TKR I have a new knee!

Hi Nyland, I have just been reading your posts. I am so happy you are home now. I sound like your having a bit of a tough spell with pain. Hopefully soon you will have it under control. Glad you have your hubby home with you and keeping any bossy PT's in line :) Just kidding. Will keep a watch on your progress :) My dogs will be great they are always by my side and help whenever I may feel a little low. Take Care of yourself.
 
Hi Chinook,
No more pain here. My new knee is 6 months old now. What a roller coaster ride, though. Thank you for reminding me of how far I have come. It was a horrible beginning, but I made it. Best of luck to you with your surgery. On your tough days post and we will hug and support you, and tell you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
 
Thanks, Jackie! That's our little boy! My sister-in-law laughed uncontrollably when she saw that he sits in a carseat and watches Clifford movies when he is in the car. At home, he watches cartoons when we are not home. My next door neighbor keeps coming over and thinks that we didn't hear the doorbell. She says, "I know you were home, the TV was on." :rotfl:
 
Awe that is way too funny!:heehee: Darn neighbors!:heehee: My son and his family will put on the country & western station on their radio for their dogs! When we dog sit, when they go out of town, we always remember the radio if Norm and I go out for a bit! I don't know if the dogs kick up their heels while were gone or what, but that what we do, put on the radio!:puppysmooze:
 
Love that "it is my knee" feeling and not some strange object that is terrorizing me. Glad you are there.
 
What is the doggy's name? That is so cute that he watches Clifford from his car seat! ha!
There are many people who do not consider it a psychotic act to call 911 from your hospital bed! I bet he gave them a good reason why they should send the rescue squad!
I wouldn't worry about those articles. The media often blows things up and I don't see that anything has changed since our first knees were done to make us change our minds. Dr's are obligated to treat post op pain although I see how stingy so many of these surgeons can be with the meds.
That is so wonderful for you to help out your niece like you did. Hugs and prayers for you and your family Nyland.
 
Hi Marianne,

His name is Jack.

Yes, he called 911 because his sponge bath water was too cool. He complained and the aide told him that there was a problem with the hot water. She told him that a call had been made to have it fixed. He called 911 and said that the hospital needed to be evacuated, that there was no heat or hot water, and the elderly patients were freezing to death. The state police came with the department of public health. He certainly has kind-hearted psychosis.

How are you feeling?
 
Wow, Nyland. I had to back way up to figure out your current posting. I thought you were in la-la land and explaining how your dog dialed 911 to complain about his bath. :rotfl:

Seriously, I was either going to tell you to cut back on whatever meds you were taking, or let me know name of the drugs so I could ask my dr for an Rx. :rotfl:

Great belly laugh, thank you!!
 
Life is strange---I thought the same thing when I first read your post---
[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
 
Oh boy, I need to fix something here. Confusing my dog with a man that is fighting for his life? Sorry everyone.
 
Nyland, you did not need to delete your post. You only needed to edit it, by changing the "He" in your second sentence to Paul or my nephew-in-law. Without the proper context, it looked as if "he" was referring back to your dog. Can't tell I'm an old English teacher, can you?
 
Wait, now I feel so badly. :boohoo:
It makes me having a belly laugh at a person fighting for their life. And I didn't mean it that way.
 
Nyland, you did not need to delete your post. You only needed to edit it, by changing the "He" in your second sentence to Paul or my nephew-in-law. Without the proper context, it looked as if "he" was referring back to your dog. Can't tell I'm an old English teacher, can you?

I am an English teacher as well, and yo beat me to it! :loll:
 
Nyland, how is your nephew in law doing? Any positive news? I'm hoping for a yes!
 
Nyland, I hope you're doing well! I also hope Paul is doing well!

Stay well my BoneSmartie friend and stay positive! I Love and care about you! :console2:
 
I responded to 2 different questions.

I should have been more clear, but I didn't deserve to be targeted by the grammar police.

It is not nice that you would judge and laugh at a friend on a support board. (especially when that said friend was sharing about a dying family member)

I'm not an idiot. I am not illiterate. I am, however, offended.

Do unto others...........
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom