Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

@mickeyears70

Thanks for the advice. As I am bone on bone. I've had a lot of complications. But it's finally easing up. But saddens me. Because the other doc won't take me. Due to ins reasons.

@Kansas Teacher Dr Goodwin is a great doctor. I know he has did many revisions and a friend of mine has both knees by him and he is doing good.

I am willing to do anything to get my life back. Thanks for all the replays. I am waiting will know more on the 24tg...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Angel, I was just checking on you and catching up on your thread. I'm sorry about everything you've gone through so far! I hope you will have a great experience with Dr. Goodwin!
 
@Clipless
Thanks for checking in on me. I am just ageevated about all this ****. I'm doing well. Walking more with less pain. I still have aches but I'm ok... My legs bother me at night. But I take a pill and I'ce.

I hope Dr Goodwin is as good as other such as bed side manner. And one who says prayers for you before the procedures.

I've had him a few time just as fill in for os when he had appoiments. And one time when he look at leg when was sore.

As far as pt. Yeh it's helping. But I'm sad that Dr S was pulling the age card on me. And he said the 3 sets X-rays compared. He tells me alignment and scar tissue one time. And even took my aunt who is a nurse and she heard him. Then story changes. All I can say is oh well.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


Setting outside enjoying the evening. Have a sick kiddo and sick mom. He has respiratory virus. And I have something. Have not been doc yet. I cough or sneeze and oh it kills me. Just waiting for apt tommrow. Then will find out what going on. Sucks to wait. Been using throat spay,tusslin pearls,cough drops. Warm tea and soups. It's been a mess.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You've gone through so much with the right knee, as Karri (my tablet wants to change your name to Larry) said up thread I hope you have quite the uneventful recovery with the left!



Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just catching up on your thread Angel....so sorry you have to go through all this. I'm praying that your new doctor does an absolutely wonderful job on your other knee and that you will have a fantastic recovery! Just think, in a month, yoursecond knee will be done! Keep doing the cycling and using the ice....I'll bet your first knee will rise to the challenge of becoming the "good knee" after #2! In the mean time, hope your son and you feel better soon! Sending hugs....


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hello everyone.
Had another apt at Huntington. He basic said. Mrs D. Your young. Your lag is weak. And time heals. X-rays show aliment. But know it's aligned hmmmmmmm to me. But I see scar tissue but not enough to fix. It will make u worse. You ins is out of network. It would require a fair hearing. I'm willing to do that. But I do not want to fix your left. I see aurtiotious. But pt Meds can fix that. I don't like to do knees till over 50. I was nice and said thanks for your time.

Today has been a good day. Actually this past week has been. Yes I've had pain. But I need to think I've had 2 sugarys. One that failed and one that was a success...

The only thing my knee does is not bend good. But i must be patient. And that is hard to do. But I am not in the pain I was before. I can walk and know stand for longer with out agony.

I still do have swelling. But they look good to me. And fill better. I do Ice a lot. And it seems to help more. I do have to take Meds. But not as often maybe 1 time a day if I'm doing stuff. And night time. I have the RLS and I have requip 5mg. Seems to work till it wears off then I am awake. It's annoying.

Went to take my boy to Cincanatti yesterday for pre testing for spinal sugary to straighten his back. And ooo the ride was so uncomfortable. Lot more from when I had went to kings island. It felt like the ride home lol. Anyways when I got out of the car I was so stiff and could not get moving lol. But when I did if was not bad. The walking through the hospital was rough. Cause he had lots of testing and Cincinnati children's hospital is huge lol. But it was worth it.

I've been back on Celebrex 3x day for swelling. My thoughts is it does better than napersin. But it's all good.

Think my legs was so bad before it started. And should have been fixed first time. But I don't know reasoning behind it. I can honestly say today is awesome. There is ache but not sharp deep nagging pain.

I find that if I'm not doing a lot I don't hurt hardly at all. If I am cleaning by time done o kills me. So have pace my self. And take some breaks. Have managed to be able to make I lap around park. I mile. And play set down maybe 2-3 times as before it was after 1-2 minutes. Yay me. And have been using skateboard for bend and a belt. I put foot in sheet and bend. Doing better.

But thanks everyone for the thoughts,prayers,positive words.

Bend is know 118 last time and extension FINALLY 0

This journey has been rough on me. It still don't fill like a real knee. But since this last session of Pt. using the Astym tools and electrodes.

Hurts me that this other doc won't work with me. But I will work to have the recovery I want.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Bummer. but clearly you are doing better slowly but surely!

Hope all goes well with your son's surgery. When is that scheduled for?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
 
Angel, this is such a positive-sounding post!! You made my day! Things are getting better! That's ok that this new doctor doesn't want to do surgery. Sounds like it's not necessary at this point. You are 118/0.....that's awesome! And it's going to continue to improve! We are all impatient, especially when we've struggled so much. You are definitely on the right track now! Good luck to your son....hope everything works out for him.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Angel thanks for the update. It does sound like you are seeing gradual improvement, and patience may be the most important thing now. Your determination and perseverance have been so important to get you to this point, too. I hope your son's surgery goes well.
 
Angel thanks for the update. It does sound like you are seeing gradual improvement, and patience may be the most important thing now. Your determination and perseverance have been so important to get you to this point, too. I hope your son's surgery goes well.



Thanks I have the best surgeon. He made my daughters back straight. He has some lung issues cause I'f schoolious. But he is a good kid.

It's been hard. And I've been working at it. But not to the point where it's killing me. Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Angel, this is such a positive-sounding post!! You made my day! Things are getting better! That's ok that this new doctor doesn't want to do surgery. Sounds like it's not necessary at this point. You are 118/0.....that's awesome! And it's going to continue to improve! We are all impatient, especially when we've struggled so much. You are definitely on the right track now! Good luck to your son....hope everything works out for him.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®



Yes it needs to be done. I am bone on bone. And it's hard to get up and down. But right know I'm focusing on getting right stronger for left. And then I will be alright.

Thanks my boy is good kids Haz respitery issues where he is curving badly. But we have a great doctor. He was one who got my girl 100% straight and has been for 3 years. I would post pics. But I don't want to be in trouble. Thanks for caring and keeping up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
His sugary has no date yet. Cause we have some more testing to make sure he can tolerate it. Lung function tests. Metal allergy tests. Mri blood work and bone scans.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Bummer. but clearly you are doing better slowly but surely!

Hope all goes well with your son's surgery. When is that scheduled for?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk



Yes I am. Not saying it's easy and I am pain free. But I don't have the bad pain. Nor the cramps and unsteadiness. Taking it slow at walking. And using a crutch. Kills me about other doc. But it's meant this way.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Angel,
Glad your revision knee is doing better. I am sick about the other OS too. With time you will make it and have your life back. Remember the tortoise won the race!
 
:wave: Hi @Pumpkln i am glad to. Lol took long enough. It's been hard and lots pain and tears. But I had to suck that up. And get my self tougher. I know what to expect know. I'm ready for my life. I am sick about other surgeon. But I can't stop his decision. And if I try to Appeal would be longer.


I've come to relize I have to keep pushing for my life. Nothing comes free and easy. I am disgusted it took so long. But as it does take time. And lots of patience. Knew replace is no easy job for severe damages knees.


But I know this next one will be easier. Cause I won't have to have 2 procedures done. It will be done right. I know I can't say it will be correct. But in my mind it will be.
 
Honestly, @Angel1978 it could be a blessing to wait a bit for the other knee. It will give you time to get the TKR a little further along. My left needs done, but I'm holding out. I'm 20 months out of surgery and my knee doesn't feel like a real knee. I'm not sure if it's because I have one TKR and one natural knee, but it doesn't hurt. Today I was doing squats in the pool and showing off to my friend who had the wrong knee put in and only has limited ROM (90 maybe). As your TKR gets better it'll take pressure off the other knee, that's what mine did. My left hurt SO much while I was recovering, but now it only hurts when I get up after sitting for a long time.
 
Hi @KerriB

I can't wait. As I can't walk good. It's killing me. I fill the rip and pain in it.
My new knee is getting to where it just bothers me at night or if I do a lot on it. Or long car rides. But it's not near as bad. Since the Celebrex is been in my system I'm doing better. I've added Prilosec to again to keep me from being sick. But I'm good.

It don't fill like a reg knee yet. But each day it's getting easier. As far as left it kills me. Each walk is agony. When I set down its rip and burn and ache. I had to do it. My mom is ill. My hub is ill to. And my kids need me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom