Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Hi @Angel1978, I can just imagine your knee being sorer than the first time especially sine you had that knee operated on before. But in spite of all you have been through, you are doing beautifully and healing wonderfully. A big :thumb: for you.
As for myself I am doing okay. Thank you so much for asking. I haven't been on my thread for a while. I have been having knee and RA pain and I believe it is weather related. It is Spring, but so very very cold here on some days. And the yo-yo of the weather makes my Yo-Yo up and down and hurt like crazy. Other than that I am doing well. Keep up the great healing process and thank you for thinking of me as well. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Does anyone know how to get these crazy stitches that is imbedded out. There driving me crazy.


Angel1978
 
This is something you need to discuss with your surgeon.
 
@Jamie he said and regular doc said they will come out on there own.. My paints I can't stand them on it. And know by my incision I notice small bumps. They don't hurt. But they move around. Go Thursday so hopefully they will help me. Seems because I owe 289 bucks that both ins don't cover and in try pay it. There attitude changes. Thanks


Angel1978
 
Hi Angel,
When I went back to work, I wore long pants for the first time since my surgery and the incision was sensitive to the pants rubbing on it.
I started wearing a knee sleeve to create a barrier and it worked.
If you don't have a sleeve, you might try wrapping some saran wrap around the knee area or just wear shorts.
I admire your courage. You have been through so much!
Take Care,
Karen
 
Hi Angel,
When I went back to work, I wore long pants for the first time since my surgery and the incision was sensitive to the pants rubbing on it.
I started wearing a knee sleeve to create a barrier and it worked.
If you don't have a sleeve, you might try wrapping some saran wrap around the knee area or just wear shorts.
I admire your courage. You have been through so much!
Take Care,
Karen



Thanks so much will have to try this. Just the little things agervate me. Have a good day and thanks again. Xxx


Angel1978
 
Angel, I think you are doing well, it has only been almost 8 weeks, and you had a horrible time of it leading up to this surgery. Stay positive and it will get better.
 
For extension, if you have stairs with a railing available, put your heal on the bottom step and stretch away. For flexion, put the front of your foot on the step, and lean forward, bending your knee as far as you can.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @Newone15


Well I went for my weekly pt. I had measurements was painful. She was pushing down. And got me to 7 would not go no farther. Me doing it my self is 10-13 getting better.

Then I did some bend. And ouch ouch. With her help and me gritting teeth. I got to 107 a time then 110 with biting my lip... It hurt but I did it.

This is all a slow process!!! But it fills nice to not be in constant pain and have spasms. I admit I have pain. It's not the same. More like a annoying ache. Would love to be able to sleep some tho. It's great to be able to bend with out it popping and locking.


Know to work on the left,cause I fill a constant rip. I assume it is form the pressure from right being weak.

Go to Os Thursday then to find a new doc. He won't see me cause of the amount my ins had not paid.









Angel1978
 
Does any one know how to get card for the implants for places that have alarms?
I've ask doc but he mad at me.
And how do I find out what type implant I have?


Angel1978
 
The card for implants will not help get you through security, they will still double check. Tell them before you go through security that you have a knee replacement so they can be prepared to a pat down.
For the kind of implant you have, ask the hospital where you had your surgery for the sticker sheet, it will have the information and serial numbers of your implant. Call and ask for medical records how you can receive that information.
Your OS should not be mad at you for what your insurance paid, they signed a contract agreeing to their payments. If you owe them co payments, call them and set up a repayment plan.
 
The card really is useless, so I wouldn't bother with it. Any place that has you go through a metal detector will not accept the card because anyone could make one. They will "wand" you anyway, so the best thing to do is just tell the screeners up front that you have an implant that will set off the alarm.

Your surgeon's office should be able to tell you what type of implant you have. Or you can request your surgical notes from the hospital. There may be a charge for the notes if you go through the hospital because they must cover the time spent to make the copy for you. You would get them through the hospital's medical records department.
 
Thanks a lot @Jamie I will do that. And I will be going to Huntington for the next doctors cause of ins issue. Oh and surgeon short with me lol. But he needs more money for his 9 kids lol. I don't know but that is change to him.


@pumpkin. Yeh well i offered payments and they said no. Cause he does not work for the hospital. But that is ok to me. Shows me how true Christianity is. But I have 2 ins and they both should have covered it. Unsure why it did not. And have called them and they said 0 and he is saying 389. Oh well.


Ins cut me off of out pt. cause they said I used all mine up in Dec/Jan after partial. They said olny 12 visits per colander year. I said 2 procedures isn't that separate. They said no.... So I complain and got 4 free visits... So that ix week and have last one Friday. Unless I argue and say they owe me 4 from dec/jan where my order said 4 weeks 3x week and I got 4 weeks 2x week. So it will all work.


Thanks a lot. Happy with bend not so much with extension. And swelling aching no sleep sucks. But on positive note.

It's 100 better from doc. No pop lock and no pin needle feeling like I'n March. But time heals.


Angel1978
 
The card for implants will not help get you through security, they will still double check.

They will "wand" you anyway, so the best thing to do is just tell the screeners up front that you have an implant that will set off the alarm.

I showed them my cards a ahead of time and told them about my implants---and they did wand me around both legs.

I agree---the cards are useless, and the folks will not simply take your word---or that of a card---better safe than sorry.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I showed them my cards a ahead of time and told them about my implants---and they did wand me around both legs.

I agree---the cards are useless, and the folks will not simply take your ward---or that of a card---better safe than sorry.


Thanks I am not going to worry about it. My mom being silly said just hike paints leg up.


Angel1978
 
It's just useless after reading the info shares. Thanks


Angel1978
 
How are you doing? Hope you are well.
I flew last year and was body scanned both flights lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
How are you doing? Hope you are well.
I flew last year and was body scanned both flights lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum


I am doing better. Learning how to adapt. And learning not to over do it. But living life a day at time. Almost pain free. Thanks for asking.
Wow sounds fun. Can't wait to fly to Disney world this summer. Was going let hub drive but can't stand be in our car truck that long. Glad u flew. Hope you had fun. Being scared sucks. Xxx.


Angel1978
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom