Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Me sweeet nah don't like suger. It just takes time as in this.recovery thing.

Legin THR Sep 14
Hey Legin. U are sweet. And have been nice to be. Yeh this recovery for the birds lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
I know but as they say rone wasn't built in.a.day. I'm back to insomniacsville.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Me to. And wow it sucks. I had to go help my mom today. She is in a mess. How are you?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
I'm ok ish had a busy day walking major freezer sort and.cooked.for seven. Sorry.about your mum

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks my mum be Okies. Wow cook for 7 me to. 5 brats 2 adults. But I set and did a lot of it lol. Hub been a mess... But it's all good know. I made some banna pudding cake and some some Reese and butterfingers cupcakes.
 
Nice one I love cooking.kitchen is my domain

Legin THR Sep 14
 
What kind goodies is you spouse fav? Mine is the baking for my hub. He also like the Chinese food I cook or the pit roast or the him aid pizza lol.
 
@Angel1978. Just reading thru your thread you sure have your hands full
I also see you're from Ashland. I have family that lives there too. Small world. I hope you're feeling better
Good luck with your progress


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
You were baking already? I hope you had some help.
 
Angel, I also think that you still need to be careful standing so much. You look like a fantastic baker though. My doc told me two hours rest for every one hour up. and that is as the day progresses---so if you are cooking for an hour, then two hours down. If walking around the house for an hour--then two hours down.

I just read that you are not feeling well. If you get a fever or if your leg is red or hot, you need to call your doctor right away or go to an emergency room. Flue like symptoms sometimes are the result of an infection in your joint, so this is important.
 
Thanks ski girl. My doc is not in not has anyone on call. So if I get worse I will go er. It sometimes gets hot.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
If the knee itself is warm, that's fairly typical. But if your calf is warm that's more concerning, I think.
 
Well my insomnia is being bored and pain. It's a mess. My bro and mom hub is I'll. so my mind race. I can't do no house Clean leg hurts a lot. I just set. Think depression getting to me. Side I can't do a lot. Read you recovery thread. Thanks. Similar. My knee is never happy. It was mad at me yesterday for going in car. But I had to help. My mom and bro is sick and no one would help her. She is my world. Xxx my mind races can't read books. Start them I think of life and gets me off track. :bored: Lol this is me uh what to do. Uh how can I fix it. xxx

Hi, @Angel1978 - I decided to answer you on your own thread - we shouldn't be talking about your recovery on @fiberlady's thread which is about her recovery ;-) It looks like you have had some wonderful advice from a lot of knowledgeable people. What would help would be a distraction, which books and hobbies can be for me. Do you have friends nearby who can pop in for a visit and take your mind off your everyday worries. One thing to remember is that you have to help yourself first, before you can help your mother or your brother. This is your time to get better and you need to be, what you might think is selfish and do what you need to do to recover - following all the BoneSmart mantras which you know by heart - rest, elevate, ice, etc. I think you are doing way too much and it's time to rest, put your leg up and relax, listening to music, or watching TV which will take your mind away.

Just so you know - the advice I'm giving you is from a Mom's point of view. You are younger than my youngest son and what I've said to you is what I would say to any of my kids - daughter-in-laws included. You need to give yourself more time to look after you - that's the only way you will get better.
 
@Angel1978,

Yes, you are doing too much too early. Can anyone else check in on your Mom for you? All the baking is nice, but I'm sure your family will understand if you take some time off to prop your leg up and ice it. It is trying to heal inside, and it gets aggravated when it gets too much too soon. Please take care of you!

We care!
:friends:
 
No one can check on my mom that will. There long story behind it.
I was relaximg at same time.
They all know I've had the sugury and get mad at me for help. I said u 82 come on no one will help u. Was an emergency help.
Yes I was proped up icing while I was in kitchen.
I don't stay on feet A lot. Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom