TKR I have a new knee!

I agree, Judy! I think that knowing what to expect (and that I got through the tunnel), will help me a lot. Plus, I hate the winter/snow/ice/cold. Hibernating with a new baby (and of course my other 2 babies!) sounds like a piece of heaven!

I went to an extraordinary Integrative Holistic Medicine fair today. This was the 4th year. One of our 4th year students has hosted it every year since he entered medical school. (He's going off to Wisconsin for his residency, so it may never happen again.) At last year's fair, I was looking around for pain relief for my knees. I hobbled in like an old lady with my cane. I was a human guinea pig for all of the exhibitors. I had acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, massage, reiki, you name it, I let them do it. This year I enjoyed my visit, but let people that needed pain relief do the sampling. What a difference a year makes! Being in pain every day when you just try to walk, sure does a job on your over-all health and quality of life!
 
Nyland, I am so glad that you got your date for your new left knee! :yay: Now you have something to look forward to! I hope your left knee is behaving its self! And you are able to get a better nights sleep my friend!

I love your new avatar kiddo! :)
 
Thanks, Jacky! My left knee is a little stinker, but I used to have 2 BIG stinkers. :heehee: It is amazing how different my life is with one good knee. In less than a year, I'll have 2 good knees just like you! :friends:

That is my baby girl. She is always so happy and sweet. She spent the weekend with Nana and Papa. We got her soccer equipment, had pictures with the Easter Bunny, saw "The Croods" movie, played, cuddled and then we all met up at Easter Brunch.

Thanks for noticing. Next, my baby boy. Man, I love being a Nana!
 
Yes my dear you will have two good knees, and everyone better move out of your way cause there'll be no stopping you! :thumb:
 
Happy to hear you have a date for new knee number two, Nyland :thumb: And you have so much to look forward to before then. Happy days :flwrysmile:
 
Awe Nyland, he is a sweetie too! :) Yes, being a grandma is fantastic, and fun! We use to take our grandsons to the movie often, and I'm glad we did otherwise we would have missed that special time with them and some great kids movies! It was a win, win! :thumb:
 
Howdy friends,
It sure has been a long time since I was up in the middle of the night with knee pain. That darn left knee. My husband told me to take an alive and he promised me it would help....just waiting for the relief. I wonder if there is a storm coming for it to be suck a stinker tonight. I guess I can't complain.I have had such a perfectly wonderful few months. My new knee is great and has been doing the ork of 2 knees. It gets takes over for walking and just about everything.......so, yes, this is just a little inconvenience. Soon, I will have 2 matching new knees.
Such a a busy day tomorrow. I hope it settles down soon.
 
Nyland I'm so sorry that stubborn knee is giving you grief! I do think the weather does have an effect on our whole body and we keep getting this shift in air masses, and last night we had quite a lot of rain and thunder and lightening. Hopefully when this passes you will have less pain my friend. :console2:
 
I'm wondering if the weather is responsible for me waking up with a headache, neck ache and shoulder pain (which all seems tied together). Could barely move my head side to side. It probably is due to the weather clashing with arthritis, just as with you. I sure don't miss those days of waking up from my knee spurs "catching" on each other and causing a punch in the gut pain. You sure are brave to wait until next January. Once I knew relief was possible I did everything I could to make it as soon as possible! Hope the Aleve kicked in and gave you some relief.
 
Today I got a letter from my OS and the hospital. I got my surgery date confirmation, pre-op appointments, insurance approval code, and my 1 week post op appointment! Now that is what I call prompt. :happydance: Yesterday I got coverage for the medical school classes that I teach. Just for January. I told them that I won't be back at work, but I drove at 4 weeks for my right knee and will teach my February classes starting on February 6th. 90 minutes will be just right. I'll feel like I'm getting out and will then go home to ice and elevate. Last surgery, things were so fast and tense, this time it feels like everything is falling into place. I know it is a while away, but it feels good that, this time, all of the decisions are on my terms. Talk about a 180.
So, I am going to my rheumy for cortisone in my left knee. My husband has severe rheumatoid arthritis in both knees. (Mine was/is severe osteoarthritis) He is too afraid to have the cortisone shots. He has heard bad things. I told him my rheumy is awesome and has never hurt me, so we have an appointment date. He is going to watch and see and then have both of his knees done. We also had to have a colonoscopy date because he was too nervous. Now is that true love or what???? Getting injections and having that long tube .................all in the name of true love. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
Yes Nyland true love indeed! :) I'm so glad that everything is falling into place for you this time, it makes it much less stressful! Before you know it your time will be here! :thumb: Thank goodness hubby is starting to see the light, I swear sometimes they can't see how valuable they are to us and need to take care of themselves too!
 
We think exactly alike. I tell him all the time there is no way he going before me! Since I am about to be bionic, I plan on sticking around for a good long time, which means, so is he. :angel:
 
So true, Norm and I always have that very conversation, I tell him, I swear to god if you go before me, I'll pull you out of the ground and beat you up! :heehee: , it may sound funny but I'm serious!

So true, now that I have my new knees I don't plan on going anywhere too soon! Before my new knees, I was ready to go anytime the pain was so bad!

Is that your hubby with your granddaughter in you avatar?
 
We also have that conversation, Jacky. Too funny. yes, that is my man with our cutie patootie!
 
Your avatar photo is indeed lovely, Nyland. Glad to hear your have received a letter confirming your surgery date. So good that you have plenty of time to prepare and also happy family times before then.

Exciting times ahead :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Kathy!
How are your grandson and daughter doing? Boy, we have much more in common than new knees, huh?
 
We sure do, Nyland, great isn't it my friend.

Rayan is doing very well, thank you. He is such a good little boy, no trouble at all. Kelly is coping remarkably well, as she always does. I am so very proud of her. She brought up her first three children more or less by herself. She also works part-time as a senior claims negotiator for a large insurance company. When she was with their father, he was never hands on and would often never be there anyway. Finally Kelly saw the light and separated from him. Although he has the children to stay with him now once a month now.

Andrew, Kelly's fiance, is totally the opposite to Warren. He is a full hands on dad to Rayan, but is also great with my other three grandchildren. I am so happy they are to marry at the end of September.
 
I'm so happy for you.

Oh my goodness. Boston Marathon. Local news just announce that Boston is under attack. CHILLING!
 
Back
Top Bottom