Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

AFAIK cellulitis is a skin infection that is nothing to take lightly. Definitely take all the antibiotics.
 
Went to a session by doc. Manual minuplation. They put gel on knee and took some weird tool and rubes it down. And ouch ouch I could fill the bumps. He said it was adhesions and scar tissue. Lots of it.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


Took some of the swelling down... And some of the bumps away.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
They used some kind of weard gel. And some weird plastic object and rub down leg in weird motions.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I had a friend who had that done for some ankle issues. She said it was very painful but that it did help.

Roxie



I have no idea what it was. Gel was hot and thing he used look like a handle of a comb. And ooooo oh it hurt. I could fill the bumps. He said its was manually minuplation. Or something like that lol. But swelling went down some. And they use for ice packs. What they call game ready. And it felt good..... ❌❌❌❌❤️❤️


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I loved the GameReady! I told the PT peeps I was going to sneak it out the door (which would've been quite impossible with the $?K piece of equipment!). The combination of compression and icing was great. They always elevated my leg for additional help when they used it after a PT session.
 
Sort of sounds like ASTYM with the comb like thing. It was the only time I hurt a bit at PT, but it's something to do with soft tissue therapy.
 
Sort of sounds like ASTYM with the comb like thing. It was the only time I hurt a bit at PT, but it's something to do with soft tissue therapy.


I don't know. I would love to have info on it. But if u see image it did that to me. But I am not as sore. Still stiff
As can be. And I can walk some what better. Know as far as pain and pop yes I do have it. It's all a nightmare. Go back sept 3 to new OS.

They didn't call me back when I left several messages about leg busting open. Oh well show how much they care. Know Old OS would have call me back so thinkin...


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Yes, ASTYM is what my friend called it too -- I just couldn't remember the name of it. She said it was painful but, as they did it over a period of time, it got less painful. But she did say that it was helpful and I would think that the fact that you are walking some better is a good sign.

And Pumpkin is right. Do not consider going back to your old OS -- wait out the new one.

Roxie
 
Ohhh I'm not. I would not dare. He and staff did not care. Just for a bill lol. Anyways i can walk a bit better. The pain is there. But I have deal. Just few more weeks to see OS. And I assume I will know his plan.

I will also let him know his staff did not call me back. After I've left 5 messages.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Yes, ASTYM is what my friend called it too -- I just couldn't remember the name of it. She said it was painful but, as they did it over a period of time, it got less painful. But she did say that it was helpful and I would think that the fact that you are walking some better is a good sign.

And Pumpkin is right. Do not consider going back to your old OS -- wait out the new one.

Roxie



Ohhhh it does hurt. But I do notice a difference. I am not going back. Just thinking and wounder why they did not call me. Cause I've left few messages about leg busting open and pain. ❌❌❌❌❌❌


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
You have given the old OS 2x to get your knee right, please don't even think about going back.


I'm not I'm just thinking wonder why they didn't call me back.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Thanks for the clarification!



Welcome I would not dare to spit my self in danger again. I just want to be able to bend. I have a video I want share. But don't know how. Just want to see if anyone kknee does it.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Just some questions.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


Just bored and can't sleep.

I don't know if u can see it. But on the right side of it there is sunk in place. Has anyone had it before?

Also at bottom I have white discoloration. Look like dry skin but is not. I've rubbed lotion.

Also does anyone get swelling in some areas and not all? I have these pockets that look like puffy nots.

On the side in middle oh so does it hurt deep to even touch it.

Busted leg today on a table edge trying to hook hub med equipment up. Oh so did it and still hurts. Just caught mid of incision and side. I said lord what next...

My balance is getting worse. I do use crutch to keep weight off. The therapy the new OS doc making me take is easy... They don't push me. He try to help me break up that scar tissue and adhesions.

Don't understand why he did it and I could fill it. Jair real strange how the bumps on incision was not as painful as the sides. Know I almost went off table when he did the back... Topped back stung. Middle was tolerable. Bottom down leg and sides it's was unbearable,and I like to bit hole in lip. But when I was able to get done it felt different.

And the game ready machine is fantastic. This is so much different than other sessions of pt.

So far he did some stretches but he did the work. And stopped when he saw my pain. Some gentle heal sides side to side. Using a plastic sheet of some kind and a towel. Also he did some kind of masadge... Did it like 4 min in every part. After like a min it went numb. He did each one 6 min in 4 areas. Tolerable... They said they have this up lifter they want me on what ever that is...

He ask me my goals. I said be able to walk with out pain. Walk jog,laps in park. Go roller skating again. And most of all be able to go back to work. I had great job. Love the evening one. Setting with a amputee. His wife does a lot. I am like companion. Known them for about 5 years. Hub is good friends with them. Before he lost leg he work sigh hub. Anyways they treat me like I'm there flesh blood. She has had both knee replace 1 year apart and she does awesome. Makes me jelious


Hope mine does better. It's been such a hassle and nightmare. Just hope this new OS would see my point. I'm in pain. It pops. Why can't u help me. Instead of pulling age card.

Anyways what is weird. Ins would not give me therapy the 2nd time around. But it was limited visits and sessions was real short. And they questioned me and gave me rough time. This new pt place had no trouble getting it all I had to do is verify on phone. The weird questions and things they said totally confused stumped me was...


Note I already went through this with fights and some kind meeting at old place for them to say a ton of things that that was dumb. Oh yeh and offer me free sessions with anyone who is free for 2 months. Yeh lol they killed me.

1- Why did u need knee replacement? Because I'm on me feet all the and I have pain and there Stopping my life..

2 Why do ya need physical therapy
when u had some come in 3- times week in Dec and March. I said well let's see new knee,And i have learn how use it issues and need to be able to use the new knee That is what all the designs excerises for. But this is easier.

3: Why did u need second sugary? I said implant was not in good. So body was rejecting it. And told her all other stuff doc said.

4: Why did u change places to have therapy. I said cause the other 2 places are to rough. She said far enough.

To many questions I've went through it so many times. There agervatin gives me headache. I hate to see about next sugary..: I will deal with pain. Cause it's to hard to find other docs with out wait wait. Or in my case age. I don't have no patience.

Back to pt topic. This time around in Pt . It's more focus on extention,bend... And other things to get leg moving right. It's real stiff in there... Soooooooo just hoping that I can get some relief. ❌❌ it's a waiting game.


Today just set on couch. And laid some with ice. The pain is unverifiable. Each day is weird like I am in beginning stages.

Bend is 87 extension is -16 but toward end went to 94 and 12. Just went down hill. Blah blah. But can walk a little better. Still painful and can't bare weight on it good for
up/down... But km positive this all will work out for the best.








FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi Angel! Can't sleep either and was able to catch up with your thread. You poor girl, you have been through so much. It sounds as though there is good hope that you may turn the corner with this new OS and new PT. Just the fact that you are feeling a little better after your last session is promising. Hang in there girl!!
 
Hi Angel! Can't sleep either and was able to catch up with your thread. You poor girl, you have been through so much. It sounds as though there is good hope that you may turn the corner with this new OS and new PT. Just the fact that you are feeling a little better after your last session is promising. Hang in there girl!!



Thank you. I appreciate comment. I so hope this all helps me. It's been a nightmare... Today o was weak...


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Well I got a call from the new nurse OS. She said she wanted me to come in on Friday... She said because of swelling pockets in knees and cuz of the top busting. So I will know more..


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Back
Top Bottom