Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


To all the mothers who follow my thread...

I hope you all had a great day... Full of fun rest and being pampered by loved ones. Xxxx to all happy healing!!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well yesterday was a good day. Laid around all day. A little bit ache. But was doing some knee excerise gental. Put blanket soft around foot. And was let gravity pull leg down.
And doing some leg raises/bends and my knee start pop. Barley popping.

Has anyone has this happen before? And is it normal to have p0p?
Kinda scares me from the past.



Have some gym pt. Friday she said she was going to add some new excerise. So far the few she is add has been ok. Just walking up down steps. And toe raises on a board.
My Hardest part is when she bends me and holds it. From 25 sec to a min with pushing it toward her and graduly bend it to me. Wow I am on belly ready go mad. But after she let me rest it fill better. She alsesys do some kind masadge and fill good. And best part is hoping on the bike. And ice ice.

This recovery wow has been weird. From a partial to fail. To new sugury full knee. To illness and antibiotics. From being able to bend lots pain. To less pain and issues still not bending good. 114 with some force is all I get. She and he don't expect me to get any higher.

But I admitt as I read stories with 0 extension and 130+ rom make me want to try harder. Just afraid I will mess my self up.

If I can't I don't. If it hurts I stop. If I am unsure I won't. Lot different.

FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My doctor keeps emphasizing my implant is designed for 120 flexion, so I know he's not worried about that. In my case, he's more concerned about my extension.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks makes me fill a bit better.
What is your extension?
Some times mine is 10-3 but I can't to get me 0. I've tied.
I set with my leg dangle or lay on belly or set in chair for while and put it down.
My doc said my leg should been fix while back.
But it's finding doc to do it cause of age. I've never really had good leg.
I always drug it to keep pain off it.
I try to compensate other knee know,cause I fill the rip pain.
But he said extension he wants me to 0.




FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Angel, it is important to get to 0 extension so that your quad muscle works properly. You can sit on a bed with your knee out in front of you. Put some gentle pressure on the knee, pushing it down. Once it begins to extend, you can add a little weight--even an ice pack for instance and gradually stretch that area. It took me about 4 months to reach zero, you have time, just work consistently on it.

115 at two months is very good. My doctor told me that I would gain as much as an extra 10 degrees in the first year. so, don't compare yourself to others and don't be impatient. jGentle stretching is the way to go.

I used to rock in a rocking chair and allow my leg to bend===try it is fun.
 
Angel, it is important to get to 0 extension so that your quad muscle works properly. You can sit on a bed with your knee out in front of you. Put some gentle pressure on the knee, pushing it down. Once it begins to extend, you can add a little weight--even an ice pack for instance and gradually stretch that area. It took me about 4 months to reach zero, you have time, just work consistently on it.

115 at two months is very good. My doctor told me that I would gain as much as an extra 10 degrees in the first year. so, don't compare yourself to others and don't be impatient. jGentle stretching is the way to go.

I used to rock in a rocking chair and allow my leg to bend===try it is fun.




Thanks don't have s rocking chair. But just have a regular chair.

And gental u push leg under it.
I try to put pressure on knee push it down.

I normally set on couch and lay foot on the chair. And leave it 10 min. Then rest it. And do it again. Do it like 10 times a day.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I'm not certain what my extension is. When I left the hospital, it was between 5 and 8. I thought I was getting closer to zero, but I guess I'm not quite there yet. I mentioned it to my PT, and we worked on it today. Lay face down on the bed with leg hanging off just below the knee. Prop thigh up so gravity pushes down. Let hang for two minutes. Do two minutes of easy flex and extend. Repeat.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm not certain what my extension is. When I left the hospital, it was between 5 and 8. I thought I was getting closer to zero, but I guess I'm not quite there yet. I mentioned it to my PT, and we worked on it today. Lay face down on the bed with leg hanging off just below the knee. Prop thigh up so gravity pushes down. Let hang for two minutes. Do two minutes of easy flex and extend. Repeat.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum





Thanks a lot. Been trying that. It's hard I tell you. Can't wait till I can get my life back...


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Will my knee ever look normal?


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
It may take a while, but your knee will look like a knee again.
 
Ache ache. Setting with ice. Pt was good today. Although not liking the excerise she is adding. One I refused to do. Squat on floor on a mat. And get back up. Or butt on wall knees bend and keep on bending..:

I'm Sure it will come. But I ain't rush it so she can meet her goal.



FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1431387382.795741.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 160
Mine will never look normal. I've come to terms with it. The two surgeries with infection has left a big lump of soft tissue on the inside of my leg to say nothing of the 52 staples I had. My dr said it was a pocket of dead fat and he cleaned it out. While my leg was immobile the lump/pocket of dead fat was gone. As soon as I started to bend it came back. It's just my legs. So when kiddos ask what happened to my knee (it's pretty ugly) I try to have an interesting story for them. They like to touch it.
But my friend's scar is almost gone and unnoticeable after three years.
 
Pt was good today. Although not liking the excerise she is adding. One I refused to do. Squat on floor on a mat. And get back up. Or butt on wall knees bend and keep on bending..:

I'm Sure it will come. But I ain't rush it so she can meet her goal.
Well done for saying you won't do those exercises, Angel!

At this early stage, squatting is very bad for your knee.
 
Well done for no squatting :-) You are doing good. X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I know many people who havent had any opperation who would struggle with those. Ya doing well lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks a lot. I won't do it. And she can be mad at me. This recovery is hard. I'm setting here all Ice up. Seem my knee swells after pt. Home an ice.
Today have to go out and pick up some Meds. And talk to the family doctor about upcoming knee sugury. Yay me. No definite date yet. But not look forward to it. See os at end month.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi Angel, you are doing great! For me it took months to reach 0° extension and keep it. Keep gently stretching and you will get there. As for looking normal, expect some swelling for a full year, and continued improvement for two years +.
 
Hi Angel, you are doing great! For me it took months to reach 0° extension and keep it. Keep gently stretching and you will get there. As for looking normal, expect some swelling for a full year, and continued improvement for two years +.



Oh lord 1 yr to 2 yrs. And he is wanting to do other soon. Gez know I'm worried.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I know many people who havent had any opperation who would struggle with those. Ya doing well lass

Legin THR Sep 14



Thanks just bit worried. Xxxx hope your doing well.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@chereb. Hope all is well with you. And I won't let no one hurt me. I have been though to much.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom