Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

@Angel1978 well that sounds ok. Hope your pain is under control and that those PTs go easy on you today. Hang in there girl :)


My pain is alright. I'm Hanging in there. The Pt is easy on me. I'm waiting for next apt. Can't wait to see what' Happands next ❌❌❌❌❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Quick update. Have bad scar tissue in my right knee. Aches pretty bad. Bend is at 100-117 depend on if I loosen up on bike.

Right know I'm not awaiting other knee. The pain kills me. I fill the rip when I get up and down. And when I walk.

I'm waiting on call form Dr S. So waiting to see what happands. I want him to do the sugary. But I guess I will wait to see.

I want my life back. I want to be able to cook and do chores. Mainly want to be able to walk around local park.

Hub and I are going to paint the porch. I get to set down lol. Then he said he wants to put mulch in. And put the decorations up for Halloween for kids.

I know I can't do that cause it's lots bending and high reaching. Me and kids may make 4 dummy's. Just depends on what they want to do.

Anyways the see Dr G Thursday for evaluation and testing. So what to do is in my mind. .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You want Dr. S to do the surgery on your other knee? Do you know what Dr. G is testing for?
 
@KarriB. I so want Dr S to do it. But he is give me down road and it's game. No idea at all it's just odd. He said mri,X-ray,ct scan blood work. Ins won't pay for all that. Maybe Mri for proving diagnosis. But they did that last year with Dr L. So just as confused as I was.

I want my life back. I can't stand the pain it's drive me crazy. I'm so unstable with my legs. You got right knee stuck and not bend good. Pop swell ache.

Left knee constant deep sharp pain with every move. I dread to set down stand up. When I do set down I dread the ache of sit to long. And sleep is over rated.

My Hub ask me why do I stand after setting for a few min. I said well I'm stiff and I ache. Just constant nagging. It's drive me mad. But soon I will know. In 2 days. Know weather I jump on the Oct 2 sugary date depend on Dr S. If he is willing to do it then yes I will wait.

But I'm on list for Dr G on the 2nd. I am antsy on waiting and nervous. But I want my life back. I can't bake and I can't stand for long periods of time.

Steps remains hard for me. It's like I am stable. So kinda at a rock and hard place. I want so bad for it to be over with. I would have been so much father if I would have went and stayed with Dr s in beginning. But I could not cause I would have been in agony
had to wait 3-6 months for any thing to be done.

So it's kinda like I am there again. I just am speechless.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Angel, I'm sorry you're still having trouble. 6-8 months post op is sort of a transitional time for many patients, at least it was for me. I think your swelling and stiffness will gradually subside. When you paint make sure you change positions frequently and take breaks. Ask me how I know: I did a crazy amount of painting in June/July all by myself and my knee was NOT happy. Time flies when concentrating on the task at hand, therefore consider setting an alarm to remind you to move around every 15 minutes. Best wishes on whatever is decided regarding your other knee.
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


What my knee look like


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh my gosh you've had a time of it Angel! I can't believe you have any patience left! Hopefully this holding pattern you've been in will be over and you'll be moving forward soon. Many many hugs. :)
 
Thanks Yal. It's been and is quite a journey. But at this point any news is better.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well I went to the doctor today. Dr. G made me really really really really mad. He said you have a alignment issues. You have bone on bone but I'm not going to do surgery on you I said why. He said you're too young I got up and I walked out


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Angel- I've read some of your thread and I am sorry you have been through so much trouble with your knee(s).
The doctor has told you he will not do surgery- do you mean on your non-operated knee or the one you had done already?

Also, If you have struggled this much with your first knee replacement, why are you so anxious to get the other one done? I would think that you would want to wait until you resolve the issues in your first replacement before pursuing a second one- and am surprised that a doctor would operate on your other knee knowing the issues you have had with the first one.

Please correct me if I am wrong here, I am just a bit confused.
 
Sorry to hear the OS dismissed you because of your age. Did he offer any other solution, such as injections, off loading brace, or a referral to an OS who does carticel autologous chondrocyte implantation. Not sure you are a candidate for any of these, but at least he could have been more helpful with suggestions.
I know you are limited in OS's in your area and are now between a rock and a hard place.
Dragonfly asks some good questions, I will be interested in your response.
 
Angel- I've read some of your thread and I am sorry you have been through so much trouble with your knee(s).
The doctor has told you he will not do surgery- do you mean on your non-operated knee or the one you had done already?

Also, If you have struggled this much with your first knee replacement, why are you so anxious to get the other one done? I would think that you would want to wait until you resolve the issues in your first replacement before pursuing a second one- and am surprised that a doctor would operate on your other knee knowing the issues you have had with the first one.

Please correct me if I am wrong here, I am just a bit confused.



Thanks for reading. Reason I want to get other knee done is because I can't stand the ripping pain. I can't walk and I am unstable with walking.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Non operated knee is bad.

Revision knee is slowly getting better. But it's real slow.

Infections I don't know why he is doing this. Old os must be in some kind trouble to drop me.

Injections rooster Cone. Never heard of them. Had other injections before. But never helped.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Angel, which surgeon is this that's refusing to do your second knee?

The new one I recommended?
The old one who did your first TKR?
Or the old one who works with your original surgeon but who did your revision?
 
Geez Angel frustration after frustration. You're too young to feel so bad all of the time. You should be out enjoying your kids and being able to work. Not sure why these docs aren't seeing how much pain you are in. My heart goes out to you....
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom