Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Angel, which surgeon is this that's refusing to do your second knee?

The new one I recommended?
The old one who did your first TKR?
Or the old one who works with your original surgeon but who did your revision?

@Jamie



The new one that work with old one. Ins is question me. And I said second option doc I'm stay with. Cause Dr G had already had partial secheadule I stopped that real quick. I said u ain't getting no more money.
They have already did this to me last time. Injections 2 rounds then the other kind. And numbing one. So I said no. I walked out. Cause I don't know what there up to.

So Dr S wants to do some kind metal allergy testing. I have moderate scar tissue. My bend is at 112-118 that is with force and tears while gritting my teeth. Anyway I have 2 pt next week and we will see what happands. The pt and I can fill knots. So he thinks I need some more images like ct or mri.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
. The astym. But they use like warm ultrasound jelly.

This is not my leg but it's technique they use.
Also they use this it's called hiva mat. It takes swelling down.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.



They use this to [its a killer agervating. I can only do 2 springs 3 makes me burn in quad. ATTACH=full]33568[/ATTACH]


So @Jamie I don't know what it's going to happen. I set back and wait. I explained to Dr S nurse there is something bad wrong.

Anyone who has a knee replace that moves knee side to side. Can anyone fill implant moving is what I want to know???

None of my friends can fill there's.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1443283186.250843.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 212
Geez Angel frustration after frustration. You're too young to feel so bad all of the time. You should be out enjoying your kids and being able to work. Not sure why these docs aren't seeing how much pain you are in. My heart goes out to you....


I don't know. I can get out but it agervates my leg and it swells. I am unstable on my knee to. So as I'm 37 it's age card. Ya can see the pain when I walk set and bend. It's inside like deep sharp ache.


I am working some. Got me a part time job. Right know I will make it full when I am able. Found this commonly in state I live and love them. . There is this couple I know and we'll I do waver for them. That is there getting a medical card and I help with them. Like cook and personal care etc. Just something easy know.

But I will go for the more later. For the part I enjoy will be when I can get out with our pain. Don't have enough bend to get in our truck yet. Or in back seat of any vehicle. Ouch.

Would it just aches all time and I fill implant moving.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Arghh. Too much frustration. Hope you get some solutions soon



Thanks hope all is well with you. It's a frustrating journey. Where I know there is something wrong and they have to search. Symptoms don't matter. I fill implant move and there is pain.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hang in there. Is operated knee any better this week? I have a week left before my revision. I will keep you in my prayers.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Would a cortisone shot in the natural knee help? I'm getting ready to order another set of shots for my natural knee, hoping to buy some more time. I don't really remember a lot of pain with my TKR (except for the first day or so), I just don't want to go through another infection, I think that's why I'm holding out.

My PT used ASTYM for scar tissue because of the second surgery incision. It hurt like the dickens while they were doing it, not bone hurt, skin hurt. Not sure if it was helpful in achieving ROM, but I was/am able to bend without pain.​
 
Hang in there. Is operated knee any better this week? I have a week left before my revision. I will keep you in my prayers.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum


Neither knee is good. Operated knee is making loud pops. And I move side to side and fill it moving and it's painful.

Great you on the road to new life finally. Xxxx your in my prayers to. Good luck. Look forward to reading post.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Would a cortisone shot in the natural knee help? I'm getting ready to order another set of shots for my natural knee, hoping to buy some more time. I don't really remember a lot of pain with my TKR (except for the first day or so), I just don't want to go through another infection, I think that's why I'm holding out.

My PT used ASTYM for scar tissue because of the second surgery incision. It hurt like the dickens while they were doing it, not bone hurt, skin hurt. Not sure if it was helpful in achieving ROM, but I was/am able to bend without pain.​



I have had about 20 or more different injections in them since I was a kid.
They seem to work for two-three weeks. But I can't keep doing that because it gets annoying going back-and-forth to the doctor every week.

The astym really hurts me,leaves bruise on me to. It hurts when he runs it over my leg or she rented over my leg whoever does it, because I can feel the Notts in there. And they're not big not their huge in some areas. Some areas have small knots but the hole in the front and back is covered in them. He said it was moderate to severe's scar tissue.

Also he is concerned about the instability of me walking Leg goes right out from under me. And i often have to grab to keep from falling. Sometimes it does and I fall or stumble. But it's weak.

When I am doing exercises I start out on the bike,then I go in there and do some kind of leg presses on a Cushion. Then he does some gentle stretching. Then some bends. StRifht leg. Then he will use them 2 tools on me. And then I do ployts. Then bend stretch and all breaks in between. And then he put heat and weights on it. Then mini squats and then some more bend and extension. And after it's over game ready.

A lot of it is uncomfortable but I do it but if it gets too uncomfortable he or she stops and we go to something else. So this past month half I've had better therapy since partial. There gentile and don't leave my side.

They make sure I get best quality of care. Know we don't alsways do them in that order and I don't do all them. There is more we split them up.

The bending is the worst. I can't get past like 110-116-118 is highest. But extension is
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.



It's been a hard journey since December. I figured in March it would have been easier. Wrong lol. But I am proud to say all my heart work has paid off. Not all the way to where i want to be.

I still have pain every day. It's like 4-6 I can't sleep at all cause leg aches. But since this last therapy I can finally clean house some. Cook some I can't do steps though to basement to do laundry. The kids help me a lot. I do have to still take breaks.

The things I want to be able to do is stand for longer times. Bend bend bend lol. Get in and out of tub. On and off couch with our pain. And sleep lol. I want to be able to walk around in store with out stopping. And I want the aches to go away.

I want to be able to do things that I used to do it I have any pain. I know it will come. Just wish it would hurry.

Most of all I DONT want to be able to fill or hear my knee it's freaky.

ANYWAY I WENT ON A RAMBLE LOL.
But in all of it I'm proud of the success.





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
By the way anyone answer.

Can any one fill there knee moving or hear it when they move side to side❓


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
In the first year every new thing I did brought new sounds and clicking. Walking a certain way, stairs, then at 7 mo this when I went back to swimming it was clicking and my natural knee was clicking too, but it hurt when it clicked. There were times I would move in my sleep and the knee seemed to lock or get stuck. It didn't hurt to change its position, I just had to think about it. That hasn't happened in a year.
 
It's just weird. I move side to side and fill it moving. Hurts and also mine locks in sleep to. Wakes me. But I don't sleep. More like light naps.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Angel. So sorry to hear all you've been thru. My heart breaks for you
Sometimes it's just not fair. Can't you possibly leave Ashland and find a more compassionate surgeon?
Prayers for you
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Angel. So sorry to hear all you've been thru. My heart breaks for you
Sometimes it's just not fair. Can't you possibly leave Ashland and find a more compassionate surgeon?
Prayers for you
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®


Thanks @susanne

It's been a mess here lately. I just am agervated. I am seeing another doc. He is in state where my mom lives. He is stating tests for allergies. And other issue to see what is wrong with knee. He is nice. Just all by the book. Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad to hear you are able to see someone else to see you, I think allergy testing is a good idea.
 
@Pumpkln. It's the same doc as Jamie requested. I guess he sees I'm having lots difficulty. Just glad mind is at ease some.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope you get some answers soon. I have a six month follow-up next week and am asking about all the little noises I hear coming from my knee that no one else seems to hear. LOL
 
Hope you get some answers soon. I have a six month follow-up next week and am asking about all the little noises I hear coming from my knee that no one else seems to hear. LOL



I have that problem to. As also mine is unstable. Have frequent catch self spells.

Hope all goes good for you...

I'm doing fair still lots pain and restless nights. Answers I wish they was here. It' fill weird to move it. I can fill it,fills like it's going down leg. And move knee to Side and fill it moving.

No one else's knee does that.
Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom