Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

If the PT is angry at you, so be it. They work for you, not the other way around. I am glad to read that you are standing up for yourself and being your own advocate. Don't let them push you beyond discomfort.

Let us know what the OS says about your second TKR---when, etc?
 
Oh lord 1 yr to 2 yrs. And he is wanting to do other soon. Gez know I'm worried.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
Well the timing on your other knee is ultimately your decision, not his. My other knee needs replacing too, but I hope to wait at least another year. If circumstances change I will re-think my plan.
 
If the PT is angry at you, so be it. They work for you, not the other way around. I am glad to read that you are standing up for yourself and being your own advocate. Don't let them push you beyond discomfort.

Let us know what the OS says about your second TKR---when, etc?




Not to worried about the Pt I will handle her. And if she gets to mean. I walk to another pt whom I've had. Or I will call in. But I don't like to turn anyone In.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Squatting? Yikes. My PT showed me mini wall slides. She asked how they were coming, and I said not good. She asked me to show her, and she said, "Don't go that far yet. Just a little bit." So I adjusted, and it was better.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok so have some questions. I'm setting doing gentle wxcerise. Then I'ce. So my leg gets these weird pains in bend of leg in back.
Normal or not?

I go to bend my knee while Laying down. Cause it feels good. And I get pain on knee cap then on the right side. Where the knee use to be numb. Know don't get me wrong. It's still numb to touch. But I get small weird pains. Normal?

Last night laying on bed off and on would get some weird numb burn pains on knee and down shin. So I let leg dangle off bed. And swing back forth. It's would stop them start again.

Was so sick yesterday. Had took pain pill. And I ended getting sick. Had drink sprite and eat some crackers.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Pt today and tommrow. Not doing so good. Knee and down leg been bothering me. I took Celebrex and stop had to start again.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Good luck with the PT and hope your pain is better


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good luck with the PT and hope your pain is better


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum



Thanks pt went good. Really hurt. Water ease pain. But she went to bend and was ouch ouch.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Don't let her hurt you, Angel. She mustn't do that. It's bad for your knee.
 
Don't let her hurt you, Angel. She mustn't do that. It's bad for your knee.



Thanks I told her to stop. She did. But I know she did not like it at all. But oh well.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Angel, having odd pains here and there is normal when you are early in recovery like you are. Be sure you're not trying to do too much around the house quite yet. And stay on your pain meds with some type of schedule as long as it's bothering you.
 
I don't do much @Jamie cause im afraid to. And I take a pill about every 6 hours. But been trying to hold on them. Cause I'm worried that Medicare is not going to pay for them. Have my new script. And few in bottle. But just waiting. They are so slow. I assume I will have to call again. I can get them through United. But it's $55.00 class 3 and I can't do that. That would price every time. So just waiting. I've got like 10 of other left. And if it bad I take one. If it's not I take half. But for therapy I have take one. Or I be rip that place half. Lol just kidding. Seriously no one won't be able to deal with me.

I don't know how to get Medicare to change there mind. United did and there suppose to be a part of Medicare. . I said why can't u all help me. They response is there is other. My response is I can't I've truer ams they make me sleepy sick adgitated and incoherent. And I don't like that feeling. But I don't know why there being like this. I will just keep on them.


Oh we'll that topic is making me mad.



Have gym pt today. The reg who see me is off on vacation. Took personal day. The other who I'm familiar with is gone to and been gone. They said there is the man. I said nooooo he like killed me when he kept hold knee down. Olny thing felt good was the masadge on knee. So I have some one else. I hope she is nice and gental. Cause I tell them noooo I will not do the excerise. And they fingers go mile min on Pc.

Xxxxx to all.




FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Pt went fair. Weekly measurement. Rom on belly is 100 it's painful.
On back its know 118 yay I'm getting there. I'm pass what he wanted me to be. He said 112 be fine consider all other problems I've had.

Flex is still bounce from 5-3 Before stretch and after 3-2 still hard. And I've did everything I'm suppose to. But not giving up yet.

I've came farther than I thought I would. Still excited.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I've came farther than I thought I would. Still excited.
That's great!
Don't forget this is a slow recovery. Your ROM will continue to improve. No need to push it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great report! See, listening to the knee and not letting them hurt you works! :friends:
 
Great report! See, listening to the knee and not letting them hurt you works! :friends:



Thanks a lot. Appreciate comment. She was nice. I guess I will have her a few more times. But lol she was nervous when she bend me and I ouch at her. She said lets try a different approach. Anyways pretty much been icing off on all day. Was a bit rough...


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Great news!


Thanks. I'm trying hard. I told her and others around me. I am at my own pace. It's my knee. And I ain't going to damage it.

I show her the video of partial pop lock and roll. And lol her heart sunk. And facial expression was priceless.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
That's great!
Don't forget this is a slow recovery. Your ROM will continue to improve. No need to push it.


Thanks the doc will be impressed. And really I was going stop at 112 cause he said that all he wanted me at. Considering all I had been through.

But he will be proud. I won't push it. Cause can't really handle no stress on my knee.

The 2 Sugurys and infection was enough on me. Glad it's over and I am healthy know. Each day is new for me and I'm learning how to adapt and do small stuff.

Rest stuff hub kids do cause I can't.
But this don't fell like a regular knee.

Often I get up fast or wrong and forget I've had knee replace and believe me i remember fast lol.

And it's oops rubbing to make sure no damage had been done.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Back
Top Bottom