Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

@chereb. I went sleep for a while with some ice on leg. Gave up on walking today. I called and left message on os answering machine. So hope they will call me back. Seem wake I took the tylonal and just was lazy. Think that going out for a hour yesterday just to get Meds and wait for him to get out store. Then ended up pm the porch just for few. And did nothin else but gental slides.


Learned my lesson.



SonnysGal
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Angel1978

Please, please get that knee checked out! Thank you x try and walk a little with your frame for support until this is looked at. I'm no medical professional but if I was you I'd be looking to doing that. The house work can wait. You also have to remember that you are barely four weeks out!

Please take care of yourself. Call the OS office again if they don't get back to you. A TKR is a major operation. You are in recovery from a major operation.

Love Nana moon 27 x

By the way can you reply back to me here on your thread please. Thank you Mary x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
@Nana moon 27
It olny happens 2 times.
You know what was really weird.
And believe it or not my kids and my husband's been doing everything for me. Only day that I got up I really honestly sitting in a chair in the kitchen and they were getting everything and I was cooking from the table in front of my leg propped up.

And then the day before I had went to the pharmacy but I was only gone for an hour and I sit in the back seat of the truck my leg propped up on a pillow. I wouldn't had to go but the pharmacy was being mean, they would not let my husband and get my pain medicine or my anti-inflammatory. Because of the new system or something like that. And then him and our son went in store. But I was doing good not in no pain. And I had went on the porch when I got home and sit down in a chair with my leg propped up for about 10 minutes talking to the neighbor. Went inside and felt fine. Set down rest evening. And I'm really not inclined just that one walk to the truck and the next day I got wore out. And then I waited a week before I went out.


But I'm honestly thinking that it was because I had PT early that morning because of the PT she was nice and she was gentle but I could tell she was getting frustrated. She wanted to work on extension walking and bend and it went in that order but then it was bend extension and walking. She was here about 45 minutes to an hour. And she made me walk through the house on the walker putting the feet straight like 1 foot in one box another foot and one box looking down and walking because she said knee was leaning toward my left knee which I have noticed that yes and I have been trying to walk a little bit more but being very easy with walking and I noticed that I had a limited walk and got tiered easy and she pointed that out to me more and confirmed,now I don't have the lamp as bad and I don't walk to the side as bad. But I still notice it. Know I can't walk with out no device. Crutches I fill safer on. But Walker is lot better for me at this point.

And really that is the only thing that I can think of that may have aggravated my knee. Because then we went to the bedroom she like me across my bed and made my legs dangle for about 10 minutes. While she was pushing down and be ending up. And then she had lie me longways on my bed and was trying to get my knee down to zero extension with putting a pen behind it and telling me to clutch as hard as I could. I was at 20 then I was 18 and then about 20 then I went to 16 I could tell she was getting frustrated said enough my leg is hurting real bad. But my pain medicine was wearing off. But she was not mean about it she was very understanding but it was more like a recent review or something is that but it may been to long of work out. And I took pain med. I think she felt bad because she said I'm sorry I worked so hard but we need to get you moving. And get you to zero.


But in all honesty I mean she was very nice very polite very easy and it was so funny because she knew I was hurting and she asked me if she can get me a glass of milk or something to drink with my medicine and got me ice pack. I told her where it was and she got it. Very nice and she wanted to make sure that I took my pain medicine set talk and type on computer. And was set with me talking and asking questions. And before she left she ask me if she could take some photos of my knee and a video of bend. So she could show it to the staff in meeting. Which week before they did that. The pt is all detailed as I showed in pic of material they handed. But each day I get new excerse. But that's all I did and then my leg started acting like that.


I had told @Jamie that I was having some problems with it pins and needles feeling amount show sleep positions but she said that was normal. I mean it's a little bit rougher and different on me because Material had that material busted out in less than two months. And the sleepless nights of Try elevate and trying to get comfortable. Set up go to chair position pillows and gental slides.


Was just all weird. And then 2 days I was sick from virus or something could not take no Meds. It's all strange to me. But I slept pretty good last not just my leg tell me when it's time for my mesicane. Idk strange.


But os and staff is aware. He gave me Celebrex and it helped some.
Just getting use to it all. All I can think of is where I'm start walk little more in house. But again I don't do that much because my husband and my kids help to do it. If I do anything it's not for long!!



Sending lots love you way. @nana
moon 27 xxxx

SonnysGal
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Angel1978

How are you today? Hope your pains got better and your having a good day x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.





Angel1978
 
How are you doing? I have been hoping your silence here is in indication you are doing well.


The silence sorry. Have been dealing with some family problem. And my knee o lord it's been a mess. Lots to work on. Still have to take pain Meds. But just at night and for phyco. Working on the bend and the flex is the hardiest. Thanks for asking.


Angel1978
 
Hi Angel lovely to see you :-) Hows the knee doing? X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum


The knee is doing. Working on flex and bend. The phyco ouch ouch. Lol the therapist sets on my foot and Bends me. But I'm doing it. Still painful. But least it's not poping out of place. How is your knee?


Angel1978
 
Hi @Angel1978, how are you doing? Knee looks like it is healing up nicely. Hope you are feeling well these days. :loveshwr::loveshwr:


I am doing good. Seem to be healing good. Has a few bits of scar tissue. But it's healing. Phyco is painful. But with 2 sugury I am doing as good as I can. The phyco has been good to me. The don't push me. Home health was excellent. All is intense. I have 5 pt left and 1 is water. It's all been good. Thanks for asking. How are you?


Angel1978
 
Hi @Angel1978

Your knee looks fabulous. It's healing really well. I do hope you've more mobility in it now x any chance of an update on it please?

Love Nana moon x



I am doing well. Still working on the flex. It's from 10-8- and sometimes 13 etc. my bend is in 80-90 but it's getting better. Been doing out patiant. The girls have been good with me. One wow lol but I handle it. Thanks for asking. How is your knee?



Angel1978
 
To all or anyone who is looking over my post. I have did all they say. And file all the steps on here. But has anyone learned any tricks for getting to 0 flex and getting prefact bend? My knee just won't do it. Go back to doc on Thursday. Lots of intense gental pt. Thanks


Angel1978
 
For extension try putting your foot on a stool and letting it stretch naturally. For flexion try heel slides on the wall using your other foot to push the other down gently.
Im doing ok got around 110- 120 flex and 0 extension. Still a bit achy. OS is very happy with outcome and he said no physio just work on it myself and also discharged now :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
One trick that worked for me to gain 0 extension was to lie face down on my bed. I put a small ankle weight on the ankle and then applied a heating pack to the hamstring muscles. I would lie there, with my knee just off the edge of the bed, while lying face down. I did this several times a day.
 
For extension try putting your foot on a stool and letting it stretch naturally. For flexion try heel slides on the wall using your other foot to push the other down gently.
Im doing ok got around 110- 120 flex and 0 extension. Still a bit achy. OS is very happy with outcome and he said no physio just work on it myself and also discharged now :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
@ chereb. That is awesome I will try them. I am so glad to hear that your doing well. It's real hard but I'm doing it. X


Angel1978
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom