Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

If it was too much for your knee, it likely wouldn't hurt while you're doing the exercise, but you might have swelling and/or pain 12-24 hours later. If that is happening, I'd back off the leg press for now. If you choose to continue to use it be VERY sure that each time you push on the plate, you lift your toes slightly so that the push goes through your heels. This small adjustment keeps the brunt of the force from your knee joint.
 
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it @Jamie.


This may sound weird. It just fills good to not have all the pain like in beginning. As before weird pains etc.

But it's nice to just feel slight pain and aches. With our Meds I have deep ache. But it's tolerable.

And if I have lot pt or walk it does swell bad. Which the ice pack I got helps. It's not heavy as the other pack.

Does anyone know what a game ready is. She wants use it on me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Game Ready is a brand of automatic ice machine coupled with compression. Say yes to it. It's a good recovery aid.
 
Thanks @Jamie. She said she wanted to try it. They said there new and possibly going to use that after sessions.
Because they have to many patinats in there doing therapy.

It's a huge gym and they do cardiac rehab to among other stuff I don't know about.
 
Dropped everything yesterday evening spilled every drink I had. Just was grouchy.

Dreading pt today. Lots bending involved. She need measurements.

Woke up at 2 something with pain. Could not get comfey to save my life. Try pillow every way. Scoot to side of bed laid and let leg dangle. Did that few times. Had to take pain pill before I went crazy. And here it is 641 and I'm still awake.
 
Dreading pt today. Lots bending involved. She need measurements.
Do not let them hurt you---PT's are a quantitative lot and are obsessed with numbers.

You, on the other hand, simply progress at your own pace and, eventually, as long as you can do what you want to in your life, the number do not matter at all.
 
Do not let them hurt you---PT's are a quantitative lot and are obsessed with numbers.

You, on the other hand, simply progress at your own pace and, eventually, as long as you can do what you want to in your life, the number do not matter at all.




ThAnks. She said she wants measures all angles.
Trust me after that one hurt me in December I am real blunt. I don't do nothing if it hurts to bad I stop. If I know it's going be to painful I refuse. There all nice so far.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.



FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Yay 114 bend. And 5-3 extension still. Big changes.

Easy gental Pt.

@Jamie the game ready was way colder than any other I'ce. After 3 min I could not handle it.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Thats great Angel. Just dont push too much. Your barely 9 weeks out. X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thats great Angel. Just dont push too much. Your barely 9 weeks out. X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum




Thanks chick. I am being real easy. If they hurt me pt. I let them know. And they stop. I have Pt Monday gym. Thursday pool and Friday Gym. Where I was only getting 1 day week cause ins was being mean. But it's all good.

How are you.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Today I rested. Went to the store. Walked slowly and got some much needed stuff.
And we went to visit my mom. And she not feeling good. Hub cut her grass.
Then came home and set down. And loaded Dishwasher and washer. Grab ice pack,while Hub took kids to store to get me gifts.

And I remained setting with this.
I bought this one at A pharmacy in Wva where mom lives. Seems to hold cold for 2 hrs. Yay.

Hub grill and cut grass me well I set. Just the few things I did. Was a bit much. Ache ache.

ATTACH=full]31415[/ATTACH]


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1431220224.581980.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 149
It is funny how doing just a little several times can pile up. Empty the dishwasher, fold a pile of laundry . . . before you know it, you have been standing on your knee for two hours doing housework. My docs told me to take a one hour rest for every two hours that you are up. You are starting to feel better and it is easy to overdo, but you need to keep lots of rest in your schedule.
 
Good for you for icing and resting after a full day. Nice ice pack.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good for you for icing and resting after a full day. Nice ice pack.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum


Thanks got it at place called medical arts pharmacy. Had bought few others off amazon. And they don't hold coolness.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
It is funny how doing just a little several times can pile up. Empty the dishwasher, fold a pile of laundry . . . before you know it, you have been standing on your knee for two hours doing housework. My docs told me to take a one hour rest for every two hours that you are up. You are starting to feel better and it is easy to overdo, but you need to keep lots of rest in your schedule.




I know and seem like I am paying for it know. Usually olny have take pp. if I am going therapy or at night. And I am ache ache. Like sharp agervated pain. So I took a tylonal and it helped. Cause try save pp cuz the ins is give me hard time.

But for the most part. Since 4 the hardest thing I have did is give orders lol. And walk to bathroom. Just that little bit wore me out.

Tuesday was hard day to. Had nor did much since then.

Saying in my head Hope I don't get them weard pains. And ouch ouch sure did. So setting eat crackers. Not wanting to eat. Just waiting for my Pp to kick in. Will all be good in
32 min and can get some relief.


It's so funny cause I can go hours with out pain or take anything and boom happands. Gez.


Anyways hope all is well

I learned my lesson on stand to much. Cause my feet start tingle and I fill it in back of legs and feet.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
It is hard to strike the balance between doing too much and doing anything at all. I used to set my alarm for every two hours. Then, I would force myself to go and rest for an hour. So---don't work all day and then collapse at night. Instead, pace yourself. do a little in the am---rest. a little more in the pm, rest.

Angel, is the insurance preventing you from filling the scripts for pain meds? I would speak to my doctor if so. Perhaps they would pay for some of the cheaper meds like Tramadol which has a generic. The last time I paid for Lortab it seems like it was pretty cheap too.

Having pain---like a deep ache makes your muscles tense up and it makes it harder for them to heal. Try to get a script and take it as proscribed and see if that solves the problem. Tramadol is not as strong as Lortab, maybe that would work better for you anyway.
 
It is hard to strike the balance between doing too much and doing anything at all. I used to set my alarm for every two hours. Then, I would force myself to go and rest for an hour. So---don't work all day and then collapse at night. Instead, pace yourself. do a little in the am---rest. a little more in the pm, rest.

Angel, is the insurance preventing you from filling the scripts for pain meds? I would speak to my doctor if so. Perhaps they would pay for some of the cheaper meds like Tramadol which has a generic. The last time I paid for Lortab it seems like it was pretty cheap too.

Having pain---like a deep ache makes your muscles tense up and it makes it harder for them to heal. Try to get a script and take it as proscribed and see if that solves the problem. Tramadol is not as strong as Lortab, maybe that would work better for you anyway.




I've tried a bunch Meds. They make me real groggy and incoherent. And sick. Nuycta olny one who keep me normal. No one Can't tell when I take it. It takes ache away and relaxes my leg.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Then, there you are, the is the drug to take. Having a deep ache is definitely called Pain!!
 
Then, there you are, the is the drug to take. Having a deep ache is definitely called Pain!!



Yeh but problem is. They giving me a hard time. They need to do some kind of medical review. And they have asked me a million questions. Which are in the same way if the first one they asked. Oh well. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


Laid around all day. Kids dad cooked me some tenderloin,baked potato,corn,Mack cheese.. And pineapple upside down cake. These was my gifts.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Back
Top Bottom