Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

If it is infected, you'll need an infectious disease dr to diagnosis what type of infection and the treatment. So finding one could be the answer.



They brought one in. And it's not infected. They did some kind of weird tests and scan. She even brought dermatologist I'n. Im ok. Just hanging around and waiting. They said some knees Pop oh well.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Please hang in there and keep fighting for answers.

Roxie


I'm trying. But it's really getting depressing. Lay down move and pop or hurt. Docs dont care.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Angel ouch that looks so painful im so sorry this happened. Last year i had a total hip replacement that got mrsa. Five surgerys later and along time on a picc line im doing ok accept for my knee. Your in my thoughts and my prayers take care:)



What wrong with knee? I will have to look at post later when on wifi. We moved so cable not hooked. Thanks for checking on me. Prayers much needed. I'm trying to take care. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
If it is infected, you'll need an infectious disease dr to diagnosis what type of infection and the treatment. So finding one could be the answer.

They called one in. Just gave me cream to rub. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Ouch, that has to hurt, that blister thing is defiantly drainage like Josephine mentioned.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Said its dry skin. It does drain. But heck os alswsys busy.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Josephine is the expert here, so I'm saying I agree with her. But I truly do. Did the OS aspirate near the knee? Are you running a fever and is your knee exceptionally warm? What comes out when it breaks open?
My incision seeped through what looked like a closed incision after my first surgery, then continued to seep after the 2nd wash out surgery, even while on antibiotics. Really your knee shouldn't be breaking open. I'd be heading to the hospital ER where the new OS works out of. That's the best way to be seen sooner.



I did. He not there or on call. They report to him. No aspirations or fervor. No reason for it. Just dry skin. Just Agervates me.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Angel,
Dry skin would not be causing all your problems.
What they told you sounds like a load of rubbish to me. How can they tell it's not infected if they don't do any tests on what is draining? They can sometimes tell if you have an infection by doing blood tests as well.

What date is your appointment with the other surgeon? I hope it is soon.
 
Celle is right. To decide if you have an infection samples from tissue have to be taken, then cultures grown. If you have surgery cultures can be taken then, without surgery a needle is inserted into the area and samples brought out to grow the cultures. It then takes a few days to know if there's an infection and/or what type. Is this what happened? A blood test can tell if your body is fighting an infection, but nit what kind of infection.
 
I agree with Celle and Josephine and others. This needs to be looked at and tested. It is not normal. I hope your appointment with the surgeon is soon so he can look at it. You can also look up infectious disease doctors in your area. It looks like there are a couple right in Ashland.

Do you get a printed "visit summary" after your appointments? My health plan does that and it usually lists what tests have been ordered, etc. If not, have the doctors write down what tests they do, directions they give you etc. I think that would help Josephine help you as she would better understand what's been done or not done for you.
 
Will your plan cover you going to someone who will check it for an infection?

Also try getting in to see his NP, they could do aspiration and run a culture for you.
 
They just a told me to follow up with OS. He is booked so will just wait. I have some of antibiotics I'm taking. Just hanging around waiting.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
What were the antibiotics for? Not every antibiotic works for every infection. @Angel1978 you need to take an aggressive advocate to the ER with you, to inform the hospital staff of what's going on and that you're not leaving until there's an answer. Dry skin will not seep, it flakes and cracks, but it doesn't seep pus.
A friend of mine had something similar happen, going to the ER of the infectious disease dr she wanted to see was the answer. She was admitted and had surgery the next day to replace her TKR with an antibiotic spacer because her 1st OS refused to admit there was an infection. The infection had worked its way into her bone, so almost 2 months with the spacer, no weight bearing then another TKR. This is why we want you to act on this now. Was you scar looking like this on the last visit to the OS?
 
Just thought of this, the wrong antibiotic can actually mask the type of infection you have. So be careful with what you're taking.
 
They told me to take it till it's finished. They can't find infection. They said celitious and dry skin. It gets like blister and busts.

I go back to new OS sept 3 cause he had a lot of patinants etc. All there docs is booked. But I'm just hanging around not doing a lot.

Legs twice and ache at night. Can't walk far distance with out pain. I don't have pain like it did. But I do have pain.

I can't bend cause hurts in my hip. So it's a nightmare all way around. But I pray it will go away... Thinking of going through some more therapy. Cause of pain but in all honesty it don't help.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Praying for patience for you as you wait for that appointment. Before you know it, it'll be here!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Thinking of going through some more therapy. Cause of pain but in all honesty it don't help.
If it doesn't help, you would be better off skipping more therapy.
Are you on a cancellation list at the new OS? Maybe you could get in sooner, though I think the 3 weeks until your appointment will go fast.
 
Pumpkin yeh I am on the list. He is so booked it's hard to tell. I don't have no bend at all. And extension is bad to. But just wait is all I can do. I do have my knee tapes to relieve some pain to


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Praying for patience for you as you wait for that appointment. Before you know it, it'll be here!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk



Thanks a lot. Patience is what I don't have lol. But I'm trying. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom