TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your support :) you are truly the best :friends:
Day 2 back to work.....
I took a little advise from each of you....per daughter stalker s plea, I have burned the presidential
Platnum o.d.i.c card :yahoo: hopefully to never rear it's ugly head again.
Dear puffin...I brought ice to work last night & it made all the difference :dancy:
Dear my way has taught me patience & time :egypdance:
Gazelle & Allison, your well wishes are priceless :spin:
I only see myself getting better everyday. :SUNsmile:
I have cut p.t down to 1 day a week (to work on strength) app. With o.s sept. 5.
Have a wonderful day,
Diana......June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....taking it slow & easy.....
 
Glad that you are able to take it slower and easier and hope that the "icing breaks" help to keep down the swelling - have a great time at work
:SUNsmile:
 
Puffin,
Last night in work I used my ice coffee on my knee ( works very well ) :heehee: if I take it easy i am just fine.
My p.t thinks because I have 10 visits left, I should use them all. I don't think so...every visit is $ 20.00 & gas money to
Get there.
A friend at work was telling me about an ice pack that has clay in it. I'm going to c.v.s &ask about it.
I have a 2 fridges at work, so I can ice :happydance:
Guess who may mow the grass today ? :shrug:
Stay tuned..... :beg:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Well you have found the multiple uses of ice-coffee :heehee:

Have you tried using the disposable koolpaks? I bought a box on Amazon and keep them in the car when I am out and about - you just hit them to release the fluid into the crystals which stays ice cold for around 20-30 minutes

I think that you are doing the right thing by not using all of your PT visits if you don't feel that you need them - you have come so far now that I think that you can do the work on your own now. It may be worth saving them in case you have any future issues that you need to work on
 
Hello everyone,
Update 11 weeks, 5 days.. But, whose counting :heehee: you all where right about work getting better.
Now, only my knee gets swollen ( taken care of with icing & elevating ) the rest of my muscles, ligaments,
Do not hurt anymore :happydance:
I wanted to mention about posture....I seem like I am taller & walk perfectly straight now, it takes a little
Getting use to :shrug: I have not limped since surgery & for that I am grateful.
We all seem to be on the right track to recovery :dancy:
To my :friends: having a rough time ( Toni, brownie, Alison ) I :angel: for the day you are feeling better.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Do you know what - I was thinking just the other day that it feels like I am taller since surgery. I suppose that walking with a bend/valgus knee reduced the height :egypdance:

I am finding that the aches and pains are reducing - the main pain and discomfort that I have right now seems to be caused by the quad adhesion - guess I need to call the OS when I get back from Ireland
 
How are you doing Diana after doing your first week back at work - what a major 1st for you my sunbeam! :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile:
 
Hello everyone,
Update week 12 exactly...3 months on sept.3....
I am getting back to my everyday living :happydance: I am back to work, off heavy duty pain meds for 1 month.
I take an occasional Advil or Tylenol p.m & ice for any aches & pains I may have.
I am finished with o.p.therapy & have completed everything my o.s has asked of me :egypdance:
I still do my exercises 2 times a day & ice & elevate after & also after work :dancy:
My family keeps forgetting about my surgery, because I am walking so well.
No more limping or walking like frankenstein :spin: I am walking so straight I feel like there is an invisible
Book on my head :heehee: I no longer have to think heel-toe, heel-toe when I walk. It just comes naturally.
Our dear Sonja has been so kind as to help ease me back into the gym, & I will be going with my daughter this week.
I have also started eating better, more fruits & water( I tend not to drink enough )

Things I am still working on.....
Every day little aches & pains...I have a burning,Velcro ripping pain on the outside of my knee. Thanks to bonesmart
I know it is normal &treat it with ice. All our aches &pains are quite normal after this surgery.
Swelling above knee on the left, goes down immediately with ice & elevating.
Energy drain....I can be talking & all of a sudden I have to lay down, I can actually feel the energy drain right out
Of my body :umm: very strange feeling....but because of bonesmart I knew about it, so I was not shocked :ok:
I just started eating better.
I followed bonesmart "mantra"to the letter...had great therapy & can finally say
" I am so happy I have my new knee, it was all worth it" :yahoo:
Have a wonderful day,
Diana.....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: .....one step at a time, leads to many miles......
 
Great report Diana, I so need your brilliant report, I have had one of those days when your feeling ****, I start thinking about, am I ever going to be normal again, will I ever stop limping....etc, etc.
You answered all my questions thanks a million. I am 16 days behind your TKR, so I will keep on following bonesmart mantra, as I have been doing, and I will live happily ever after..lol.:happydance:
Bring on 3 mths........I really shouldn't wish my time away, but since TKR I am busting for the next 12 mths to go.
Bring on June 2014...LOL:yes!:

Have a great day.:martini: time for a celebration, for 3mths on Sept 3rd.
Off to bed now night night.:sleep: :yawn: :sleep:
 
Diana! I am so glad you are doing and feeling so well! We are only one day apart on our journey and mirror one another pretty closely. We both need to remember that we still are in the healing mode.... and need to nourish and love our bodies and our new knees! I think positive affirmations help our bodies and our cells and such to accept the new knee and I try to do them everyday! Say guess what? I cut all my hair off... short short short! I had grown it out for 10 years and it seems with my new life I have been given, I am making new choices and changes. It is short, sassy and fun! I woke up this morning and it looked good still! LOL! I hope your week is special, and wonderful Diana. You spread such joy on this board and I so much love hearing from you. You are a ray of Sunshine! :SUNsmile: Your bone buddy, Joan
 
Great report, Diana! I hope things go well tonight! Thank you for the encouragement you have given me!

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
What a great report Diana :) To be able to finally say that you are happy with your new knee and glad you had it done is such a great achievement :yay: I think you have had a brilliant recovery and you have been so inspiring to me and others who are struggling to get going :thankyou:
 
Diana you have made such a great recovery from this surgery :happydance: - I love reading your report of just how far you have come in 12 weeks :yay: yet you still make time to encourage those of the sunbeams whose recoveries have been less stellar :SUNsmile:
 
Hi new knee in June I see our little puffin has returned to the nest a little battered but not broken. How is the job going? I had my first visit to the OS today he is very pleased but said I should have 3 months more before I return! he did give me three letters for my employer with return dates for the end of the next three months so I could return when I felt up to it but the earliest is the end of September. I've been meaning to ask how your kids are doing after the hold up.
please continue to not over do it.
Wanda
 
Hello everyone,
Update.....3 months on sept.3,2013......
I just came from a 1 mile walk along the beach, with my husband & daughter. Yes, I said 1 mile :dancy:
We timed it with the car. After we had lunch outside at a sea food place. I had a "normal"day :egypdance:
I didn't think about my knee once.
The ripping Velcro feeling is gone :hissy: as is the tight band feeling. I can see more definition in the shape of my
Knee. I can do stairs, work &get on with my life :spin:
When I see my os sept.5th I will give him a big hug. I also started back at the gym this week ( slowly )
I couldn't be more happy with my new knee :ok: we are on our way to new adventures ( hiking, canoeing, walking) :yahoo:
Have a great Labor Day weekend,
Diana.....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: .....happy with my decision.... :yes!:
 
new knee in June Did you say beach.....No fair, I can't go there yet! What are you doing!! :hissy: Here I was sitting with a cuppa, legs up and feeling so proud of myself. Then I read this and promptly spit my coffee over the screen. I survived a busy morning shopping for a new stove, groceries and paint and you go to the beach!!!
Seriously though, I'm so happy that life has returned to normal for you. :) I will get there soon. I hope by the time I get to 12 weeks I will be able to get as far as my comfy rock.
So that "velcro" sensation fades sooner rather than later? I hate that one!
Wanda
 
Wow - a mile sounds fantastic Diana :dancy: I can really understand how great it is to just feel "normal" again wiithout having to think about or plan around the knee and/or pain (something that I am finding especially frustrating at the moment).

Have a great weeken and give yourself a huge pat on the back :yay:
 
Oh Diana Diana Diana, you are an inspiration to all of us. You always support everyone on this forum and we love you for it. I am so glad to know you are healing so well and enjoying life. Best wishes
 
:yay: 1 mile on the beach - well done Diana! You are doing fabulously well. Must be lovely to not have to think about your knee at all - I am not there yet and have a way to go - but I will get there eventually. So glad you can see some definition to your knee too :SUNsmile:

Have a lovely weekend :goodpost:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom