Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Glad to hear your outing went well to your Mom's, you are on the mend.



I paid for it. Although I rested. I still woke up in pain in middle of night. Had take pain pill. I take them for pt and if I've been out or know I going be out. May take 2 day. Sometimes 1. I def have take for pt ouch ouch. The bend and push for extension hurts. But after there done on bike and ice is heaven.


Angel1978
 
Angel, my knee did that for a while, often while, often while showering or if I stood for an extended period of time. I was told it was to be expected and the blood flowing through those reconnected veins and vessels. It stopped after a few months and now just looks like a regular (very long) scar.
 
Angel, my knee did that for a while, often while, often while showering or if I stood for an extended period of time. I was told it was to be expected and the blood flowing through those reconnected veins and vessels. It stopped after a few months and now just looks like a regular (very long) scar.



Thanks a lot. Appreciate it. I know o wish my scar would go away.


Angel1978
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


I wish it would fade. And I can't stand the stitches hitting paints. Drives me Insane. I love to wear capris in summer but can't cause it feels tight on knee. And seem to get red on scar with any kind of material. I've tried the sock things net things. Noting works.


Angel1978
 
I had a revision a year ago, my scar looked like that at the same stage, it is now white and faded. I will post a photo in the knee scar thread.
 
Here is the place @Jamie. It's red cause I had bandaid on it.


Faithmitchmommy❤️
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1430695418.166935.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 178
Angel, please make an appointment with either your surgeon or your GP to have them take a look at this spot. I'm sure you'll be fine, but it's not a wise thing for you to try and deal with stitches that work their way out by yourself. You really risk getting an infection. You should always have a medical person take a look and remove them once they are visible.
 
@Jamie
The os and staff try to get them out. And his other doc try to. They told me to take it out when it come to surface. And even Pt try to pull them out and pitch them out but using peroxide or dab alcohol on tweezers. It's not red. Think was lighting.
Seems doc did not know nothing.

But I will call reg doctor. And see what they say. I could not handle it. And it was to top and grab on paints.


Faithmitchmommy❤️
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


I am keep ban said on it and going by doc today. Thanks


Faithmitchmommy❤️
 
I am sorry for pics being big. I can't make them thumbnails. Cuz can't get on reg aight Internet.



Wow last night was rough. I could not sleep at all. Then when I did fall asleep I could not get my leg comfortable. It keep doing weird jerking. Like restless leg. Then it would ache. So got me ice pack and mesicane ate some saltine crackers.

And before I knew it the alarm was going off at 615 lord.
Was like 11 and then every hr after that.

Have pt today and I am sleepy. Leg not hurt so I'm sure it will after there done. What is weird is when there done and I'm on bike it fills good. I just can't believe i can do it.

So have to call ins today. There gripping over medicane that helps me and don't make me out of my head. They try 5 before they found Nucynta. Got 70 pills in end December well was take them. Amount Celebrex and amitriptline. Took the pp every 6 hr and if needed something before took the other. Which did nothing to me. So I said please do often on the pp. so he did for every 4 hrs. So I thought it did nothing but it did. I was able to move and walk To everyone but me I seem normal. And that what I want.

Well got script fill in March after sugury. Note I still had few pp cause I got 70 like after Xmas. So after revision like on March 20th I was given 50.
Well ins said its not a choice of drug. So they making me do some kind questions and then same for doc. And some med board has to review it and make decisions for exception of the medicane. And make there decisions.

Which is completely stupid, because I don't know why they want you to have a Pp that makes you sick and out of your head.

@Jamie know anythin about this?


Has anyone experienced this?


Faithmitchmommy❤️
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you'll be fine, but it's not a wise thing for you to try and deal with stitches that work their way out by yourself. You really risk getting an infection. You should always have a medical person take a look and remove them once they are visible.
I agree---these should be taken care of by your healthcare professional---just another point for safety's sake and for your peace of mind.
 
Wow last night was rough. I could not sleep at all. Then when I did fall asleep I could not get my leg comfortable. It keep dorooming weird jerking. Like restless leg. Then it would ache. So got me ice pack and mesicane ate some saltine crackers.
Many of us went through the very same thing---the restless leg and the inability to get comfortable. It is absolutely normal and, unfortunately, is to be expected in the vast majority of cases


I would wander around the house looking for a place in which to get comfortable---going from guest bedroom to the living room to the computer room's futon---and then I would throw the futon mattress onto the floor an finally crash there. I think you were wise to ice and to elevate---that seems to be beneficial to many people.
 
Many of us went through the very same thing---the restless leg and the inability to get comfortable. It is absolutely normal and, unfortunately, is to be expected in the vast majority of cases


I would wander around the house looking for a place in which to get comfortable---going from guest bedroom to the living room to the computer room's futon---and then I would throw the futon mattress onto the floor an finally crash there. I think you were wise to ice and to elevate---that seems to be beneficial to many people.



Thanks a lot. I tell ya I've felt weird. Mom laughs I say fills like something crawl in my skin.


Faithmitchmommy❤️
 
Went to my os doc. Just walk in and see if the could see me. The other doc was in there. And nurse who took me back. Said I was going call you and tell you to come on in.

They examined it and he said for me to wash work antibacterial soup and dry it. Put a tiny bit antibiotic cream on it. And cover it. As everyone said on here:-) Thanks

They gave me an antibiotic to take for 10 days. Augumention Lesion learned there hoarse pills.

So went to doc at 9 got out 920 went to pt got there and she worked me hard. But it ached but felt good. Was glad to get the ice on knee.




Faithmitchmommy❤️
 
Well today will test my strength. I had to be at Pt at 9:30---10:20 to get stretched and bended.
Then 10:20---11:30 pool therapy. It fills good until she starts bending and pushing on knee. But I admitt its not as hard as I thought. It does wear me out.

Then have to go to the mesical doc at 1:00 and lord knows how long I will set. Than have take daughter to get allergy shot. And I will be home by 4:00 or few after. So I'm scared.

I will be setting down a lot.
 
Take the day one little bit at a time, and just do the best you can. Rest wherever you can during the day - and try to have a big rest tonight.

Please don't let the PTs, either on land or in the pool, push on your knee if it hurts you. Discomfort is OK. Hurting is bad.
 
Take the day one little bit at a time, and just do the best you can. Rest wherever you can during the day - and try to have a big rest tonight.

Please don't let the PTs, either on land or in the pool, push on your knee if it hurts you. Discomfort is OK. Hurting is bad.



Trust me when it starts hurting I say stop. 1 guy did not. And I walk straight out when he walked away and said I don't want him again. And I have a new one. She is nice and gental. I also have the same one to. That I know ams she know my limits. This will be the longest day I've been out.
 

Staff online

  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom