Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

He said the only reason that I did a partial knee replacement is because only half of your knee is damaged but for some odd reason the rest your knee is damage and implant is moving all around her kneecap he was amazed to student was amazed that the I was amazed and so was a nurse in there. So he told me that he wants to get it done as soon as possible.
"some odd reason"? He makes it sound like it's almost unheard of but it's not and that makes me not trust him. Neither should you.
he said he had to wait for me to heal to see what was going on I guess that is true you can't really tell on the first couple weeks of any replacement because all the pain and swelling.
Another untruth. With the amount of movement in your implants, it could be seen as soon as it occurred.
But I'm going to have it done because I really trust him
Your trust is gravely misplaced. If I were in your shoes, I would not let this man within in mile of my knee - not for a second bite, anyway. He mishandled your first op, what's to say he won't do the same again?
 
Angel, if this were my knee I would be seeking out a doctor very experienced with revisions. I know you trust your doctor but you want an expert at this to fix your knee. I would at least get a consult with the doctor Jamie mentioned before you commit to your current doctor re-doing the knee.
 
Hi @Angel1978

You have a lot going on right now x how are you? I hope that you are okay? ((((Hug))))

Love Nana moon 27 x
Thanks I'm just really depressed. I can't walk because it fill like my entire leg From knee down fill like it's rip. Went to urgent care and well they did not seem to care.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh @Angel1978

I'm sorry to hear that. By the way your prayers for my dad worked. Thank you. He's making fantastic recovery.

Been very down myself this week. Sending you a (((((hug))))) x
Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Oh @Angel1978

I'm sorry to hear that. By the way your prayers for my dad worked. Thank you. He's making fantastic recovery.

Been very down myself this week. Sending you a (((((hug))))) x
Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox


Great I'm glad. Power prayer is awesome. . It's hard to lose parent. I have just foster mom and my kids. Her family we don't talk. There not nice. But I've left in God hands. Andrew I don't get on here much. Just to much going on. Really worried.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Angel1978

You have a lot going on re your knee plus the added responsibility of looking after your kids and hubby. I'm just glad that you had the good sense to realise that something was wrong with your knee and get the medical help you need xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I'm sure all will work out in the end for you. You're a good mom and a loyal wife. Your kids will want their mom to get back to normal. The trouble is the frustration accompanied with this type of slow recovery, the sheer lack of mobility is terrible and does tend to worsen depression/anxiety.

You have us here on the forum watching out for you, so you're not alone.

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
I'm sure all will work out in the end for you. You're a good mom and a loyal wife. Your kids will want their mom to get back to normal. The trouble is the frustration accompanied with this type of slow recovery, the sheer lack of mobility is terrible and does tend to worsen depression/anxiety.

You have us here on the forum watching out for you, so you're not alone.

Love Nana moon 27 x


Thanks Nana moon 27 just to much going on.
I'm told to go to another surgen.
I don't know them. I hate Cabell and lists pep I don't trust.
Family illness.
Hubby sick and needing carpel tunnel augury.
Mom is sick.


I what my leg to be better. Not pop and crack and lock.
I have had so many close calls fall.
I can't sleep at night. I ache. And I move and it pop lock.
I don't know what wrong with implant. I am so confused. One tells me one thing. Another tells me another.
I was told today went yo urgent care cause my leg felt like its was rip out of front and down leg not to mention burning. But was told lots scar tissue. Among a few other thing. Quad weakness etc.
But I know God will fix it.


I know it's going to be a struggle.
Not to mention recovery will be much harder. But I know I will do it. I can't live like this.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
And. It's all depressing. Cause of not having friends. I use to. Heck I use have like 20-30 text buddies. Lol yeah getting married stopped all that. Anyways. I hope everyone has a good night. I am just setting here with ice on my knee. And wanting to go to bed but afraid to. Cause I know I will move wrong way and it will lock and be a painful pop.





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.



Be safe peps. It's 6-10 inches on the way. I am stuck in house yay me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @angel Looks like you have lots of snow where you live hoping you are staying safe and not having to go out in the cold. Hope your knee is managing and you will have some relief from what you are going through you have handled this so well not easy but hoping that things turn around All the best hope you are alright Holly
 
Thanks @lavender. Yeh and more snow to come lol. Anyways I hope I get relief. I'm a bit worried but knowing it will be all over week after next.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Angel Remember you had written that they were going to repair your knee is this still happening. Do you have someone to do this that has experience and will do a really good job for you and know how to do this type of surgery hoping you have the best for this surgery. Has it improved wish this had not happened to you . you have had so much to deal with meaning you must be a very strong person to have made it through all of it. Are you having surgery in two weeks hope all goes well if you are and very possible that things will be easier this time around. I am finding my left knee is doing better less stuff this time around

Each recovery is different at least mine have been left knee without having all the pt from the first surgery has worked out better and wish I had of stopped pt when I did on first and told my surgeon no more when he asked me to go back he did not know what happened first time i should have told him more that day when my pt first knee was discontinued after he saw what pt did he cancelled the next set for me this is why he supported no more pt this time in my case he said pt did the opposite that they usually expect but reading others recoveries think pt does this to many of us if not done gently. I hope you are getting support hope you have someone arranging this surgery who you can talk to or have you met your surgeon if doing replacement again. Hope you are getting kind care and this is so important you deserve gentle care.

I am now not having flexing worries bend is not high but doing alright as my surgeon is not concentrating on this and says not to worry. I noticed a little easier today but the scar pain is driving me crazy. Be careful if you are outside hope the snow goes soon but spring is coming. Have you found the ice give you some relief I like the icing time it covers the scar so can put a blanket over it. Went out this morning nice time for lunch but so happy being in now and warm . Hope you are getting time to relax and take it easy you need to have this time. Hope you are alright and all the best wishes for you. Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @lavender I'm doing ok. The same surgeon wants to do it.
I misunderstood him all about my knee.I am going for second opinion.I have ice packs. My knee does keep moving. I don't get out much. Just been so depressed. Hate snow it's cold. Suppose get more.
Glad u doing ok. What the weather like where u at?
My bend is good. Just the POp


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy you are getting a second opinion Angel better safe then sorry. I love ice it really helps to make our knees feel more comfortable. It is hard with a winter this cold when you are in so much . I do not go out that much either but finding it is nice just a lot of work needing to be so warm and then my husband takes the walker outside for me and after walking to car he loads it into the car but he says he does not mind he enjoys being with me but so much warmer inside.

Temperature today reported with wind chill at -35 celsius and that is cold. Sun was nice needed to get our windshield wiper looked at must have frozen at one point with all of the ice and then not on securely so went to dealer we bought it from and they took care of it thank goodness just needing to replace blade but had replaced it before surgery and then needed another one better then having to pay lots though I had an appointment with my surgeon last week and he is wanting me to go easy on my knee.

He is not focusing on the bend although bending enough he does not want me to worry about bending. He is seeing me again in two months and does not want anymore pt said if any more cancel just going to take it easy and let it do its thing when ready.

Are you having a second opinion in the next two weeks is that what you meant.Better to make sure that who ever is doing this surgery if it is done knows exactly what they are doing too important to let anyone who is not totally competent do it. Hope you do not get too much snow we have been lucky so far just two snowfalls but they were major just some snow now.

I understand how you can get down hard time of the year to have this surgery and be inside so much I get down off and on to just seem to be sitting and get a little down takes a while to get coat on and walk to car but needing to dress warm and feels nice to just move a little. Hope you are getting some sleep and wishing you a good nights sleep and all the best. Holly
 
@lavender

I am have second opinion on the 28th of this month. Don't know wang to expect. Just really been depressed. My Hub and I have been through a lot. Makes it harder with no friends.


I love the ice. But sometimes it bothers the incision and makes me fill weird. My hub is the best. He has been through a lot with his family and health and missing his kids.

But I think this knee has been a big challenge. If ins would have approved the total. So know it's problem going to be worse on me. But I would love to be able to bend with out a pop. Cause it's painful. But other than that it don't hurt. Just ache. But here lately I walk and fills like its ripping.
And I notice that the other knee is wearing down fast.

Nights is hard to sleep. I move my knee the wrong way and it locks up. I have to get up and and it give out on me. And walking slow it still gives out. And pops when I first stand.


I did all I was suppose to do. If I cleaned I would rest and sit and elevate. Most of the kids helped me. And the little ones know went back to there mom. His x is mean. And she took kids back cause she remarried. And I guess she realized my hubby was not taking her back. So it's just been rough. And his family is being jerks. They don't care about my hubby. But he has excepted it. He said they never cared about him.


He said that they use to like him and then they stopped. But it did not matter. Get what they want and forget him. But he is a good man.


He stood by me. Even if we had a rocky start or road. We manage to stay close





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Angel1978 Good you are having your appointment soon hoping it will make things easier and you will get the answers you are needing to have. The cold weather makes it harder to get out and just cannot wait till it gets warmer and easier to get out to do things harder when you are inside so much. Your husband has had his share of things happening to and good you are sticking together it makes it easier when you have someone who loves and cares about how you are and helping to get each other through . Lots of things happening on top of the stuff with your surgery and know your husband has had his heart and carpal tunnel hoping all gets better. I think that the people who hurt the most if they hurt you are family they are the ones you count on and when they do something that hurts it hurts more then anyone else can. You depend on them. Wishing you good news on your appointment and all the best for you Holly
 
Hi @Angel1978 How are you doing not long now till you have your appointment and wishing you the best lonely on my thread thought I would check in to see how you are doing is it still cold and snowy where you live hope you are relaxing and giving you and your knee a rest. Holly
 
Yes @Lavander I am going to it on Friday. They want me to do the sugury Monday. I want to. Because I am so tiered of being in pain.
How are you doing? Me just laying around doin nothing.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom