Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Hi @Angel1978 How did they determine your leg is longer then the other leg. Did your surgeon say you needed more surgery I know nothing about this but hoping it is not your pt that has told you this could it be just the way you are holding your leg as I say not an authority at all on this but would they not have noticed this when you had your surgery. To straighten it not understanding why they would do this as thinking our knees do this on their own or with exercise not with surgery better to ask surgeon have not heard of this but heard of MUA from bonesmart but understanding that that is for helping bend is this what they meant.

If they told you your leg needs to be straight this does not always come right away it might take time not so long ago since you surgery and things are still healing even if your scar is healed as they tell us the knee and things that were involved during surgery like nerves and things are still healing inside lots happens to use with our surgeries must be such a shock to our bodies one day our own knee is there then surgery and things that were one way are now replaced,.

Knowing our bodies try to take care of us and must look at this and say what happened so makes it a little easier to see why we feel the way we do after this major surgery and our bodies are trying to understand where the knee that was there went. Just how I tried to think about it when thought I would go crazy finding myself singing in the middle of the night to try to relax and anyone seeing me would probably think I was going crazy but we all handle the pain differently singing when wanted to scream probably did not make much sense if anyone heard but I am not a screamer with the pain and trying to get comfortable could have become one.

On my last visit with pt she mentioned to me that my scar had a bump or ripple something like that she said never seen that before which upset me a little by the next day when swelling went down after her pushing for me to bend more there no ripple or at least it was not so visible making me wonder how many of these scars she has seen and how much she actually knew about pt after surgery.. I did not take what pt they said too much to heart not always the right information was given by my pt.

If something does not feel right better to ask your surgeon pt might not be familiar with replacement surgery and be wrong with what they are saying. Hoping the pt is not scaring you if she is the one that told you your legs are different lengths. I can not speak about the leg length as not experienced with this but someone here with the knowledge of this can give you answers how great this site is.

I still have a little numbness sometimes in my right foot and it swells along with my ankle sometimes. Not so much in my new knee ankle and foot just in first surgery ones. I hope you are having gentle pt this is so important as until the day that I had the rougher pt not much pain and then lots. I am just walking now not as high a bend as many have but my knee is doing fine the bend will come at least that is how my right knee worked it bends more now that it is healed but during the time when my left surgery knee has been healing my right is tired from taking care of it and it shows more on first then second knee.

Do not worry wait and see if it is something that needs looked at your surgeon will know more then pt as they will understand why. So much to think about all at once after this surgery just take on thing at a time and might not be what you are thinking it might be just the way it is might change along the way not sure how this works but maybe Josephine or one of the other advisors can help you with this they may have heard of this before do not worry until you know for sure then not to worry as someone will have a way to help. Holly:friends::flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had some X-rays. And it show length issue. So know will see surgeon sooner than end April.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Angel, please don't worry about this now. Wait until you talk with the surgeon. Knee replacement surgery doesn't lengthen or shorten a leg. At times if a person has a badly collapsed knee joint and it is straightened with surgery, you will regain height that you lost. Be sure to have some written questions to take to your surgeon.
 
@Jamie I will and thank you. Just kinda scared me when they said get a X-ray asap. I said oh Gosh. Know what. I been through so much. It's just a mess.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your rom is pretty good at 91 :-)
Try not to worry about the length until you speak to surgeon.
Sorry you are having painful nights. I am having a lot of shin pain and knee pain on the medial side. We just have to keep on going and hopefully be successful revisions :-)
Take care of yourself x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks for message. Hope u shin pain gets better. I hate sleepless nights. Sucks but I guess it's all apart of healing. Xxxx



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am so sick of the blood thinning injections. My stomach feels like a pincushion and looks like its been beat up lol. Are you on them? I still have 20 days left of them.

Your kids are lovely. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@chereb in Ky they give the pills. I had them while I was in the hospital. But I use to be on shots 2 x day.
How was your day? Mine boring. Had go for X-rays. And then got scared. But not going to react till I see surgeon. Setting on chair trying figure out what to eat.
Thanks my kids and my step kiddos is my world. Step kids mom is not very nice. But I love kids.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I find each day is getting longer and longer with nothing to do lol. Still falling asleep on and off dont know if its the meds or boredom. What are you doing at physio? Or rather what are they having you do? X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Angel1978

You are doing just fine. Don't let any one alarm or worry you until you speak to the surgeon. When I went when I had trouble with my TKR I wrote a whole load of questions down in a notepad, (as I find I forget what I wanted to ask and remember when I'm home!) and wrote the answers down too that he gave me. I ended up with a revision but not until 9months after the TKR. You are still very early in recovery Angel. Your knee needs time to heal, gentle physiotherapy and your rom is good. My TKR is 120/0. So at 91 this early, you seem to be doing well with your bend.

When you take your meds Angel, take them with something more than crackers. I have to do myself some toast and marmalade or butter. That helps me keep them down. I have a few bites of toast. Then I take the meds. Then I finish the toast they usually stay down then. However, if I bend too much shortly after taking them, I can guarantee I'm going to "see them again".

@chereb have you tried looking around the games section of the Social room. Good fun to be had there x x

Night both. Catch up with you soon
Love Ann xxx (((((hugs)))))
 
@chereb. I find my self doing the same thing. Take Meds then doze off on. Love text hubby and send him pics. I probley drive him crazy.

I find the walks through the noise is boring lol. I find my self trying new exercise.

So what are you doing this evening?
Games room is fun when u aren't sleepy. Xxxx



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey @Nana moon 27.
I never heard of that kind butter.
I like toast. Just don't like a lot of bread. More crackers for me. But I often see them;) but I'm thinking cheese and Peanut butter crackers. But than again lol stomach will be bloated.


How are you doing tonight? How is your Meds? I ain't worry about what the one doc said. Waiting to see what the surgeon does.


Game room is fun when you are not sleepy. Like me other night was mess up in the game room. And my internet was mess up.


My hub was good and help me. I have a icky bug. And he has been doing well. Sometimes though. Anyways.



But I need to be able to do some kind crafts or something. Tommrow is busy day. Pt and ot comming.



@chereb. They make me do bends. She helps me. But she stops if I say ouch. She never pushes me. She makes me do slides. And stand in front Walker and step up. Then I walk a little. Then set down and rest. Ankle pumps and leg lifts. And measure bend. But there all mixed up and olny a few reps. There here 1 x week for like 30-45 min. Then I go to there gym. And do some slides bends and on a neu step. The pool is almost finished. And I will be getting 2 x week. I love aquatics.


@Nana moon 27. What kind of stuff to ease your mind do u do? And what kind foods do u all like. I saw different stuff u all eat as mention on post.

Me laying on hub half sleep. Xxxxd



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
To ease my mind @Angel1978 I try to use relaxation and mindfulness that I am been being taught by the healthy minds cognitive behaviour therapy. To be honest now the days are getting longer I'm feeling so much better. Sometimes I have down days but now I am having more up days. I've been told by healthy minds that they want me to see a one to one counsellor. They are not happy with how long it's taken me to complete their course. Trouble was I couldn't understand some of it. I have agreed to this. I am waiting for them to send for me.

I use this forum quite a bit and the games room. This afternoon I pottered around in the garden. That was nice as it was a nice day and natural sunlight is good for me x x x x x

I eat a lot of meat x hubby made me a steak sandwich. That was nice today x x x

Must get back to sleep. Night night catch you later.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Night night chick. Xxxx Gardon sounds good. Did not know if u all had different foods than us. Get rest. Xxxx I am trying to go sleep.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Night all. No charger phone 1 percent . Lap top dead at moms. Hub hid his phone. Tablets to full to download app. Gez and I am agervate and wide awake yay me.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your pt sounds like a good one @Angel1978
I was discharged with no physio. Been doing leg lifts and heel slides for now.
Wish my wound would hurry up and heal so i can get decent bath. I go in just now but have to keep the leg out. Its needing a good wash lol. I have blue pen all up my scar line., hope they were not playing dot to dot lol.

Have you asked for anti sickness meds? That might help you keep the pills down x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@chereb
I have the pills for nausea. They make me sleepy and I don't like that. Sometimes my tummy acts weird.
I want to take bath to. But I am so scared to be able to get up.
Ouch no phyco I would stiffer and not able to walk. Well lol can't anyways.
Sometimes they like color our legs. I had little color on mine. I had wash it off next day. Think In hospital I used lotion and soap to get it off. The worse on me was the badadine. That orange stuff lol. Well did not sleep good. Wanted kick hubby out of bed. He eat something that make me sick. I said dude plug it. I wanted a separate bed. . Well plans today for me is sleep and some exceeise and sleep. Have get blood work today had been get it at home. But they changed it on me. Xxxxx


Oh and yeh the pt is awesome. The ones I had with partial some was lazy others was mean.


FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I needed that. Today blah. Sleepy



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom