Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Hi @Angel1978 I hope you can find something to use for icing that will help. Just so much to try to handle and you have had so much to handle. You have friends with all of us I enjoy your posts. So much to handle with this surgery. Pain and trying to sleep it all makes you so tired and understand how it feels sometimes just want to find a way to sleep and feel more normal. I could never have managed without my husband he is there to help me get through this.

I keep saying hope I am not driving him crazy he is so patient. I think the ice helps a lot just have to make sure not too cold as sometimes when it is too cold it makes my leg ache remember you saying you find the ice too cold sometimes and I have the same thing happen sometimes to. You are doing good under the circumstances and have so many people here cheering you on I am cheering you on to and you have me for a friend to.

The large ice pack that referee showed looks good others do to but it would cover your knee nice it you have a cloth under it would be good. Hope you sleep tonight and hope you do not have any pain to will keep in touch keep writing me to we will get through this together. My leg is doing alright today very sore some days good some days worse you know how that feels

. Even with all you have happening you are dealing with it pretty good and knowing it does not seem it will ever end and never get better but still early on in our recovery and hoping it gets better for you. Thinking about you hope you sleep tonight. Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Today is much dreaded pt day!!! Hope all has a nice day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi @Angel1978, hope you are having a better day than night. Hope you are feeling a bit better. Enjoy a pain-free day and a restful night. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Angel1978, hope you are having a better day than night. Hope you are feeling a bit better. Enjoy a pain-free day and a restful night. :loveshwr::loveshwr:



I wish it was not painful.
But it is lol. I will be ok.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Yay me today pt. Just not been doing good.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
@Angel1978, I so totally get what you are going through! I had my LTKR on December 1st and have been suffering from depression too. Thank goodness the Bonesmart people have given me so much encouragement and kind words to help me through it!! I am doing better and I think that having my surgery in the cold, gloomy weather was not a good idea. Being stuck in the house makes me a little crazy!! Good luck and there is light at the end of the tunnel!!
 
I guess so. It's justt sad but oh well. Anyways maybe I be better. Yeh some talk to me others don't. I just am in point where I don't care.
 
@Angel1978, Although we both are in Kentucky, I live 200 miles away in Louisville. I wish we lived closer together so we could be each others support in person. Being housebound, in pain, and bored out of our minds are not any fun. I was so down this weekend I made a promise with myself to keep busy this week and get out of this funk! Hope things are going better for you as well. Take care!!
 
@Angel1978, Although we both are in Kentucky, I live 200 miles away in Louisville. I wish we lived closer together so we could be each others support in person. Being housebound, in pain, and bored out of our minds are not any fun. I was so down this weekend I made a promise with myself to keep busy this week and get out of this funk! Hope things are going better for you as well. Take care!!



It does suck being bored out of mind and in pain.
I try to play on Facebook. But seem boring. As I told some one. I use to have friends. Lol not no more. Xxx take care!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi @Angel1978, just popping in to say hello. How did your PT session go? I had one yesterday, she was very gentle and kind but told me off for doing too much. I admit I'm in much more pain than I was a week ago. I'm having a lazy day today, it's nearly lunch time and I'm still in bed. That's not me at at all, I like to be up early and doing things, but the knee rules at the moment. Hope you are OK xxx
 
Hi @Angel1978, just popping in to say hello. How did your PT session go? I had one yesterday, she was very gentle and kind but told me off for doing too much. I admit I'm in much more pain than I was a week ago. I'm having a lazy day today, it's nearly lunch time and I'm still in bed. That's not me at at all, I like to be up early and doing things, but the knee rules at the moment. Hope you are OK xxx
Hey ya. Thanks for stopping in. My pt went good. She is gentle. She had had a knee replace so she knows. Yeh she told me off to. I try to more excerises to let it pop. Cause it keep on doing it. And it's painful. But who knows lol. I'm in a lot of pain to. More know so to. I was in the tub and hubby was help me. And my foot slid. And knee went forward. But luckily I did not fall. He was scared. Lazy day wish I could. I have pt. And I'm swollen. It's almost 7:00 am here. What's good for lunch? I like to be up early to. Knee tells us otherwise lol.


Hope all your pt continues to be good to u. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
I'm sorry about your pain, mine is OK during the day, it only bothers me at night. You have much more PT over there than we do here, yesterday was only my third session, and I next see her in two weeks.
 
I'm sorry about your pain, mine is OK during the day, it only bothers me at night. You have much more PT over there than we do here, yesterday was only my third session, and I next see her in two weeks.
Wow that's bad. Heck I've had 4 in pool and 2 in gym. Get I more session and that is all. The ins is strict here. Have good night. Wish u the best. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hey everyone. Have a pt review tomorrow. Yay me. This will determine if I'm aloud to have more sessions. I was aloud 3 time week 5 four weeks. But with pool I got 4 sessions on that. Know it's closed for repair so have be in gym. She is gentle with me. Ins sucks. They say 30 a calendar year. And they count the home health. I laughed and said why they was lazy and hurt me. But oh well. Heck can't argue.


My hub hands been hurt. Ans he has bad carpel tunnel. He is using braces know. And pain Meds. He has have sugary. Nero said was worst case he had saw. So j need to be there for him. He has been good at helping me.

Pt was good today. Lol need ot cause can't get shoes on. But that will come in time.

Sleep is better if I take the pain pill and relaxer. I was up about 12 when hub got up. Was funny he said do u ever sleep? I laughed and try cuddle with him. But can't sleep on side and his Apenia mask I cane stand the air.

My brother starts chemo/radiation on the 26 so I'm hoping it will help. Large mass in esophigious and spot on the outside. So it will be a mess. I came home. Cause to many people in the house. And I can't do steps good.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hello @Angel1978,

Over here they have a completely different view to PT, we are given the exercises to do at home, so they don't think we need many 1:1 sessions,they just check us a few times and leave us to get on with it.
It must be nice to be back at home, I know it's good to be cared for with Mum, but your own home always feels good, so long as you don't do too much!
Sorry about your husbands hand, how long before he has his surgery?
Good luck to your brother for 26th, your family are really going through it. Xxxxxxx
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom