Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

I was looking up that to. I just have get cheapest one right know. Cause of hubs Meds. I was awake all night. Have to stay with my mom.

My brother is bad and my mom nose bleed often.
My brother has esophageal cancer. They said if it's in esophagus they can get it with sugary then chemo. If its out then...:
So it's nice having my mom ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
I just searched 'colpac' and this came up, there are more.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


Thanks @Ellejay. I will get one


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Good luck angel, you have so much going on in your life at the moment, I'm sorry everything is so difficult for you. Sending virtual hugs (((())))).
 
Thanks everyone. It's just a hard time know. I know it will get easier. But just takes time. And patience witch I don't have. Xxx to all. Going to lay down before therapy.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
When I tried to make the homemade ice packs they tended to leak. :( Like Clipless said, you can get some pretty decent ones at your drug store or Walmart or somewhere. If you can get at least 2 you can trade off while one is getting cold again in the freezer.




Thanks a lot. Heck here at Walmart. They don't have nothing or alaways out stalk and the employees are a choice of words I prefer not to use. Anyways have day. Thanks a lot.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Thanks well went to pt. Saw few pep. They said early days. So back to moms I'cin. Swollen.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
I used these:
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
They are manufactured by ColPac and measure 12.5" X 18.5". They worked great and I still have them in my freezer for bumps, bruises, and strains. They are about $24 a piece and they also come in different sizes.

you can get them at Amazon.com as well as Walmart and other suppliers.




Thanks wait till thurs when hub paid and he order me one.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Angel, if your zip lock bag ice packs are leaking....could it be that you're using the wrong type of bag? You must use the ones with the press-seal top, not the ones with the plastic "zipper." The zipper type bags will leak liquid. Also, be sure and double bag them to catch any leaks that might accidentally happen if the seal is not perfect.

This is a less expensive option to the gel packs and they do work when the alcohol and water mix is the correct ratio.
 
Thanks a lot. It's all a mess. I just sometimes want to throw mans hands up and say forget it.
but I know I can't for my kids.
I use to love to post on Facebook. But know it's like I can't look at it. Just don't care or have interest. Anyways thanks for the info. Will order one this evening.
I think not having friends is what made this journey harder. I say that because I did before I started going to Church. But what sucks go church wv live ky. So all on my own. Just a mess Alsways happening.





Thanks Jamie. I am just I guess depressed. Will get better bags.
 
Angel, any friend who would abandon you because you go to church is really no friend at all and never were. Maybe you could find a new church to attend nearer to where you live now and make new friends that way? This recovery can surely get depressing there's no doubt about that and it seems like you feel so alone. All we can do is virtually hug you, hold your hand and support you through this. I'm sorry you feel so depressed. (((hugs)))
 
Well I had friends before I stated to the church. But they did not want to be friend cause church. Don't mayter to me. I was pretty much a loaner. And it's been that way since married.
 
Angel,
Is there any chance of making friends at your church?
Does your church have a group that give practical help to people who need it at certain times - like after surgery, for example?
 
Angel, if your zip lock bag ice packs are leaking....could it be that you're using the wrong type of bag? You must use the ones with the press-seal top, not the ones with the plastic "zipper."
Of course I used the correct type and still managed to get them leaking after a few uses.:shrug: I just made sure to have a towel handy. Actually kind of cooling on a hot summer day--wouldn't be so much in the winter. :heehee: But yeah, the zip top would definitely not work.
 
@Angel1978. When I was in rehab I used plastic bags tied in knot and put that in a pillow case. Did that for 2 weeks until I bought the gel PAC one for knee on amazon can't remember name but it had a cover u use to keep the gel pac in after it was iced. It also had Velcro to keep in place on knee It worked great. Feel better and remember we are here for you. And I may be young to Ashland next month. Maybe we could meet. I'll pm you and let you known his does that sound?
Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks a lot. I apreciate it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom