TKR I have a new knee!

Hi Nylanfnd long time no see. This is one of the few emails that come thru to me. Otherwise I tend to forget to keep up with my bonesmart friends. Just trying to keep up with what life throws at you.
You sound great, despite the huge tumor in your foot. That's kinda a drag. But all will be well.
Hang in there my friend.
School sounds fairly well.
Thank you so much for updating us on the status of your wonderful working new knee.
Congratulations, gives us pre ops some encouragement.
Keep it up.....
 
Thank you, my friends! I am overwhelmed by your sweet messages. I honestly didn't think anyone would remember me. (I must have been one squeaky wheel!) You all look so great! Jacky, what a nice photo! Hope all is well. I think of you often! Sonja you look like a teenager. What is your secret? Sheryl, or should I call you skinny minnie? My knee birthday twin, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts to lose your only sister. I wish you peace so that you can enjoy the fun and happy memories. It took me a while, but for the past several years I celebrate my sister's birthday by getting a gift for a random person that I think needs a smile, and say, Happy Janice's birthday!" It turned a sad day back into a happy day for me. Message me anytime. I just made sure that my setting were set so that I receive an email whenever I get a PM. Also, sorry about your back. Diva, I think that you are right. I originally saw a pcp at urgent care. I was told it was an inflamed vessel. I felt that was wrong, so had a vascular NP check it out. She agreed with me that it wasn't an inflamed vessel, but a mass that could be vascular in nature. She sent me to the foot surgeon, who wasn't sure what exactly it was, but agreed it was a mass from the x-rays. The MRI report showed that it was not at all vascular, but it was a unique nuisance. I'm not at all concerned, it is just a inconvenience. CFlower, are you ok? I'll have to catch up to see what is going on with your knee. Hugs, my friend! Carolina Girl, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Recovery is tough, but so worth it.
Thank you my friends! I am so touched by your support, friendship, and kindness. Off to work.....
xoxoxoxo
~Nyland
 
Congrats on your knee birthday! Best wishes for the foot.
 
Happy one year anniversary Nyland! Mine is coming up in about 5 weeks. Will for sure keep you in my prayers that the tumor or whatever it is, is nothing serious and the surgery is easy. Sending giant hugs your way! ♥
 
HI Nyland you are a brave one! Congrats on your right knee and good luck when your left one comes along soon. You are have sure been busy and scholarly!
I will be thinking about you and your foot surgery and hope it's quick, benign and you can get back to life. Keep us posted.
 
Hi Nyland - Happy Birthday to your knee! I am so happy you are doing so well with it. I am very impressed that you are now done with your dissertation! Wow...that is such a huge accomplishment. You deserve a huge celebration and I hope that comes soon after you get that foot taken care of today! Good luck to you and enjoy your summer. No more doctors until January! :) ox
 
Happy Anniversary Nyland and a super duper congrats on your dissertation. You must be very very proud of yourself. I hope the operation went well today. Sending you lots of hugs x x x
 
Had my surgery! I THOUGHT that I was the best patient ever!!! (hahahahaha) I had a double popliteal nerve block that we all thought worked great.
I thought the surgery was 12 seconds long and I thought I was awake the whole time. (hahahahaha number 2!) The wonderful anesthesiologist (cutest guy), came to check on me on me in recovery. He told me that he did another double popliteal block in the OR and eventually had to give me general anesthesia!!! I had no idea!!!! How did he do that when I was awake the entire time and it was only a 12 second surgery??? Then his PA, nurse anesthesiologist, resident, and a few others came by and told me they had to go to general because I was screaming in pain! I didn't know! I asked the anesthesiologist if I really screamed, he said yes. (He had adorable dimples. I noticed that when he was trying to hide a smirk. Omg!) Anyway. my foot still has no feeling at all. They said very soon I would feel pins and needles and that meant it was coming awake. Nothing yet! I have been sleeping. General anesthesia does that to me, and apparently I had everything they had. (hahahahaha number 3!) Oh, it also gave me a terrible sore throat….or maybe that was from the screaming? (Holy Moly! Can you say mortified?)
This morning I woke up, STILL no feeling in my foot. Those 2 double nerve blocks may not have worked for the surgery, but are still working strong 28 hours later. Still can’t feel a thing or even wiggle my toes. They made a big deal to take 2 pain pills as soon as I started feeling it wear off..the pins and needles feeling like when your foot falls asleep and starts waking up. I haven’t had any pain medication yet.
I am so stylin'. (not! Hahaha) This is a boot that has only a block heel to that there is no pressure on the bottom of the foot. (think something lurch would wear) Not like a regular heel, it slopes to the back. To walk I have to put all of weight on my bionic leg (new knee) and march to keep pressure off with my groovy walker.
I hope the foot stays asleep for 2 weeks! Hahaha!
Thank you so much for all of my knee birthday wishes, the thesis congrats, and well wishes for surgery. All is well and I feel great.
Your friend,
~Nyland
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
    stylin.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 174
:SUNsmile: Sounds like you've definitely kept your sense of humor! Maybe because the blocks hadn't worn off yet? Hope you're still feelin' groovy today with that fancy boot you've got?
 
Hi Tracey,
Feeling fine. I went to work today. Surgery on Friday, work on Monday. Not bad, huh? This was an easy peasy surgery. Just inconvenient, but no biggie.
Great to *see* you, my friend. I see that you are truly bionic. I'm following in your footsteps.
~Nyland
 
Holy, moly Nyland, you are one tough cookie my friend! :friends: Have you gotten the results from what that mass was all about? How long do you have to wear the fashionable booty? I see we never get to old to notice cute guys with dimples, ata girl! :heehee: I'm glad all went well for you kiddo, now stay well, please! :beg:
 
Wow! That is an amazing story! Is your foot still numb this week? What were the pathology results?
Sure glad you are doing so well!!!
 
Hey friends!
I only saw the NP today, so didn't get the pathology report. I'm pretty sure that if there was any bad news, this surgeon would have come to my house, and pulled me out of bed. She was the one that left a voicemail message, sent me a text and an email while i was at jury duty. Her messages said, "I know that you are at jury duty, but please come to my office on your way home. I will wait for you. By the way, I have scheduled your surgery for Friday." (This was on Monday.) I was a tad disappointed today.For some reason, even though I knew that my stitches would not be taken out until August 16th, for some silly reason I thought that I would be able to negotiate having the stitches out. I failed, so tonight we postponed our summer vacation for a few weeks. (It was planned for next week.) I'm excited, I'll have the stitches out and can swim in the pool with the kids during vacation. I'm still astounded that the stitches have to be in for 3 weeks, 21 day! My knee stitches were taken out at the 1 week mark.
Yes, all of the feeling came back. OUCHY!!!! No pain, just a "booboo" type soreness. Hey, we have all had knee replacement. Once you recover from that, a little old tumor excision, is nothing....only inconvenient. The NP gave me tramadol today to help with the throbbing at night. It definitely took the edge off.

Jacky,
I am such a sucker for dimples. Keeps us young, right? I'm going to be 29 again on Sunday. :giggle:
 
Keep those stitches! Remember mine came out at 10 days on tibia and opened up the next day. Might have been better off if they stayed in. So glad everything went okay and no concerns about pathology!
 
Jacky,
I am such a sucker for dimples. Keeps us young, right? I'm going to be 29 again on Sunday. :giggle:[/quote]


:) Yes Nyland, that is what keeps us young! I'm a sucker for bald men, and Norm just simply can not understand it! It's not for him to understand. :shrug: Of course I fell in love with him for his brown Roman eyes, he reminded me of Victor Mature, if anyone remembers him!

Have a great 29th birthday tomorrow my friend! :whistle:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom