Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Well went to the doc today. I admit I was nervous. Over lack of progress and billing. He was pleased with my progress. He said I knew you would get off them sticks,and catch up. Your almost there. I am 107 bend and 5-8 flex. He said bend should be 120 and up. But I don't expect you to get that far. That can be long term goal.

U never had good bend. Although flex must be at a 0. I said yes sir. He was very polite to me. I guess I just worry.

He told me to continue on Celebrex and Nucynta. Cause them to seem to work well for you. I said they do. I don't fell no affects off of them. The Nucynta give me some energy and takes the edge of pain away. And if I take at night I can sleep some.

I need to work on a full night sleep. But that will come. He also said I think you would benefit from some more pt.

With a bit intense. But u seem to know your limits. So I go on Friday for review. And they will set me up 3x week for 4weeks instead 1 x week like I had been doing.


From Dec to know it feels better. But not the way I'm use to. He said it will be a long road cause u have felt with this for a long while and it needed to be fixed.

Shew I admit I was tore up. But it all worked out.



Angel1978
 
Does anyone know the best way to shave? I attempted it. But just small electric razor while set on chair hurt.. Went all way to my shoes and ouch ouch. And I was doing it easy.


Angel1978
 
Errrr not from experience, could hubbers help

Legin THR Sep 14
 
So heartbreaking when u want to do and can't. Gez I was resting after doc. Went to come home. And wanted to practice on squats. Ouch ouch. When will I ever be able to do that? Made me so sad. Before dec partial I could some. I admit it like pain Pop shock. But know I can't. Sheesh. And they tell me that I never will. Is it true?


Angel1978
 
You will probably be able to do squats eventually, Angel, but it's really a bit too soon to be doing them now. Leave them for a while, because they put a big strain on your new knee.
 
You will probably be able to do squats eventually, Angel, but it's really a bit too soon to be doing them now. Leave them for a while, because they put a big strain on your new knee.


Thanks just but antsy....


Angel1978
 
Questions for anyone. By my incision I have scar tissue I assume. The pt try to massage it. It's a few nots: has anyone ever got them? And anyone know when they leave. They don't hurt but there annoying.

I had 4 sessions of pt after came out home health. Which was 1 x week due to ins regulations. But they Owed me some from partial.So know I am aloud to get some Pt
4 weeks of Pt. 3x week. That I was suppose to have got. Starts Monday.

So let's see how it goes. I remember in Jan I had some painful Pt and mean pt. Even with home health commimg in. But this time was all different. Much smother process.

Just glad I don't have the lock,pop,and painful pin needles. I admit sometimes I get pain down left side of knee but it's just like a weird ache.

But a good night sleep would be awesome. I am so restless. I can't get comfey at all. And nothing helps.


Angel1978
 
Hi Angel1978
So glad to hear you are doing so much better.
I can honestly say that with time all the aches and pains will ease up. At 7 months I get some still but nothing like it was early on. You will also find a comfy spot while sitting and laying down. It is a very long recovery.
You are doing great!!!
 
Hi Angel1978
So glad to hear you are doing so much better.
I can honestly say that with time all the aches and pains will ease up. At 7 months I get some still but nothing like it was early on. You will also find a comfy spot while sitting and laying down. It is a very long recovery.
You are doing great!!!



Thanks for the response. I can't wait to get comfey. I want to be well and have all this behind me. Really sucks. But in excited.


Angel1978
 
Yes, as I understand it, the scar tissue is normal, and you want to massage it away before it adheres. I'm not sure about the right way to do that, but I know several people will chime in here soon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My PT advised me to get a tub of Palmer's Cocoa Butter to use on the scar and rub the butter in with my knee bent. He said massaging it gently while bent will break down the scar tissue and help with the scar. I had a TKR and an antibiotic wash surgery a month apart and the drs. used the same scar. My PT massaged every visit and I did on my off days, but we waited until he incision was fully healed. Now I'm addicted to it and still use it a year later! Palmer's works wonders on my feet too!
 
Yes, as I understand it, the scar tissue is normal, and you want to massage it away before it adheres. I'm not sure about the right way to do that, but I know several people will chime in here soon.
It is part of normal healing and it will disappear on its own. There's really no need to massage it, but carry on if the massage makes it feel good.
 
Thanks for all the responses. Today the pt was massage it. Felt good.

The guy pt was pressing knee on table for like a min. He knew it was hurt me. Then he released it and did some kind weird move it around. It hurt but was not agony.

I got bend to 110 yay. But was painful.
The doc don't expect me to get to 120 or what ever normal is.

But on extension he wanted me to 0 I am between 3-5. Was 5-8 and when stated was 23

I rode the bike for 12 min. That small victory was awesome to me.



Angel1978
 
It's good to hear that you are making progress, Angel. This recovery does take a long time - a year or even more - but you're on the right course now. :):SUNsmile:
 
It's good to hear that you are making progress, Angel. This recovery does take a long time - a year or even more - but you're on the right course now. :):SUNsmile:



Thanks that sucks lol. But I tell guy it's a roller coaster. But it fills 10000000000% better. I'm glad that it did good with conversation... But thanks.


Angel1978
 
I have the best hubby. He took me to my moms. We took my 2 handicap brothers to get hair cuts. Went to Walmart for a few things. Took it real slow. Some discomfort but not slot. Swelling was there lol.
And he cut mom grass while I set down and relax my leg.


Came home and took medicine while he made made baked spaghetti . Very yummy. He brought me ice pack and rub and masadge leg some. Really sleepy so relaxing.

Was shocker to me. I figured it would be more problem to go. But was not to bad. Know had to stop a lot and rub it. But I notice I can't walk fast and the buggy helps me walk and be sturdy.




Angel1978
 
You are getting there Angel. Try and be patient. I know its hard as i feel frustrated too sometimes and just want 'normal' back. I have started doing dome physio myself to strengthen my quads and hopefully improve the rom a bit more. Still early days as we are only almost 9 weeks out. X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Does anyone know why when I stand my leg look purple. I was in kitchen just fix some pancakes. Did not have no pain just ache. Olny stood for 15-20 min and had to go and set. And when I set for few color came back. Was weird. Like splotched.


Angel1978
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom