TKR I have a new knee!

Nyland, I missed you my friend, and I was afraid you might have been offended!:console2: I hope this helps, I knew what you meant!
How is Paul doing? He's still in my prayers!
Stay well my friend, I care!:console2:
 
Hi Nyland
Good to hear from you.
You don't say, but it sounds like your family member has gotten worse; so sorry if that is what is happening. Do try to take care of yourself too.
 
Hy Nyland. Have no idea what has gone on but wanted to say Hi and say you have always been informative and very friendly in your posts. So whoever has upset you Im sorry. You have a lot of friends on the forum. Take Care
 
Some people are insensitive sometimes even if they don't intend to be. I am sorry that you got offended by them.

Please keep us posted about Paul. It is such a sad story and our thoughts are with you and your family.
 
Nyland, when I first joined the board, I rather thoughtlessly commented that staples in the knee looked gross. Several people then called me out for saying they were gross or that they looked gross. I was sorry that I had offended those women---but really, we were all on medication. I should not have commented in such a negative way and maybe they could have been a little kinder to me than to take so much offense. But, I did feel quite badly and ended up not posting for a while.

When I came back on the board, I was happy that no one mentioned the "problem" again. I was a little more careful too. Right now, is a stressful time in your life---not only with your own knee but also with your family problems, I am sorry that you are having to go through so much right now. Life is not always easy.

Judy's husband, Paul, had both knees replaced and is having some difficulty regaining his mobility. Judy has a thread with his progress called "Chugging down the road to recovery" I am sure she is busy taking care of him too.

This board is a wonderful place---we are mostly positive and everyone really tries to help one another. I love being here myself. We are glad that you are sharing your recovery with others---and it seems to me that you have many friends on the board. I hope this little tiff goes the way of my remark about staples looking gross. I for one am glad that I stayed on the Board and have gotten a lot from the support here.

And, I really hope that no one notices that I have a great deal of difficulty with commas and where they belong!!! Kelly
 
Nyland, please come back..we need you!!! And we CARE about you too. I wish there was something I could do for you..this has got to be such a roller coaster of events for you..and I want to send you such a huge hug and comfort you somehow right now.

Please know that you are being thought of with lots of love.
 
Nyland .... Poppet came to say Hi :)

I remember you visiting my thread in the hippie section, you were and are very caring...

Hugs from OZ

p.s The important thing here is that you are a very important part of our international BS family. You care about us and we care about you. Please come back :)
 
My dear friend, Nyland, have only just seen these posts and KNOW that no one on here meant any harm or offence to you. We know how everyone is so very supportive and friendly on here. I have never ever known anyone to be rude to anyone else.

It is a difficult and sensitive time for you and we are all prone to take things personally at times like this. Apart from our knees, I think that a lot of us on here have other stuff going on that makes us very sensitive and it is easy to take things out of context.

Please please be assured that no harm was meant to you - it never ever would be on here. I know you will be back on here in your own good time - we all certainly hope so :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you, all. I joined the gym. I'm working all of the tightness out of my new knee. It feels better and better. I want it to be fabulous beforeI make a date for a new left knee.
 
Hi Nyland, it's nice to hear from you again! :) Is there a pool at the gym you join? I asked because there are many here that say they get great benefit from water exercise for strengthening the knees and legs. When are you planning to get your left knee done?

Stay well my friend, I wish you the best! :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
Good to hear you're enjoying the gym and getting good results.

Take care and keep us posted on your doings. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
 
That is fantastic nyland, I am so pleased for you :)
 
Nyland!!! It's soo good to see you!! It sounds like you're getting that new knee on the road to perfection!! I know what you mean when you say you want knee number one as good as it can be before getting number two done!! I'm trying to do the same thing!!

If all goes right, I will be having knee two done this spring or summer myself!!

I'm so glad you're doing well. I've missed you!
 
It's so good the hear the knee is improving all the time!
 
Hi Kneeper,
Yes, my gym visits are all about my knee. Stretch. Once it feels like a normal knee with no tightness, I'll plan the left. I know that i am slower than most, but it's working for me. I will NOT go back to work too early this time. My left will get a 12 week vacation. :SUNsmile:
 
Nyland, Not sure what all this is about. I will go further back and read it all.
Please know nobody here would try and hurt you or any of your family. We care about our friends deeply. A misunderstanding I am sure. :puppysmooze: :angel: :friends:
 
Happy 7th month anniversary Nyland! :yay: It sounds like you're doing well! I'm glad you're thinking of getting knee #2 done, you will be happy to have two good knees! :thumb:

Stay well my friend!
 
Thanks, Jacky48! Yes, I'm definitely going to do the other knee. Can you believe that I said that? I was the one that cried for nothing and thought this whole thing was for the birds.....for the first 3 - 4 months, anyway. I was definitely not the knee replacement star of the day........if they could see me now (yes, another reference to yet another Broadway tune.....musicals are my thing.:heehee:)
By the way, YOU, my friend, are the BEST!!!!! Thanks for all of your support, advice, and sharing giggles. You always showed up when I needed you most! :friends:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom