Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Hi. Things good knee good shoulder a mess. That will be my next replacement but it's the one that hurts the least. Just have to save up some money to live while I'm out of work. This getting old sucks
Home your home life improving somewhat remember we are all here for you gripe and complain rant and rage as much as you want we are here for you.
Stay well and safe ❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Pt tommrow. Last one. And see doc on 10th yay me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi. Things good knee good shoulder a mess. That will be my next replacement but it's the one that hurts the least. Just have to save up some money to live while I'm out of work. This getting old sucks
Home your home life improving somewhat remember we are all here for you gripe and complain rant and rage as much as you want we are here for you.
Stay well and safe ❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®




Great hope u have luck on the money deal. Yeh I know it's hard to. Hope all is well. Xxxx angel


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi @Angel1978
Happy Late Birthday wishes.
Hoping for a good pt. And that you get to a good place with your doctor.
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Angel1978 Your knee pictures look great. Rough treatment at pt is not good not nice they were not gentle with you and how much more pain that makes when they do not do it gently. Tell them when it hurts and do not let them go further hurting with the pt. My pt was pretty gentle up to the past couple of times the last one was the worst.

She kept saying do not tell me that is all you can make it bend so today called and asked for her to stop coming. I thanked her on the voice message that I left and said helped but not needing it now will do it on my own so hoping she got it. I am going to call again on Monday to confirm I will not needing her on Tuesday no more pt visits.

We have strikes going on here 3,000 people out involving people who do home visits so she may be on the picket lines and not be answering her phone because of this. Hope your pain is getting less and wishing you a good nights sleep. Holly
 
Hi @lavender.
Thanks for the advice. I tried to tell her. But she said aggressive helps. I'm to the point as what ever. I am beyond stressed and depressed. Today was last session see what he says tues.
It pops an locks at the least movement and kills me. But can't do anything about it. She said she is stumped. Yes I have quad weakness. But I can walk just not bend. Cause it's very painful.
It's worse than before but heck I am no doc. I've listen to so many peep who don't have my problem. And makes me so sad. But maybe God will help me.
My marriage is beyond gone. But u know it's sad. All I did is try to save him. Help get his Meds. And get him to doc. Even save his life on a heart attack. Oh well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi @angel You are doing the best you can and that is all you can do. Hoping your knee is feeling better each day seems to be different at least that is how mine seems to be. I hope your visit goes good with your surgeon but maybe now that pt is over you will find that you will move easier just doing your regular stuff walking around and not trying to bend if it is swollen. Hoping you are feeling better and hoping things get better every day looking back you have come a long way and you should be proud how well you are doing and be kind to you and your knee. Holly
 
Hi @Angel1978 Hope things are going better for you and you are not having stress. Hope your visit with your doctor helps you and wishing the very best Holly
 
Thanks Lavander. Tommrow is the dreaded day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️Nebug~CubbyMoMmy
 
Hi @angel 1978:friends::flwrysmile: Hope you are doing good and had a good nights sleep. Good you are having you appointment tomorrow it will give you a chance to say how things are going and how you are feeling with your knee. Please do not worry as you have done very well and easy to can see you have really tried. I know if your surgeon is good that he will be pleased at how much you are trying and how far you have come along. The stuff after surgery can be so hard some days and others not as bad but the hard days make it all more difficult to feel better hard for other people to understand no matter how they try if they have not been through it.

I have the same thing one day feel good and not so stiff and the next pain and hard to bend. Hoping when the nicer weather comes and we can get out side and feel the sun on our skin we will find it easier. Just hard when it is so cold and so much snow. You have come a long way since your surgery think of how much you can do that was not possible before having this surgery. :yes::yes!:

You should be so proud of your accomplishments:yay: and you have managed so well under the circumstances. So much has happened for you and hoping you can get a break you deserve to have something nice happen for you. Wishing you the best and happy to have you to share our experiences with this journey and knowing you will make it through anyone who goes through this type of surgery has to be strong and only the strong could have made it through and done as well as you have. Be kind to yourself you so much deserve kindness and gentle treatment for both you and your brand new knee. Holly:):):):):):)
 
Thanks lavander. I just try take it easy cause it kills me to bend. I do it pop lock. And painful.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️Nebug~CubbyMoMmy
 
Hi @Angel1978

Thank you for your kind post about my dad's op today. I thought that was very kind of you. I wish you all,the good prayers, luck and wishes for your appointment. Might pay you to write some questions down for him if you like. Get the answers you need. My posts is sounding weird cos I'm soooooo tired.

Will catch you later

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Hey to all my bone smart friends. I just want to thank everybody for sticking by my side when I was grouchy didn't know what to do and aggravated and frustrated and upset.

I went to the doctor today he knew I was upset he knew I was in pain he was filling around on my kneecap. He said oh my he sent me for automatic x-rays. When I came back he said the implant was moved and side is damages and lots scar tissue. I did have a lot of quad weakness because I could not let my foot off the floor but that did pass I still have a lot of quad weakness but not as bad as it was he said will improve as I do therapy
So he got a hold of the insurance company-so March 2, 2015 I have to have a conversion of a partial need to a total knee replacement I like to thank everybody at the insurance company for putting me through suffering that I have to go through again LOL...
He said the only reason that I did a partial knee replacement is because only half of your knee is damaged but for some odd reason the rest your knee is damage and implant is moving all around her kneecap he was amazed to student was amazed that the I was amazed and so was a nurse in there. So he told me that he wants to get it done as soon as possible. I was really upsetand I thought maybe he wasn't listening may or he didn't care but he said he had to wait for me to heal to see what was going on I guess that is true you can't really tell on the first couple weeks of any replacement because all the pain and swelling. But I'm going to have it done because I really trust him. And also he's going to do my husbands carpal tunnel release I told him I said I don't have a lot of cash money because well lol irs got me good for old student loans. So it's a mess And I just can't get my mine straight.

Bend is good. Just other issues
So frustrated. About it all ins could have prevented it. But who listen. Like they wanted me to go through more pain. But nothing I can do. Don't deal. Thanks for all the paraders


Info need on conversion.





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️Nebug~CubbyMoMmy
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Angel, conversion from a PKR to a full TKR is not a unique surgery. There are tons of them done. But.....they need to be done by a surgeon who is used to doing this type of revision. I'm going to tag @Josephine to give you more information about it. There is no need to rush into the conversion. You still have time to meet with the revision surgeon I gave you in the town just 20 minutes from where you live. I strongly feel you need this second opinion from someone like him who is more familiar with this type of surgery. Please consider waiting until you have a chance to talk with him.
 
I'm glad your doctor listened to you. We have had several people here who have had revisions to total knees, but like Jamie said, it is important to have a doctor who has done many of these.
 
But.....they need to be done by a surgeon who is used to doing this type of revision.
This is very important---you need to get a surgeon who basically does nothing but revisions---this will be best for you

You still have time to meet with the revision surgeon I gave you in the town just 20 minutes from where you live. I strongly feel you need this second opinion from someone like him who is more familiar with this type of surgery. Please consider waiting until you have a chance to talk with him.
Again, I strongly agree! Do not rush into this and get to the surgeon who specializes in revisions so that you can resume an active and normal lifestyle.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom