Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Angel. I'm going to look into your insurance for you if you don't mind. Maybe I can help you get in to see someone else. But I'll need some information from you.

First, you say you have Medicare. That would be unusual for someone your age as Medicare is usually for someone who is 65 or older. Are you sure it's Medicare you're on and not Medicaid? They are two totally separate programs.

And you say you also have United Healthcare. I'll need some information about the policy you have with them. Is it an HMO or a PPO policy? Can you tell me the exact name of the policy from whatever documentation you have? If you don't have a plan brochure, give me information from your health card. It's okay to post information from the front page of a health brochure if you have it. If you're giving me info from your health card, please do it in a private message to protect your information. I don't need policy numbers, just the name of the insurance program itself.
 
@Angel1978, I feel so bad for you. You are in a terrible situation. We are all here wanting to help you, but mostly by encouragement and ideas of what has worked for us. Jamie has been very nice in offering to look Into your insurance. Please let her do this for you. Like @gr82cu2 said, I have never heard of an insurance company not allowing you to have a second opinion. Hopefully you will get some help soon. Anne
 
Got all docs in line. One post I put wrong doc.
When I get home I will give it. In staying with my mom tonight. And what I'm saying is there is no docs to do it.
I've saw dr hadji he is in Huntington that was the 1st doc I saw ans he said injections is all I needed. So he did. He refused to do scopes. Total jerk. Did X-rays said arthritis. Gave me pt
I've been to dr Reese she did left knee scope shot blood clot. she drain it. And said that's all that can be done for you. So decided call around and did.
I've been to dr love he did injections 2 scopes amd at that time I had olny Medicare. So I owe a huge bill with him
I've went to dr touma he did scopes. He retired went to Floraia
I was referred to Atkin and needless to say he was a jerk said I did not have no issues and he saw no reason to be my doc. Knowing I was in pain and could not walk.
He said maybe dr jenkinson would see me. He did and said u are 34 and all I can offer is pt.
So I went to call river cities bone joint center. And he is the one who did Meds pt and replacement.
And I was suppose to have replace on Nov 17 but United healthcare had to have pre auth. So nothing but a mess.



@Jamie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just so frustrated about it all. Got Med that is suppose to help with pain and swelling. Got predizone for swell and nucynta so I don't know. I'm set on mom mom couch. 3 pillow stack ice pack for how long I don't know till it hurts. Want to try to sleep but doubtful. Pharmacy gave me hard time on Meds. There excuse was I had perks. I said I was scribes 70 I have 65 and do u need proof. Just say I was mad and they knew it.

But the ins is hard to deal with and there jerks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I do have Medicare. I had a job but I resigned. 1 to take care of my mom and other cause of knee. I initially got it cause of other reasons. I moved to ky and well married him and got all in mess. I will be home tommrow and I will be send card info I'm pvt message. They just tell me. Kings daughter medical center aren't in network with them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dr Jasco in Huntington to I forgot.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi @Angel1978 You have been so through so much just does not seem fair all of that on top of needing a new knee. It would be very hard having all of those appointments and if you have to pay for them so unbelievable the cost do you have to pay for those costs each time. I watched your video on the way your knee moves when sliding has anyone in those doctors told you why your knee moves not sure mine does not do that but might be something that happens looks painful to me. I hope they find that everything is alright not nice if you have to do this all over again and how hard on your emotions. I am finding that after this surgery the thought of someone doing anything else to it makes me cringe.

I get blood tests for diabetes but after this even this is not feeling so good. Has anyone told you what they have planned does anyone know how they are going to help you . Like you are being told I would not let anyone who has not been trained with this surgery and has lots of experience in doing it touch you. How could they not understand what you are going through so much worry and some of it could be made a little easier with kind person who can give you answers some one you could feel confident in letting do what is needed to help. The surgery alone is very uncomfortable with all of the pain pills and trying to keep moving without complications which have not been looked after.

I hope you are not having pain and if so hope you have some one helping hard to understand how with all of these surgeries that they still do not understand the need for proper pain management and compassionate care. I wish you get answers . We are fortunate where I live as our health care system covers the expenses of the surgery, give a limited amount of home care pt, all medications in the hospital, all expenses are covered it would be hard to hard to try to plan on insurance to allow your surgery and after care.

I think we take this for granted in Canada all appointments other then dentists, eye exams, a few other things some blood tests but most are covered totally. The cyro wrap that I use was something had to pay for 40.00 other then the parking which is very expensive everything but this was covered. I will have in home pt for a number of weeks and then if needing more which I am not planning on this time it would be my responsibility to pay for and then any prescriptions needed as well.

My wish for you that you get some relief, this is just not fair so much stress for you and the pain is enough without the rest. I will keep checking in have visited you many times but you are not forgotten your kind messages and happy pictures greeted me when I came home from the hospital you are a good woman and very giving and giving to you from me all of the best wishes for an easier recovery time and all of the best in care that you so much deserve. Keeping you in my thoughts Holly
 
@lavender
The docs tell me it's noraml cause my quads is weak. But I am lifting my foot off floor. Ans I am walking a little more. It's painfful but I do it. Had to get new Meds cause it was make me sick. Been through like 6. But this last seen like it doing well..

I don't kno why they don't seem to understand what it's doing to me. Making me depressed and just bringing me down. But it's been a mess and I've had some pep already look at me. Ins game is all it is. I took and went to my moms doc and he said not normal. And I can't touch it. So it makes me real sad. But u know its all been a mess here lately. There is a few surgeons but lame has already did scopes and they did not help. And the surgeons I owe bills to. Some was blanks lol an just had office visits. And they refused me.

Ins requires pre aut and they give us olny 3 weeks of pt and 3 months of the cpu machine. There calling bugging me for it. So it leaves me a mess. Pt was 149 week and cpu was 150 week. So I was offered to wave the fee. Just blah blah ageevateed me. I just threw machine on ground in front of there office and left. They call 3-5 times day. Grrr it's all mess. I just am ready to say quits to. It's just a mess with all this ****. I can't win for losing.

I am in pain but. It like I was. I have a new Medicane. Seems to help more. But it's costy. So I olny got half. Ins was 56 bucks. And pharmacy gave me hard time. So I got mad and shows my self. I said they was acausing me. And well I call main sup over pharmacy at Walmart. I said indeed I do have perk flex tylonal codeine Celebrex zophran norco and know this one. But that don't mean u have the right to be mean to me. I brought all the bottles in front of them and said here there full. Maybe a few pills taken out them. So I am sick from other Meds. That's why they gave me the new med. I said bring the cops here and give me drug test. Cause I ain't got nothing in my system cause the pills make me sick.So it's all over with know. And I am so glad. Seems my mouth gets ahead of me lol.


I need one them cuffs. Ice heavy. Hurt incision. Peas soggy not get leg that cold. The homaid ice pack sucks to seem to not fit good. It's excpenice the Cyo like 299 can't pay that. Cause have pay tons Meds for hub. His blood thinner is 325 and his pyher Meds go from 15-98 and his breathe Meds is 100-226. Must be nice there have them benefits. I'm Jelious. I had 9 pt at home from dec 3 and I emergancy visit. And some last olny 10 min. They lazy lol. But I did all my self. I had to do a lot on my own. But took brakes and set down. But I guess was ment to be. Heck I just am so frustrating to me. But I guess it will be better.

Thanks I apreviate it. I try to be a good person. But sometimes it just don't seem that way. Like said before don't have no friends just mom kids and hub ans kitty.


Nice that u husband helped you!!! Xxx to you.
 
@Angel1978 Oh you have so much the pain medication they gave me this time is called Morphone. It works better then the other kind. Our health care is paid through our taxes and used to be deducted from our paychecks now it is part of our provincial health care. The prescriptions we need for diabetes and other health issues are very costly to. We pay for these on our own and with the amount that my husband and have prescribed the cost is very high between us lost of money we have to pay for these.

We used to have a drug plan through our job which we paid for on our paychecks but now have out own plan that costs more then 300.00 a month and the yearly cost is getting too expensive but no choice need the prescriptions to keep us alive. We pay for our own dental coverage and eye exams but being diabetic now these exams are mostly covered. Some of the costs we pay for though which are not covered.

My family doctor prescribed a medication for me that was for diabetes it costed almost 400.00 for three months this we had to change as it used up half of my yearly coverage just on the prescription even though still paying monthly premium had to also had to pay for more coverage no longer take this medication. I know how frustrated you must feel. The more people you see the more confused you must feel. I hope they can help with the confusion and give you some good answers.

Hard to have to deal with what you are handling. Hoping for the best for you and hope you get some answers on how they plan to help you with this Holly
 
Insurance wouldn't pay for my ice machine either, so I bought one. Look around on Amazon.com and see if one of those units is within your budget. I stopped using my ice machine early on and went with frozen gel packs instead, for the convenience. I bought two large re-usable gel packs at Wal-Mart ("ACE" brand by 3M). They work great for me, although you may think they're heavy. They are maybe $7 each.

It's not uncommon for the scar area to be sensitive for the first six weeks or so, but you really need to get ice on the knee to help with inflammation. Keep a soft, folded cloth between your skin and the ice pack. Also, once your incision is healed over it is usually okay to begin *gently* massaging the area with lotion and your fingertips, just very gently. This may help your sensitivity issue. Ask your doctor if that would be okay.
 
When I tried to make the homemade ice packs they tended to leak. :( Like Clipless said, you can get some pretty decent ones at your drug store or Walmart or somewhere. If you can get at least 2 you can trade off while one is getting cold again in the freezer.
 
Hi @Angel1978, I do use my cryo cuff (the hospital gave it to me to take home) but I also use two sports injury ice bags from Amazon that cost £2.99 ($4.50 approx.) I put water in them, keep them in the freezer until needed, moulded around something so they fit round my knee. If I need to I can also just fill them with ice cubes, they are great and I really recommend them.
 
I used these:
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
They are manufactured by ColPac and measure 12.5" X 18.5". They worked great and I still have them in my freezer for bumps, bruises, and strains. They are about $24 a piece and they also come in different sizes.

you can get them at Amazon.com as well as Walmart and other suppliers.
 
I've try to get them. Alseays say out stock. Or time unavailable.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Well then, this is your lucky day! I just checked and Amazon.com has referee54's ColPac in stock, 19 of them! Amazon and Walmart (online) both have the ACE gel packs like I use, and Amazon has a dizzying variety of inexpensive English-style ice bags (another awesome suggestion from Ellejay). Order tomorrow and you'll be chilling soon!
 
I honest checked Amazon and Walmart. Cause I use Amazon often. And I was try to get them and maybe I was look wrong one. I am so stupid on med stuff.
 
Do me favor can u snap shot the ones referee talking about. Cause I see different and some I see is bid on.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
@Clipless I am looking don't see one u talking about that free ship. I use Amazon but for phone cases and pc phones lol for hub. And really he does the ordering. And he not here


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom