Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

@Josephine might be able to help?


Help for what lol.


I'm good know. I set down the law to him.

And knee well it's not so good.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.



Healing good. But Pop bad. Worse than video.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
If you struggle with leg raises try hooking a long scarf or dressing gown cord round your foot and gently pull on each side of the cord to raise your leg.


I new try to do well. But it's so hard. I been use a sheet. But it's complicated.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Your incision scar looks good. Did you ever get a second opinion on that knee?


Yeh but same ol. It's normal. Ok so I've just decided to give up. And wait. Because there is nothing I can do. As I've told everyone. Once a doctor cuts on you. Than no one else will touch you. Ans I've already seen a few doc and they don't accept my insurance. So I can't drive to big places. Nor do I have the funds.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi @Angel1978

As regards leg raises, strong pantyhose or tights as we call them, can be used to do this. The gusset fits lovely round the back of the ankle.

I will give you a laugh now. My husband was explaining why men loved stockings and suspenders so much and hated pantyhose/tights some years back now. He said a woman in stockings looks very attractive. Then he said, you know what pantyhose/tights do to a criminals face when they pull it over and all their features get all distorted up by the hose!....... Well think about what they do to a woman's butt and that!! I fell about laughing x
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @Angel1978
Haven't been on bonesmart for a couple of weeks. Got depressed and kinda stayed offline. I'm lots better so was checking in.
I'm so sorry about you being depressed and your family situation. Amen to being thankful for God and your kids!!
Your scar does look great. Have you tried to use a knee brace to help with the clunking in your knee. Or a support hose. Not sure if it would help.
As for the leg raises, they will come as your leg strengthens. The muscles are still weak. It takes a bit to force it to raise. But each raise you do even if only one at first will get easier and then up you go. Walking as much as you can is a fantastic exercise for your knee. But if causes pain stop and rest.
I'm praying for you!!
Hugs
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Angel1978

As regards leg raises, strong pantyhose or tights as we call them, can be used to do this. The gusset fits lovely round the back of the ankle.

I will give you a laugh now. My husband was explaining why men loved stockings and suspenders so much and hated pantyhose/tights some years back now. He said a woman in stockings looks very attractive. Then he said, you know what pantyhose/tights do to a criminals face when they pull it over and all their features get all distorted up by the hose!....... Well think about what they do to a woman's butt and that!! I fell about laughing x
Love Nana moon 27 xxx




Thanks I laughed till I cry. I seek to so that a lot. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi @Angel1978
Haven't been on bonesmart for a couple of weeks. Got depressed and kinda stayed offline. I'm lots better so was checking in.
I'm so sorry about you being depressed and your family situation. Amen to being thankful for God and your kids!!
Your scar does look great. Have you tried to use a knee brace to help with the clunking in your knee. Or a support hose. Not sure if it would help.
As for the leg raises, they will come as your leg strengthens. The muscles are still weak. It takes a bit to force it to raise. But each raise you do even if only one at first will get easier and then up you go. Walking as much as you can is a fantastic exercise for your knee. But if causes pain stop and rest.
I'm praying for you!!
Hugs
Dana



Thanks Diana I am so depressed to. Just sucks cause live in ky. And that's all she wrote lol.

Leg brace no help.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
@appaloosa girl and @Angel1978,
It's interesting that so many of us have suffered from depression from having surgery. When I spoke with my OS he doesn't see any connection between the surgery and depression. Maybe if he ever has a TKR he will actually see what we go through!! Thank goodness we have each other and so many others on Bone Smart to help us through this!!!!
 
@appaloosa girl and @Angel1978,
It's interesting that so many of us have suffered from depression from having surgery. When I spoke with my OS he doesn't see any connection between the surgery and depression. Maybe if he ever has a TKR he will actually see what we go through!! Thank goodness we have each other and so many others on Bone Smart to help us through this!!!!




Thanks I think it's the factor of me not being able to do what I use to do. Or have friends. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi @Angel1978 you are not alone on here. You are safe, you are amongst people who care and are going through recovery too. Remember the folks on here are more helpful to you as they understand the pain from this surgery, the post op blues which is a reality and the frustration of not being more mobile, than friends can if they've never gone through this x ok up until I had my revision done I struggled. I'm slowly getting brighter now but I do have CBT (Cognitive behavioural Therapy) that the doc referred me to and take my antidepressants that he upped x

Be kind to yourself and your knee. You will get better quicker that way xx I've not driven for over a year or even gone back to work. I'm very lucky they are holding my job open as long as I send in the sick notes each month. Anyway, please take care of yourself x you are not alone x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Happy Birthday @Angel1978

I wish you a lovely, enjoyable, peaceful time

On this your special day x x x


broken link removed: https://www.tranquilwaters.uk.com/

All my love from Nana moon 27 x x x
(((((Hugs))))
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom