Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

@Angel1978, so sorry to hear you are having so many problems. I hope the doctor can help you on Friday. I can hear in your post how down you are. We are all here to help you in any way we can. Sending hugs. Anne
 
Angel, will your insurance allow you to go out of your state to see someone else? You are very close to West Virginia and could drive to get a second opinion there.
 
No it won't. And wv the same doctors have clinics is here I'n ky. Ans other places I called. Say sorry once a Surgen cuts you have to go to him. I'm screwed. It's alignent and patella. He was certain. But wanted to make sure for X-rays and Cat scan. But it's just a mess.
 
So you would let the same surgeon who might have caused the problem have another go?

I think that, after a certain amount of time has passed, you are allowed to see another surgeon. Other people have done that.

You really do need to see a surgeon who is skilled at re-doing problem knees and who does almost no other surgery but knees and hips.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It will be the other Surgen in his office. And it's not him. It's my body that not hold implant. Been bed all day and night. No sleep hot leg swollen. Went to er and well they was a choice words. Let yal know what happonds later. Going c the family doc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There is 6 in Ashland. 2 in same office. And 2 that have did scopes on me. But I threw blood clots. And there not very nice docs. Never will come to hoapital and Alsways takw vacations. I am just going wait. It's alignent and tracking. My ins won't pay for other 2 and ins allows me to go to olny 1 hoapital. The other one will accept me. But don't work wogj my ins. So I'm left with huge bills. The ones in wv come here and one of them was very rude to me. He is a young choice words. He knows I work at same place he accesses patients at. But anyways will just wait and see. And it's just maybe me in healing. Put implant is moved. And the vidio I put in thread is what it does. A nurse said normal. Doc well he is afrid. Pain yes. But it's a odd pain. Like digging burning. I move it up and back and it take me a few to get it unlocked. I been in bed not doing a lot. Steps I cant do. Bend I barley can do.
 
Angel, If the doctors tell you that your implant is loose, that is not something you or your body caused. Please do not let anyone tell you that. Loosening comes from an infection (which I sincerely doubt you have) or improperly placed bone cement (that's a problem with the surgical technique and not with your body). So please do not think this is something you did or have control over if the implant has loosened.
 
Thanks everyone. I've been a mess. Seriously swollen. And just laying around. Ice hurts on incision. And as big as my leg is it should not. It's just weird to me. Check video In thread. It's just weird. But it does it at every move. And it's a painful popping when I stand up. Still takes me a while to get to moving.

I went to the water phyco and water felt good. But the stretches and the movement back forth killed me. Cause I can see it moving. It's funny cause I am the youngest of 8. They all had to come and look. Was cute. I was set on the stool in water. And phyco came there and was fiddling with knee cap. And she just keep shake head. Parts of the incision is very tender. Toward bottom of knee and toward top. And there is the left side that has small nots on it. She said that scares her. The phyco is real good. And u sweat such a nice understanding. I had some mean ones. But this one was on maternity leave. I said thank God u are back. They like kill me. She said some is tough. Cause then not been been through it. I have so I know limits.



This man that is in the session. Was talk to me. Ask me who did it. I told him. He said know he will fix it he is man of God. And he said I have bio met and I had same issue but other issues to. And he said he did it before I got yo healed. I said I hope so cause I can't live like this. It's kill me. I said deep ache throb anoy pain. And often lock up and pop that hurt me in movement. I said I can't sleep. And I have to walk slow. Cause my knee wants to go forward. And also And my stomach won't hold no Meds unless I take some zophran. He said well he is a man of God so just talk to him.


I said thanks makes me fill better.
I am knock knees anyways so makes it complicated.
And he has did many revisions and some of the implants he has had the complainants have failed. But he will fix it I trust. I just hope he does. I been listen to Christian music and partying. Its been a mess. And I did what I was suppose to.

When I did anything I sat and I had help. I follow all excerises until they started to hurt. And listen to all they told me. Till I had to lean on more help.

I guess I am just worrying. Cause I hear people saying he is good. And there doing and did good. Then others say they don't like him and there implants had to be fix and has issues infectin. So I'm worrying.

Today I woke up. My hub me shoes on cause I could not. I could not let leg off floor. Have lots quad weakness. And tons swell. So I'm a mess. And have to be out in cold.
Got my kids to friends to get them to school. So apt will be good I hope.

I'm just really bummed just curious to know what ordeal is.

Xxx to all thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
@Jamie look up Josepth Leith and Dr Goodwin. River cities bone joint center. Check them out for me.





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Went to doc. He said quad weakness. He said implant is in place. Lots swelling so he gave me 2 new Meds. Said sleep in brace and have pt tape come back in month. If it's not help in 2 weeks. Will see what can be done. He said where I've delt with it so long. It take time. Blah blah.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Angel1978 But what did he say about that tendon or whatever it is that moves across your knee and pops? I can't believe that will fix itself. I cringed when I saw your video. I really wish you would find a way to get another opinion. One from a doctor that is completely unrelated to your original surgeon. Have you called your insurance company to ask who you could see? Or how about your primary care physician? There has to be someone out there that can help you and not just tell you to tape up and sleep in a brace!
 
@Jamie look up Josepth Leith and Dr Goodwin. River cities bone joint center. Check them out for me.

Of the two, Dr. Leith appears to be the better choice for someone who could take a look at your knee. He does revisions. Although, if you do see him, ask how many knee revisions he does in a year and hopefully it's not just one or two.

Dr. Goodwin appears to be more of a general orthopedic surgeon like your current doctor. He would be an option only if you wanted a third opinion. And that's not a bad idea either, given the amount of pain you're in.

I do hope this means you are pursuing seeing someone else about your knee. The fact that someone says your current doctor is a "good Christian man" has absolutely no bearing on what's best for you. You need a skilled surgeon who can diagnose problems from a primary surgery. You have a problem or you would not be in this much pain and have significant swelling like you describe. I sincerely doubt that the problem is weak muscles!

Please don't push yourself if you are hurting. I encourage you to make an appointment and see someone else for help.
 
Angel, You are putting something between your knee and the ice, aren't you? You need to put a tea towel or something like that there, - maybe even a facecloth.


@Jamie I do. Like a towel and I've had to use a soft blanket. I'm just a mess. Ins won't allow me to have second opinion.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
@cellie I do. Like a towel and I've had to use a soft blanket. I'm just a mess. Ins won't allow me to have second opinion.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Angel1978 But what did he say about that tendon or whatever it is that moves across your knee and pops? I can't believe that will fix itself. I cringed when I saw your video. I really wish you would find a way to get another opinion. One from a doctor that is completely unrelated to your original surgeon. Have you called your insurance company to ask who you could see? Or how about your primary care physician? There has to be someone out there that can help you and not just tell you to tape up and sleep in a brace!


Ins won't allow me to.
Family doc says he can't do anything. Just has to get strong so it won't hi from side to side. He said that's normal and he see it all the time. I don't know. I'm just heart broken.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Oh Angel I feel so bad for you. I can't imagine in my wildest dreams that could be normal. If I can ask, who is your insurance company? I have never heard of insurance not allowing a 2nd opinion especially if there is a complication from a major surgery. If something really is wrong and the problem snowballs it could end up costing them a lot more in the end. Was it the insurance company that told you no on a 2nd opinion?
 
Medicare and united health care. Ans there both rude when u call.
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom