TKR I have a new knee!

Yes, I did hear that on the news last night. The marathon coverage was on every TV station all last night. They said that there would be vigilant security at the London marathon. Stay safe, my friend.
 
I cannot get my mind around this tragedy. What is WRONG with people?!?!?! To purposely and methodically inflict that much pain and suffering to completely innocent bystanders is disgusting. It scares me as a parent to think what this world is coming to and if we'll ever find a way to live in harmony.

At least the news coverage here is sharing the heroic stories of those helping the injured and rushing to hospitals to donate blood. It helps to hear that there is still good in the world amongst all the terror.
 
Hi Sarah,
I so agree with you. It is hard to wrap our heads around senseless hate. Peace is so easy. It is so cheap. I don't understand, either.
My husband's boss' wife was at the finish line. She was lucky, but she lost her hearing. I hope it is temporary.
A few of my best friends are on the MA Disaster Medicine team. They were there, as they are every year. I haven't spoken to them yet today. They are very, very special people. They work in emergency medicine and volunteer their medical expertise in disaster medicine.
PEACE!
 
Jacky48 Did you see that the families from Newtown were sitting right in those grandstands? Those poor, poor people.
 
Yes Nyland we did, and knowing that this marathon was in honor of Newtown and a poor 8 year old child got killed is really, really painful! What the hell is this world coming too, I have no idea! All we can do is love our loved ones and tell them often, and hold them closely, and hug them tightly every chance we get!

Our grandson turns 17 tomorrow and at Easter his request was that he wanted me to show him how to make my husband's old family recipe for homemade raviolis, which they use more like "tortellinis" in chicken broth. So my sweet grandson came over (school break week) around 11am and I let him do all the hands on work, making the fresh pasta to the meat filling, all I did was guide him with instructions. We had a great day and I'll post it on my thread tomorrow with picture, but with a time so sad, I was lucky to get a happy! Otherwise I believe I would have cried a lot more today! He and I discussed the Boston even as we were working, and we worked through. It's hard for our young people to fathom such ugly people too!
 
What a wonderful day for you and your grandson. A very special day! As soon as I read homemade pasta, i smiled. My sister used to make homemade ravioli and fettuccine. She was so cute. She would spend an entire Sunday making it. She would call and tell us to come pick it up. She had it hung and draped over all of her open cabinets. She made cabbage ravioli. YUM! Thank you for the fun and happy memories. I cherish those memories. They truly do seem like yesterday.
I'm so glad that you were able to talk to your grandson about the world we live in. I'd give up my computers, cell phone, and cable tv to go back to a safer, friendlier world.
 
I totally agree with you Nyland, I too would give up all those things for the peace of mind that we use to know, however all those tools are needed now a days just to keep up with the malice that is going on in our new world!

When my grandson and I started he asked, does that Ninja machine that you have on the counter do the pasta?, and I said yes, however do you want to do it the old way and get the feel for the proper feel for the pasta, or do you want the quick way?, he said, lets do it the old way that way I'll know how it should feel! Love that boy! :)

I'm glad you have happy memories of your sister, sweet! :)
 
He said, lets do it the old way that way I'll know how it should feel!
Now that is one COOL teenager!
 
Thanks Nyland, he is a cool 17 year old grandson! To tell you the truth, I was really surprise that a 17 year old boy would want to spend a day with his grandma making homemade ravioli! Lucky me! :)
 
Nyland, you will definitely with have great times like i have with your grand kids! Those are the best! :) I'm sure you've had many great times already, as I can see through your sweeties picture! New knees give us so much more in life! :)
 
I'm just trying to speed read through your thread, Nyland. My RTKR was July 30, 2012, so we are on similar schedules, though I am fortunate that my left knee is still behaving. Sorry to see yours is up for repairs. I finally getting close to my ROM goals, but I'm still bothered with pain and swelling in my right knee. How is it with you?
 
Hi Martha!
My right knee is great. I definitely was a slowpoke, but I made it. I might not be the best person to compare to. I had my replacement because I wanted to improve my quality of life. I wanted to be able to walk to meetings, my office, and do things with my husband, kids and especially my grandchildren. I'm not an athlete, and my only aspirations were walking with no pain. I have no idea what my numbers are, nor do I care. I can't wait to have 2 pain free knees. I think that I learned some things in my first recovery that will help the next one. I have so many things to keep me really busy until my next surgery. So busy, that hibernating for the winter in my recliner sounds dreamy.
We can celebrate our 1 year kneeversaries together. :cheers:
 
Nyland, I've been so worrier about you and yours! We all have a lot to learn from Massachusetts! So happy to hear you're are okay! 15 miles is way too close to your home! That poor young, 26 yr old man that lost his life at MIT is very sad, and his family must have to deal with his loss for yet another demon walking this good god's earth! Shame!
 
I have never seen such a sense of community. The police asked everyone to unlock their wifi so people could communicate. They intermittently shut down cell service. Everyone did. I am sure everyone here from MA will agree with me, we weren't scared, but neighborly, cohesively bonded, and "wicked" po'd.
 
Thanks to my NEW right knee, I was able to enjoy Earth Day yesterday. My hubby and I took the day off and took our granddaughter to the Earth Day at the ecotarium. My left knee gave me lots of grief, but my right one carried me through the day. I am still amazed at what a difference one good knee can make. We went on the train with the incredibly low seats. After we sat, I asked my husband how I was ever going to get off without him helping me. I was on the outside, so I had to get out first. The entire ride, I wondered how I was going to do it. I did! No problem. That one bionic knee worked fantastic!
 
Nyland, I'm so glad you had a great day with hubby and your granddaughter! Isn't it awesome when you discover that you can concur a dang low seat! :tada:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom