Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Then 10:20---11:30 pool therapy. It fills good until she starts bending and pushing on knee. But I admitt its not as hard as I thought. It does wear me out.

Please don't let the PTs, either on land or in the pool, push on your knee if it hurts you. Discomfort is OK. Hurting is bad.
:iagree:Yes---do not let anybody put you in a position of pain---take everything to the point of discomfort and no further.
 
:iagree:Yes---do not let anybody put you in a position of pain---take everything to the point of discomfort and no further.



Today was not as bad as I thought it would be. It actually felt good to stretch... She did not hurt me. I was worried. The pool was not bad either. And I took break.

Doc said I was doing fine. He was impressed with me walking the way I was. He said I must be careful. To not get my self in a mess or strain to much.

I guess I must walk bad. Cause pep stare at me. But to me it it fills good. It is not to bad on me. I admit I do ache.


I am just glad I don't have spazims.
Burn tingle Pop lock and rip pain.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad today wan't as bad as you expected and also glad that your doctor was pleased with your progress. :):yay:
Well done.
 
I know me to. Have Os apt at end month plan for other knee.

No more Pt till Friday so get some days to rest. Can't wait. I'm glad I am more mobile know. I do admit I get wore down easy. But I've learned to deal. Rest.

Right know I am setting here I'ce up. Waiting for dinner to be fix.
 
Just question. Is it ok when I am setting up on couch to put my surgical leg on the other one. Kinda like crossing it.
 
Wow just when I thought I was doing good. I took a step back. Woke up in middle night. And o what pain. I got up. Luckily Walker was close. I don't use it. But has to. My leg was so stiff. I could not get it on floor. I could barley walk. So try to do some stretches. And wow it was not budging.

Walked for a few and oh the pain around my knee and down the front of my leg. It had been aching yesterday. So I laid around. Walking while I could a few times. Keeping it prop up and starlight out in chair.

But wow it felt like I just had sugary. Made me shed tears. Grab ice pack. And med and set up prop and ice Took for ever to take affect. And then went to bed. Laid there trying find a way to sleep. Pillows was agervate me. Cover was to.

So here it is 6:54 and I've been up all night. Reading listen to radio nothing worked. Today it aches.
 
Maybe your knee was reacting to such a busy day yesterday and that's why it gave you such a bad night. Can you do a bit less for the next few days?

By the way, it's best not to cross your legs on the couch.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot. I just thought it felt comfortable. But won't do it no more.

Well Tuesday was the busy day. I set around all day yesterday.

It was just weird.
 
Wow just when I thought I was doing good. I took a step back.
Remember, recovery is very much like this:
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.

The roller coaster ride---you will have ups and downs---eventually, those "down" days will get fewer and further in between.

Maybe your knee was reacting to such a busy day yesterday and that's why it gave you such a bad night. Can you do a bit less for the next few days/
I agree---I believe you did a little too much, too fast. Take a break and slow down a little--rest, ice, and elevate the next few days.
 
I tell you it's been rough. All the pt Tuesday and apts. Then rest we'd and think I'm ok and incident happond. So lay around all day. Can't wait to have other done.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


It's so fills bad. Have Pt Friday at 9 and then 10.... I be glad for ice ice...

Laying around all day doing few reps of different excerise. Gental. Then maybe a few short walk to bathroom. Seem to be ok. But I am so wore out.
 
Keep resting and sleeping. It lets your body focus on healing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Take it easy and baby that knee. Sometimes we start to think the knee is ready to go or get back to normal. I didn't go to a store for the first 4 weeks after my TKR, just dr.appts. and PT. Toes up and ice...
 
Take it easy and baby that knee. Sometimes we start to think the knee is ready to go or get back to normal. I didn't go to a store for the first 4 weeks after my TKR, just dr.appts. and PT. Toes up and ice...



Thanks I had not been out. But just to pt and docs. Went out Tuesday had pt water doc apt and daughter shot. Set down. Then went to moms. Ouch ouch lol the day and night after.


I learned my lesson on the revision. I try to do so much with partial in dec. So my fault. But my knee was messed up and malfunction Pop lock glide across knee cap.


But this time I take it easy.
 
Thanks a lot. Pt 9 am. By 10 I be singing some ice ice baby. Lol.

I get to have some bend and flex or extension measurements. I am almost to where I need to be with extension.

As far as bend 107-110 my Os said he wants me to 115 cause I never had bend before anyways. I drug my leg lol. He don't expect me to get to full bend.

Honesty I don't know want the regular full bend they like you at is.

Know I have a duck waddle as my mom. My kids say I'm a old woman lol.

Me yay.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.



Just setting with leg bend till get tiered. Lay it down. And do it again. Trying to warm up for session. Cause I have the one who like to focus on bend and add stuff. She is nice real gental when mess with knee. But she does some weird bend and hold leg in air and press on it. And she gets on table and hold it up. Then lay press etc. then she like tie my legs together and make me walk in a square start from left side then right to see if I lose balance. Then I do steps. Ball roll and she does some weird move masadge. Then she lay it down football under ankle leave me there 3 min with weights on it. Then weird move it. And then some kind weights and long weird thing under leg and weights and leave me there for 3 min.

She olny do like 2-3 each. I said gez slave driver lol. She says make it hurt. I say noooo ouch ouch. But she is sweet and if she see I'm hurting she won't make me do a lot.

She said Friday he working on getting leg flat to table and walking properly. She said I turn leg and waddle. Wounded if I should get me a beak and duck whistle lol.


Yay me on bike 15 min know. Proud I could never do it. Leg press 60 lb. I've work way to that. Yay me.
 
Angel, go easy on that weighted leg press. It can put a lot of torque on the knee joint. Usually we don't recommend that exercise until at least 6 months out from your last surgery.
 
@Jamie
Well I will tell her. Thank you did not know that... It don't hurt but since I know it I won't do it. Cause I don't want strain.
 

Staff online

  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom