :SUNsmile:

Great to hear your update Diana and I am so pleased you are doing well. Are you sure you want to work in the day as well as the evenings? I think it would be lovely to have the days free and all to yourself :)

When the party begins I think it should have a thread of it's own so it doesn't get lost in someone's recovery thread. We are relying on you Diana to host it but we should all be giving you some ideas so you can get prepared. I would like to request the Texan Cowboys again, not sure who brought them last time but with me just starting riding again I need their instruction :loll:You remember them .... plenty of muscles and ropes :giggle:
 
Hello everyone,
Really tough night :boohoo: my oldest son Dan had a sciatic back problem. His arms got numb, he couldn't
Breathe right :shocked: called 911 & they stabilized him. So, off we go to e.r...I cried all the way there.
He was in so much pain, couldn't walk.
7 hours later ( yes, 7 ) he was seen by a doctor. Pain meds, muscle relaxers & he is now home in bed. M.r.i
Scheduled for later this week.
I am so :zzz:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Diana. Sending lots of virtual hugs to you (((()))) It is horrible when our kids, no matter how old they are, are ill. I hope he feels better soon and that the MRI is done quickly and can shed some light on the problem.
As for you, make sure you get some rest and get that knee elevated, knee pain is the last thing you need right now :boohoo:
Take Care :SUNsmile:
Alison
 
Oh No Diana! I have had pain like that once before and its terrible! I was able to recover after going to a pain managment dr. He gave me a shot in my back that helped IMMENSELY! Hope hes feeling better!
 
Thank you so much for your concern ladies :)
No matter how old our children are ( 26 ) to see them in pain, is the worst thing I can think of. :cry: I am
Tearing up as I write this.
Luisa, you give me hope he will be better :) off to work....( thank god, I work nights )
Take care,
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile:
 
Hello everyone,
Update....3 months...2 weeks.
I have started back at the gym this week, boy, am I weak :rolleyes: I did 2miles on the recumbent bike,
Upper body machines & the elliptical. As I walked past the rowing machine, a tear left the corner of my eye :boohoo:
I wanted to so bad, a little voice said :no-fin: you will never get back-up. I listened to my inner knee & kept walking :bow:
That Velcro ripping feeling keeps trying to rear it's ugly head, ice makes it feel better :yay:
I feel great when I am walking at work, if I sit around I get stiff.
So, for now 2 times a week at the gym for 1 hour is what I will work my way up from :bicycle1:
I hope everyone is doing well on their road to recovery :flwrysmile:
Diana...."June sunbeams" :friends:
 
Diana, I can no longer take it...:groan: I have been carrying the burden of this song for 2 DAYS! I gotta give it you, for you have indeed earned it! :rotfl:

From Hence Forth, you shall be known as........
 
Good morning my :friends:,
I am giving my 4 month up-date a few days early ( Oct.3 ) Does anyone notice if their replacement springs
You forward ? Mine does,in a good way. I went to my sister-in-laws last night & sat for 3 hrs. :shocked: I
Had to get up & stand a few times. I get " zingers" & zaps all the time, they go away, but, boy some of them :gaah:
I can sit on the ground & get up...not a pretty sight :rotfl: I have scrubbed the tub twice :yay:
I feel great when walking ( no limping at all) but, get stiff after sitting. All common I'm sure :ok:
My recovery has been uneventful...no problems at all...straight by the book. For that I am thankful :yes:
I really believe this recovery takes up- wards of a year to recover :dancy: & I am willing to wait.
Considering before surgery I could not walk, I'll take a few aches & pains along the way :happydance:
It can only get better from here :yes!:
Have a wonderful weekend,
Diana..."June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
:yay: :egypdance: :happydance: Excellent news! I wanna be you when I grow up... Sitting on the ground, scrubbing the tub.
Oh yeah! You GO Girl! By the book huh :skep: I just have one little question? Does that book have any WARRIORS in it? :rotfl:

Seriously, happy to hear about your recovery lady. HEAR HEAR! :cheers: and Here! :beer: and here! :martini: and here! :cheers2: Ok, maybe not "that guy." :heehee:
 
Oh DIANAAAAAAAAAAH! I don't think I've been to your before today, except to post your video. SO sorry to hear about your son. Hope he doing better and the MRI shows nothing serious and is free. Free is always good. :o) However, we do what we gotta do for our kids. :yes:
 
Hi Diana! I hope your son is doing better. Sorry I haven't been by your thread in a while. I guess I have been self absorbed lately. I hope you are doing well. Please update us on you and your son. Sending prayers.

Take care!


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Diana,
Agree with the others - need an update on how your son is doing :) And I would also like a puppy update :puppysmooze:

Glad you can get up from the ground and can scrub the tub :tada: You will be doing cartwheels next! I have done some "poo picking" in the horses field today - and walked the wheelbarrow full of it all by myself :happydance: Something I have been wanting to do for ages!

Hope you're having a nice weekend :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Alison,
Update on my son Dan....he was out of work for 4 days, he has been back for a week & has M.R.I on
Oct. 8. He is much better :)
Puppy update....it was up to us & another family, puppy went to other family :puppysmooze: I'm glad, dogs
Are so much work, going out at 4:00A.M in the snow is no fun, neither is stepping in their " presents" :heehee:
I am more a :kittykiss: lady. Just feed them, let them out & snuggle with them under a comforter. It doesn't
Get any better than that :kittykiss:
Do you find it funny how we get so excited about scrubbing tubs & pushing wheel barrels full of manure :rotfl: :rotfl:
We really don't ask for much,
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Diana....""June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom