Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

I know how being helpless can be. My exam today just upped the antie by going beyond the other opinion I got.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum


What did they say??? I tell you this recovery is hard. And I'm so ashamed of have to go to reg os for revision. But the ins was mess me around. Say start over. Well here I am again. Any way it's been a nightmare.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am so depressed. I don't see what everyone is missing. I keep falling. My leg keep locking up when I walk. Oh well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi. Just thinking about you
❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks everyone. Well I went to Huntington. And they would not help me. So I went to other revision specialist. Said its just scar tissue. And in time it will break up.

So oct 2-4 not sure of which day but o will be having the Left knee don'e.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm so sorry you're still struggling, @Angel1978 . I'm praying answers will be soon. When do you go back to the OS and are you still doing PT?

Roxie



Scar tissue. And Pt and Meds is helping some. Will be have left done in Oct. can't wait.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow! You're having the left knee done soon! Hope you're right knee can handle the added stress. I'm back to school now, so my knees are getting quite a work out. Are you able to bike at all?
 
Wow! You're having the left knee done soon! Hope you're right knee can handle the added stress. I'm back to school now, so my knees are getting quite a work out. Are you able to bike at all?



In all honesty yes. But stationary olmy. And the pain is down to a aggravating ache. Well my back and hip is hurt from walking the way I fo


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Don't think it matters what you are biking on, the motion of cycling is so good for loosening your knee it will help. Hopefully the next one will have an unremarkable recovery.
 
New. Leaf is old.
Same practice just dif doz


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wait - @Angel1978 - who is Dr. S? You said that he saw the alignment issue - I thought he was the new doctor. Which one is the doctor that Jamie found for you?
 
Wait - @Angel1978 - who is Dr. S? You said that he saw the alignment issue - I thought he was the new doctor. Which one is the doctor that Jamie found for you?



Dr S. But he pulling the age card on me. And said the 2nd set of X-rays show no alignment problems. Was at beginning but he did the special peace together X-ray. Trust me I'm mad. But ins is not wanting to pay. There is no definite issue. Scar tissue is what he put. And dr s works with a doc I dispise


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Mary, like you, I was 36 when I had my first TKA for my right knee. I waited almost two years to get the doctors to approve, even though I had bone on bone. They tried shots and physical therapy but there is nothing you can do for bone on bone.

My biggest worry is what will happen when I have to replace the knee for the 2nd time. Even if the knee lasts 20 years, I will be only 56 years old when it is replaced. It was one of the reasons I held off replacing my left knee as I did not want to replace the TKA on both knees at the same time. The good news as more and more people have this surgery it will only improve.

Like the others stated, ICE is your friend. I even keep ziploc in my purse so I can ice my knee where ever I can find ice. This is very useful if you are at Disney or on the golf course, you can get ice anywhere.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom